• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thabo & Pero Arrested; Thabo OUT FOR SEASON due to injuries

ersimo2889

Man I just saw the TMZ video and f*ck those cops! I'm still not going to generalize cops as all being that way but they went way too far there and I hope the guy who beat him with the stick loses his damn job. And I hope that Thabo and the Hawks sue the sh*t out of the NYPD as this could be an enormous blow to our season. 

I'm not sure why the cop had to pull out his baton to begin with, but I don't believe he actually hit Thabo with it. The sound was either the baton extending or hitting concrete. Not the sound of hitting a person.

I'm not sure why the cop had to pull out his baton to begin with, but I don't believe he actually hit Thabo with it. The sound was either the baton extending or hitting concrete. Not the sound of hitting a person.

Well, you know Thabo is a super human so, with the other 16 cops holding him, there was still a chance Thabo might've broken free and wreaked havoc on the city.  Plus, Spiderman was slow to respond to the scene since he was battling Sefolosha's partner, Dr. Octopus.

On a serious note, if their "training" told them to take the actions shown in the video, it's a wonder "suspects" aren't dying left and right (oh, wait they kinda are).  Imagine if Thabo had been known to have committed a violent crime or had actually been fighting them?  Can you imagine what would've happened?

Lastly, I also agree the sound was the baton being retracted.

Well, you know Thabo is a super human so, with the other 16 cops holding him, there was still a chance Thabo might've broken free and wreaked havoc on the city.  Plus, Spiderman was slow to respond to the scene since he was battling Sefolosha's partner, Dr. Octopus.

On a serious note, if their "training" told them to take the actions shown in the video, it's a wonder "suspects" aren't dying left and right (oh, wait they kinda are).  Imagine if Thabo had been known to have committed a violent crime or had actually been fighting them?  Can you imagine what would've happened?

Lastly, I also agree the sound was the baton being retracted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KIKUEjn3Z0

This happened last week. 

• Like 1

This happened last week. 

What's the big deal?  Looks like a typical gang initiation which is fitting since the police are the biggest gang in America.

I don't think they had enough officers there.  Dude may have morphed into the Incredible Hulk or something.  Funny how the horse just sits there like, "Man, I ain't moving or they're gonna jump on me too."

Really though, once he's given up and is in cuffs.  What's the need for the kick(s) to the head, crotch and midsection?  I realize they're mad because they had to chase him (I assume, didn't have sound up) but I don't see how that's "textbook" police work.  Sadly, the police report probably reads how the guy was "fighting", "resisting", etc. when all he probably did after getting the initial beating was express that he was in pain.

WTH.

Oh, that's just a typical @Dolfan23 Saturday afternoon pony ride.

• Premium Member

What's the big deal?  Looks like a typical gang initiation which is fitting since the police are the biggest gang in America.

I don't think they had enough officers there.  Dude may have morphed into the Incredible Hulk or something.  Funny how the horse just sits there like, "Man, I ain't moving or they're gonna jump on me too."

Really though, once he's given up and is in cuffs.  What's the need for the kick(s) to the head, crotch and midsection?  I realize they're mad because they had to chase him (I assume, didn't have sound up) but I don't see how that's "textbook" police work.  Sadly, the police report probably reads how the guy was "fighting", "resisting", etc. when all he probably did after getting the initial beating was express that he was in pain.

Oh, that's just a typical @Dolfan23 Saturday afternoon pony ride.

It's a joke.  What people don't realize is that there is probably less police brutality than ever, but now that we have smart phones and cameras everywhere this grimy shit is finally being brought to the surface in a way that can't be refuted.  Blue never turns against blue, so unless you have concrete proof or the FBI gets involved, you're SOL.

• Like 1

I'm still not convinced he didn't hit him with it. Even if it didn't, they still went far enough with the abuse to break his leg and that's way past crossing the line. 

• Like 1

It's a joke.  What people don't realize is that there is probably less police brutality than ever, but now that we have smart phones and cameras everywhere this grimy shit is finally being brought to the surface in a way that can't be refuted.  Blue never turns against blue, so unless you have concrete proof or the FBI gets involved, you're SOL.

You make a great point that overall police brutality is probably down.  However, I think smart phones are the primary reason why.

