• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Thabo & Pero Arrested; Thabo OUT FOR SEASON due to injuries

ersimo2889

Mmmmmmmmmmm.

So Pero's charges get dropped, but not Thabo's.

If his charges were dropped it would be a straight shot to civil court.

As light as the 'deal' is he would have to admit guilt and forgo suing - tricky, tricky, tricky - saw right through it.

Good Luck Thabo.

• Moderators

Mmmmmmmmmmm.

So Pero's charges get dropped, but not Thabo's.

If his charges were dropped it would be a straight shot to civil court.

As light as the 'deal' is he would have to admit guilt and forgo suing - tricky, tricky, tricky - saw right through it.

Good Luck Thabo.

I am sure they want the waiver and release from Thabo but I bet getting him to plead to anything was also meant to shut down the internal investigation and protect the cops from getting disciplined.  "He entered a guilty plea so let's just drop this investigation, am I right?"

• Like 2

I think it's great timing for Thabo that the NYPD roughed up former Black tennis player James Blake yesterday ... unnecessarily ... in a case of ( drumroll ) ... mistaken identity. Even the NYPD Commissioner has apologized to Blake for what his cops did.

shok.gif Really, I've been following the USA Open and I missed this.  Wow.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more-sports/ex-tennis-star-james-blake-mistakenly-tackled-white-cops-article-1.2353983

Talk about excessive.  Wow!!!

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Yeah, the NYPD declared open season on us light-skinned bruthas.  I wonder if they have a deck of cards like the military has for all the terrorists.  Thabo was the Jack of Clubs.  Blake was probably a 7 of Diamonds.

I passed through NY a few months ago so I'm glad I got out unscathed.

The James Blake story is, uhh... well strange. All kinds of heebie jeebies just thinking about that.

Very funny that our h8ers in this thread have gone radio silent. Just nothing. Remember the vitriol towards Thabo/Pero for going out late? Yet no one knew the details of said event? And now that we realize that, oh shit the NYPD attacked our players in an unprovoked manner well gee guess what the Hawks had bad luck.

But my oh my, where are our moral compasses to tell us that Thabo and Pero set themselves up for failure? And are horrible people?? LET'S CUT THEIR ASSES!!! {/sarcasm}

(see folks, this is why you should never jump to conclusions.)

• Moderators

The James Blake story is, uhh... well strange. All kinds of heebie jeebies just thinking about that.

Very funny that our h8ers in this thread have gone radio silent. Just nothing. Remember the vitriol towards Thabo/Pero for going out late? Yet no one knew the details of said event? And now that we realize that, oh shit the NYPD attacked our players in an unprovoked manner well gee guess what the Hawks had bad luck.

But my oh my, where are our moral compasses to tell us that Thabo and Pero set themselves up for failure? And are horrible people?? LET'S CUT THEIR ASSES!!! {/sarcasm}

(see folks, this is why you should never jump to conclusions.)

I still think being out late was stupid.  First, it is game day so being out at 2:00 a.m. isn't a good idea.  Party on your off days or better yet party in the offseason.  

Second, the risks are materially greater at 2:00 a.m.  You've got a bunch of drunk / high people at clubs, bars, etc. which are more risky and you've got much higher risk from bouncers and inexperienced cops dealing with more violent crime at that time (the experienced ones typically work the day shift by virtue of their seniority).  

Thabo did nothing wrong that would justify the way he was manhandled by the NYPD.  I'm rooting for Thabo to take those guys to the cleaners but I don't think the Hawks will have any remedy.

Edited by AHF

I still think being out late was stupid.  First, it is game day so being out at 2:00 a.m. isn't a good idea.  Party on your off days or better yet party in the offseason.  

Second, the risks are materially greater at 2:00 a.m.  You've got a bunch of drunk / high people at clubs, bars, etc. which are more risky and you've got much higher risk from bouncers and inexperienced cops dealing with more violent crime at that time (the experienced ones typically work the day shift by virtue of their seniority).  

Thabo did nothing wrong that would justify the way he was manhandled by the NYPD.  I'm rooting for Thabo to take those guys to the cleaners but I don't think the Hawks will have any remedy.

You have any data to back up your claims or is this you talking out of your ass again?

