• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thabo & Pero Arrested; Thabo OUT FOR SEASON due to injuries

ersimo2889

This sounds like nothing serious. Cops be coppin. idk what time they have to report the next morning to work/practice. I'm more worried about the questions they will be asked if they are married/in a relationship. Clubbin is fine but you gotta be hittin it pretty hard to be there at 4AM. And I'm not clubbin with the fellas for that long.

Edited by BackForThe2ndTime

• Moderators

At the risk of over-judging the Copelands (I really need to follow Supes' sound advice):

(1) Don't go out to pricey nightclubs loaded with pretentious patrons in the middle of the night.

(2) If you MUST violate (1), don't bring your spouse or significant other with you.

(3) If you MUST violate (2), don't create a spectacle by getting into a boisterous argument. Take that ish back to the hotel.

(4) If you MUST violate (3), don't look like a 6-foot-9 guy with money.

~lw3

• Like 3

At the risk of over-judging the Copelands (I really need to follow Supes' sound advice):

(1) Don't go out to pricey nightclubs loaded with pretentious patrons in the middle of the night.

(2) If you MUST violate (1), don't bring your spouse or significant other with you.

(3) If you MUST violate (2), don't create a spectacle by getting into a boisterous argument. Take that ish back to the hotel.

(4) If you MUST violate (3), don't look like a 6-foot-9 guy with money.

~lw3

Whoa, slow down.  I gotta write this ish down.

• Moderators

The New Yorker's profile description of 1OAK in Chelsea, which now has copycat outlets in Vegas, Mexico City, and Southampton, Long Island. 

http://nymag.com/listings/bar/1-oak/

After passing through a coat-check anteroom where lines of cursive are engraved in the wall, patrons find themselves in an expansive room with a ceiling of raw oak slats and a zigzagging black-and-white floor that sets an El Morocco tone. The room is divided by a central black lacquered bar doling out $20 mixed drinks, and, in one corner, a VIP-type area with a roaring fireplace and giant artwork by Roy Nachum (designer of Southern Hospitality and Saucy) of a sexy nude flanked by buffalo. Beyond that area is a cruise-y outdoor smoking lounge partially enclosed by mirrored walls. Ostrich-leather banquettes line underlit brick walls covered by metallic gold curtains, offsetting a bizarre centerpiece—another large artwork of a young blindfolded boy with two horses. In the front of the room there’s a D.J. podium outfitted with what looks and sounds like a very pricey sound system and in the back, risers for those happy to sit without silver Dom Pérignon buckets in front of them.

stefon.jpg

All in all, a great place to argue with your wife at 4 in the morning!

~lw3

• Like 2

I have never been so angered and disappointed in my life. Here we are, on the verge of the most promising post season in decades and ITS RUINED. This will hang over this team like a black cloud, I would not be surprised if we get swept in the first round...sorry I thought a little sarcastic faux outrage was in order as I know the thumb-twiddling self-righteous posters will be in full effect today.

• Like 4

I have never been so angered and disappointed in my life. Here we are, on the verge of the most promising post season in decades and ITS RUINED. This will hang over this team like a black cloud, I would not be surprised if we get swept in the first round...sorry I thought a little sarcastic faux outrage was in order as I know the thumb-twiddling self-righteous posters will be in full effect today.

This is the most outraged a bleachkit has been since being used on Michael Jackson's face and @kg01's kg02!

RUINED? Once again, let's wait till the facts come out. For all we know, we could see Pero and Thabo playing with nothing but a fine at the most depending on the details at the event. Remember, this is an upscale establishment and they want as much good tenure as possible with professional athletes. We don't know nothing at this. Just barely one side, we don't even know where Chris was stabbed or what for? 

• Moderators

Regarding Pero's "menacing" charge, from some NYC lawyer's blog:

http://newyorkcriminaldefenseblawg.com/2011/11/the-law-of-menacing-in-new-york/

The basic charge is Menacing in the third degree (Penal Law section 120.15) is defined as follows:

A person is guilty of menacing in the third degree when, by physical menace, he or she intentionally places or attempts to place another person in fear of death, imminent serious physical injury or physical injury.  Menacing in the third degree is a class B misdemeanor...

Interestingly, the law was passed in 1994 and put into effect in 1995, to close what the legislature perceived to be a loophole in the anti-domestic violence laws and was passed as part of the “family protection and domestic violence intervention act of 1994.”  The law has been applied, however, to a variety of situations, not just those involving domestic violence or incidents between people who have had intimate access in the past, i.e. the ex-boyfriend/ex-girlfriend scenario.  For example, in Matter of Jason R. G., 23 A.D.3d 656 (2d Dep’t 2005), a person was prosecuted for chasing and threatening another person on the street with a knife.  In People v. Silva, 178 Misc.2d 538 (Bx. Co. Ct. 1998), a Bronx conviction was upheld where the defendant had threatened a police officer while touching his waistband after a drug-related conversation.

~lw3

• Like 1

Man you got me.  I got halfway through the 2nd sentence and was like, "This mfer has lost his mind."

Speaking of thumb-twiddling, self-righteous posters .... @Dolfan23 makes an appearance.  Yay?

RUINED? Once again, let's wait till the facts come out. For all we know, we could see Pero and Thabo playing with nothing but a fine at the most depending on the details at the event. Remember, this is an upscale establishment and they want as much good tenure as possible with professional athletes. We don't know nothing at this. Just barely one side, we don't even know where Chris was stabbed or what for? 

Hold still.  I'll take the hook outta your cheek.

• Moderators

GOT HEEM! lol

@bleachkit had me too, for a minute! SO glad I finished reading!

~lw3

• Like 2

Man you got me. I got halfway through the 2nd sentence and was like, "This mfer has lost his mind."

Speaking of thumb-twiddling, self-righteous posters .... @Dolfan23 makes an appearance. Yay?

Hold still. I'll take the hook outta your cheek.

Just like Paul Blart you've had plenty of time to work on your comedy and this is the best we get? Two thumbs down with a twist and a snap!

I have never been to a club in my life (doesn't interest me) but why in the hell would you take your wife to the club anyway? The hawks have resorted to thuggery. LOL!!

Athletes like clubs. They get a lot of free stuff just by their appearance and they live a fast success driven life. You can't compare your world to theirs on that level. Now if you want to ask why they are going off on a B2B and up to 4AM, that's a completely different question. 

• Like 1

@bleachkit Almost son, almost. I thought you lost your ever loving mind. Glsd I read the whole.thing.

He got you @nbasuperstar40retired.

Has anyone heard from @MaceCase? He was itching to go to the club last night for some reason. Kept talking about it in the chat how he had bidnizz to take care of.

I heard he met @kg01's sister there and then he really had an itch as well as a burning sensation when he kg01'd.

Man I need to self ban myself again after this topic...

• Like 1