I'll re-state what I said before, I bet most cops set out to do a good, honorable job and are probably outraged when they see that horse video.  Sadly, if they were there they probably would've joined in on the beating for fear of being outed as a dissenter (typical gang mentality).

You make a great point that overall police brutality is probably down.  However, I think smart phones are the primary reason why.

I'll re-state what I said before, I bet most cops set out to do a good, honorable job and are probably outraged when they see that horse video.  Sadly, if they were there they probably would've joined in on the beating for fear of being outed as a dissenter (typical gang mentality).

A lot of this is because people love to post negative, hateful crap on the internet. How often do you see videos where cops do the right thing or a nice thing posted on YouTube? Not too often but you can bet it happens way more than anyone knows. It's like when non-sports fans generalize NBA/NFL players as thugs and punks and don't know a damned thing about all the good that the majority of players do outside of the game. 

A lot of this is because people love to post negative, hateful crap on the internet. How often do you see videos where cops do the right thing or a nice thing posted on YouTube? Not too often but you can bet it happens way more than anyone knows. It's like when non-sports fans generalize NBA/NFL players as thugs and punks and don't know a damned thing about all the good that the majority of players do outside of the game. 

You're absolutely right (bet you never thought you'd hear that from me).  The internet is often where miserable folks go to spread misery.  I freely acknowledge that cops are victims of this which is why, in between my anti-cop rants, I try to also point out that I think these issues aren't indicative of all cops.

The difference is it's their job to do the right thing.  They are expected to do the right thing and shouldn't be awarded a Scooby snack for doing what they are supposed to do.  There has been far too many of these instances recently and nothing is ever done about it.  The Tamir Rice killing was inexcusable. 

There was recently a case around 30 miles from my house where a methhead breaks in to a guys house and tries to steal his car.  The cops arrest the methhead and find meth on him.  The methhead tells them that he found the meth in the victims house.  What do the cops decide to do?  They decide to perform a no-knock warrant on the victims house in the middle of the night.  Having just been robbed, the victim is startled by loud noises in the middle of the night and walks in to the hallway with his gun by his side where the cops blast him in to outer space.  Will any of these men face punishment over the ridiculous execution of this innocent man?  Of course not.

The difference is it's their job to do the right thing. They are expected to do the right thing and shouldn't be awarded a Scooby snack for doing what they are supposed to do. There has been far too many of these instances recently and nothing is ever done about it. The Tamir Rice killing was inexcusable.

There was recently a case around 30 miles from my house where a methhead breaks in to a guys house and tries to steal his car. The cops arrest the methhead and find meth on him. The methhead tells them that he found the meth in the victims house. What do the cops decide to do? They decide to perform a no-knock warrant on the victims house in the middle of the night. Having just been robbed, the victim is startled by loud noises in the middle of the night and walks in to the hallway with his gun by his side where the cops blast him in to outer space. Will any of these men face punishment over the ridiculous execution of this innocent man? Of course not.

It's easy to look at this stuff in a vacuum and make judgements but until anyone here has been a cop (and put their lives on the line for barely more than minimum wage) it's kind of impossible to really know what you're talking about.

It's not their job to do the right thing either. It's their job to serve and protect. But I'm talking about the stories where these cops who can barely support their families do things outside of their jobs like buying groceries or toys with their money for people and children who need help. It's not often good stuff like that gets filmed and put on YouTube but it happens every day all over the country.

As to that particular case I'd say the same as all others, don't judge until all the facts come out. For all you know the guy may have been the one with the meth, he may have been a dealer and even if he wasn't he may have rushed into the hall to defend his family/house with his gun and the cops reacted to it and fired to save their lives, which is what they're trained to do. Doesn't make the situation right but they may have just been doing what they were trained to do. Impossible to know without all the facts though.

It's easy to look at this stuff in a vacuum and make judgements but until anyone here has been a cop (and put their lives on the line for barely more than minimum wage) it's kind of impossible to really know what you're talking about.

It's not their job to do the right thing either. It's their job to serve and protect. But I'm talking about the stories where these cops who can barely support their families do things outside of their jobs like buying groceries or toys with their money for people and children who need help. It's not often good stuff like that gets filmed and put on YouTube but it happens every day all over the country.

As to that particular case I'd say the same as all others, don't judge until all the facts come out. For all you know the guy may have been the one with the meth, he may have been a dealer and even if he wasn't he may have rushed into the hall to defend his family/house with his gun and the cops reacted to it and fired to save their lives, which is what they're trained to do. Doesn't make the situation right but they may have just been doing what they were trained to do. Impossible to know without all the facts though.