I'm not a fan of imposing a moral judgement others. I'll leave it at that.

You have any data to back up your claims or is this you talking out of your ass again?

C'mon, you know you're not leaving it at that.  Who you think you're foolin'?

C'mon, you know you're not leaving it at that.  Who you think you're foolin'?

I'LL LEAVE IT AT THAT!

Don't make me turn this forum around and go right home! I'll do it! Don't think I won't!

(Total bluff. We all go to Disney world and spend way too much money on cotton candy. But it was a fun trip.)

• Moderators

Sorry.  I'll research with all the drunk people at noon today when I say high to the bouncer over lunch.  Because you know bouncers aren't employed due to more risk of violence, they are just there because club owners like to piss money away on unnecessary window decorations.  And the most senior police officers clearly choose the night shift.  My bad.

I'll get back to you on the hard data on this very complicated and controversial issue.  magnifier.gif

Sorry.  I'll research with all the drunk people at noon today when I say high to the bouncer over lunch.  Because you know bouncers aren't employed due to more risk of violence, they are just there because club owners like to piss money away on unnecessary window decorations.  And the most senior police officers clearly choose the night shift.  My bad.

I'll get back to you on the hard data on this very complicated and controversial issue.  :magnifier:

Thanks ace.

I'll look forward to the report on how Thabo took such a material risk by going to a club. This was his first time doing so too, right? Because oh my this is such a risk to be randomly assaulted by the NYPD just like that asshole James Blake. Such thugs. Going to those clubs just asking to be assaulted and such.

Ace+Ventura+assholo+mio.gif

• Moderators

Thanks ace.

I'll look forward to the report on how Thabo took such a material risk by going to a club. This was his first time doing so too, right? Because oh my this is such a risk to be randomly assaulted by the NYPD just like that asshole James Blake. Such thugs. Going to those clubs just asking to be assaulted and such.

Ace+Ventura+assholo+mio.gif

So explain why there are bouncers at clubs but not at restaurants.  I'm waiting.

Edited by AHF

So explain why there are bouncers at clubs but not at restaurants.  I'm waiting.

You can document that in your report of actual evidence on the material danger involved in Thabo's activities. I look forward to seeing this, should be riveting.

• Moderators

You can document that in your report of actual evidence on the material danger involved in Thabo's activities. I look forward to seeing this, should be riveting.

Ignore common sense if you want.  Act like being in places where there are drunks and druggies to an extent that a business actually pays to have muscle to break up fights -- places like the one where Tony Parker was a fraction of an inch from career ending blindness, where Copeland was stabbed, where Paul Pierce was stabbed, etc. -- is the same as a tea party with your daughter.  

Plus, I notice you always ignore the issue of being out in the early morning hours on a game day negatively impacting performance.  I hope you don't need me to drag out research on the impact that drinking until 3 a.m. has compared to a good night of sleep.  (And why NBA teams are investing serious money in monitoring sleep in their athletes.  Perhaps you think that is immaterial window dressing like you think bouncers are for clubs.)

I can only lead a horse to water.  Can't make a sun_bespectacled.gif drink!

Edited by AHF

So @AHF let me know where you got the information that Thabo and Pero were drunk because that's news to me.

Keep talking out of your ass and imposing some sort of moral view on this issue. You know, instead of victim blaming you could look at this as an unlucky event.

And I don't comment on things I have no knowledge on, which is why I "ignore the issue of being out in the early morning hours on a game day negatively impacting performance." Frankly, I have no idea what an NBA player's schedule even looks like. The behavior could be typical and even preferred to not go to sleep until late because oh my heck they don't perform their job until 7 freaking PM anyway. It could be poor behavior. I literally do not know. Somehow, you do know?

• Moderators

I didn't say they were drunk. I don't know about that. What I am pretty certain about is they were surrounded by people under the influence at that hour.

Unless you want to ignore all common sense, it isn't that tough to assess. Drunk people are more prone to accidents and violence which is why the bouncers are there. Dealing with drunks, drugees, etc. on the night shift leaves many bouncers, police, etc. more inclined to assume the worst of people at that hour and the police are your less experienced crew on top of that. I'm not exactly bar hopping every night but you'd almost have to go out of your way not to get exposed to this stuff by the time you are out of your 20s.

Edited by AHF