This happened a while ago and the facts have come out.  There was zero meth found in the victims house.

I fully support the statement that most cops are good.  I have friends and family that are cops and I have had mostly good experiences with cops in the few times that I have had to interact with them on the street.  I just don't understand how people are so willing to give them a pass when they royally fk up like in the case above.  Or in the South Carolina case.  Or the beatdown vid, Or Tamir Rice.  They aren't above the law or better than any of us and they should be punished when they commit crimes that we would be punished for.

Your attempt to justify their actions in the story I spoke about is crazy since they should have never been ordered to enter that house in the first place.  No knock warrants are more dangerous for everyone involved and should only be used in extreme circumstances.  It really gets stupid when you start performing no knock warrants in the middle of the night on the word of a thief and drug addict. 

Edited by JETSET

This happened a while ago and the facts have come out.  There was zero meth found in the victims house.

I fully support the statement that most cops are good.  I have friends and family that are cops and I have had mostly good experiences with cops in the few times that I have had to interact with them on the street.  I just don't understand how people are so willing to give them a pass when they royally fk up like in the case above.  Or in the South Carolina case.  Or the beatdown vid, Or Tamir Rice.  They aren't above the law or better than any of us and they should be punished when they commit crimes that we would be punished for.

Your attempt to justify their actions in the story I spoke about is crazy since they should have never been ordered to enter that house in the first place.  No knock warrants are more dangerous for everyone involved and should only be used in extreme circumstances.  It really gets stupid when you start performing no knock warrants in the middle of the night on the word of a thief and drug addict. 

I'm not sure if you're referring to me or being more general but I don't give them a pass when they've been found to be in the wrong. It doesn't matter if you're a law enforcement officer or not, if you break the law or as a cop if you abuse your badge then you should be tried criminally. 

I wasn't making an attempt to justify their actions in that story. As I said I hadn't heard of that case and was just playing devil's advocate. You said it was a recent case so how am I to know that all the facts have come out? Have they already had a trial? How long ago was recent? How do you personally know all the facts of the case so that you can speak about it and judge it on here? I would be very surprised if they only busted in that guys house in the middle of the night based on the word of a meth addict. 

I'm not sure if you're referring to me or being more general but I don't give them a pass when they've been found to be in the wrong. It doesn't matter if you're a law enforcement officer or not, if you break the law or as a cop if you abuse your badge then you should be tried criminally. 

I wasn't making an attempt to justify their actions in that story. As I said I hadn't heard of that case and was just playing devil's advocate. You said it was a recent case so how am I to know that all the facts have come out? Have they already had a trial? How long ago was recent? How do you personally know all the facts of the case so that you can speak about it and judge it on here? I would be very surprised if they only busted in that guys house in the middle of the night based on the word of a meth addict. 

I was speaking in general.

Here's a link to the story I am talking about.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-watch/wp/2014/10/06/meet-59-year-old-david-hooks-the-latest-drug-raid-fatality/

http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/local/dublin/2014/12/10/david-hooks-shot-twice-in-back/20213383/

The final two shots may have been fired when Hooks was already on the ground. 

Edited by JETSET

It's a joke. What people don't realize is that there is probably less police brutality than ever, but now that we have smart phones and cameras everywhere this grimy shit is finally being brought to the surface in a way that can't be refuted. Blue never turns against blue, so unless you have concrete proof or the FBI gets involved, you're SOL.

Not sure about the total number of cases of brutality but I do know for a fact America leads the rest of the world by FAR in deaths of civilians by police. Just like we lead the world BY FAR in inarceration rate. Among numerous other statistics

Not sure about the total number of cases of brutality but I do know for a fact America leads the rest of the world by FAR in deaths of civilians by police. Just like we lead the world BY FAR in inarceration rate. Among numerous other statistics

Do you care to reference any of this?

Do you care to reference any of this?

I don't think either number is really in dispute. The incareration percentage is a widely known fact.

However, the deaths by police per capita is a much more difficult number to pin down, namely because of the lack of comprehensive statistics that our government DOESN'T keep on such an important item. http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2014/09/08/how-many-police-shootings-a-year-no-one-knows/