• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thabo & Pero Arrested; Thabo OUT FOR SEASON due to injuries

ersimo2889

Just like Paul Blart you've had plenty of time to work on your comedy and this is the best we get? Two thumbs down with a twist and a snap!

I don't pick on special needs posters.

Has anyone heard from @MaceCase? He was itching to go to the club last night for some reason. Kept talking about it in the chat how he had bidnizz to take care of.

@MaceCase always seemed a little demented.  Doesn't surprise me at all.  Stabbing dudes and their wives seems a really Big East-y thing to do.

I heard he met @kg01's sister there and then he really had an itch as well as a burning sensation when he kg01'd.

Man I need to self ban myself again after this topic...

Don't they say you can go blind from that?

Agree with the self-ban though.  Site really has been pretty amazing the last few weeks. king.gif

• Moderators

Can we go ahead and make TMZ a public utility?

Those crime scene pics make it pretty clear this indeed happened VERY early in the morning! Almost can't call it nighttime!

Outside the club, Chris' wife told the media, "We were attacked out of nowhere by a f*cking black civilian."

She continued, "We have nothing to say. We are scared for our lives."

"Okay, slow down, Ma'am. How do you know the civilian was f*cking?" 

~lw3

• Like 2

• Moderators

Up Next, on "As The Pacers Turn"...

~lw3

Those crime scene pics make it pretty clear this indeed happened VERY early in the morning! Almost can't call it nighttime!

~lw3

Chris smiled when dude mentioned the fight and and was about to co-sign then his wife friend covered his month with the quickness. She seemed to be Persian to me. 

Edited by nbasupes40retired

~lw3

Civilian?? Come on man now we have scrub NBA players wives acting like they're above the general population or they're military / government officials?

Civilian?? Come on man now we have scrub NBA players wives acting like they're above the general population or they're military / government officials?

He didn't say that, the girl did. All he said was "yeah n***a" in response to the brotha with the camera talking about the fight before she covered his mouth. 

Man those cops were probably being overzealous. You get a bunch of high profile athletes outside of an upscale establishment with beautiful women and you get the perfect recipe for a male cop to become jealous, sensitive, and insecure. Thabo and Peros character doesn't even fit that charge, unless they were clearly upset about witnessing a NBA friend and his wife get almost stabbed to death. NYPDs full of clowns. I'm pretty sure nothing will be done by the Hawks or the League in this matter.

• Moderators

Heard on the radio the charge is 'Obstructing of Governmental Agency' which is typically a citation. Can someone with knowledge respond.

http://www.new-york-lawyers.org/obstructing-governmental-administration.html

Here's another set of legal beagles with a blogpost on that charge (presumably Thabo's):

Often times charged along with or in lieu of Resisting Arrest (New York Penal Law 205.30), Obstruction of Governmental Administration in the Second Degree (New York Penal Law 195.05) is a distinct crime with its own elements. An "A" misdemeanor, Obstruction of Governmental Administration is punishable by up to a year in jail. For defendants arrested in New York City (Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, the Bronx and Staten Island), this sentence will be served on the infamous Rikers Island.

Generally, If you impair or obstruct the administration of law or prevent a public servant (often a police officer) from performing his or her official duty and function, then you have committed this crime. However, the other crucial element is that this intentional obstruction be done through intimidation, interference, physical force or an independently unlawful act.

An easy way to visualize a violation of Obstructing Governmental Administration while also contrasting it with Resisting Arrest is as follows:

NY PL 195.05 - The police are attempting to arrest your friend. You intentionally stand in front of the police. You are advised to move, but you block the police from arresting your friend each time they try to get closer and arrest him.

NY PL 205.30- The police are attempting to arrest you. You refuse to put your hands behind your back to be handcuffed. You swing your arms and hold them tight against your body. Ultimately, force must be used to get you to comply.

The above hypotheticals are very vague and there are other elements that would be relevant (for example, is the arrest authorized?). Obviously, if you are charged with NY PL 195.05, you should consult with an experienced New York criminal defense attorney to not only minimize the criminal ramifications of your arrest, but the potential collateral ones to your career as well.

IANAL, but I do wonder how much this charge will fly given the alleged perp (Thabo) was concerned about the stabbing victims, and not trying to defend the alleged assailant.

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

He didn't say that, the girl did. All he said was "yeah n***a" in response to the brotha with the camera talking about the fight before she covered his mouth.

Read man, read...NBA scrub WIFE. Edited by JayBirdHawk

Man those cops were probably being overzealous. You get a bunch of high profile athletes outside of an upscale establishment with beautiful women and you get the perfect recipe for a male cop to become jealous, sensitive, and insecure. Thabo and Peros character doesn't even fit that charge, unless they were clearly upset about witnessing a NBA friend and his wife get almost stabbed to death. NYPDs full of clowns. I'm pretty sure nothing will be done by the Hawks or the League in this matter.

I know we have had our disagreements about this type of thing but don't you think you're grossly generalizing what's probably the best police department in the world? And kind of jumping to conclusions that they're sensitive and jealous? If you think cops have any trouble getting a bunch of hot women you haven't spent much time around any as there are tons of badge bunnies who'd keep them warm any night they wanted. As someone mentioned earlier why not let the facts come out before rushing to judgment? It's not like Pero and Thabo were at church here, they flew into NY and instead of going to bed before an important game they hit up a club and were very likely drinking. I have faith our guys weren't being stupid but when you put yourself in a bad situation bad things can happen.

• Moderators

http://www.peachtreehoops.com/2015/4/8/8369535/1428501974

Per the New York Times, Thabo Sefolosha "charged at an officer," and Pero Antić "physically grabbed another police officer" during the course of the incident in New York.

Puhleeze! They don't even charge at Joey Crawford!

~lw3

• Like 4

If they charge at Lebron in a ballgame, they'd be in more trouble than they are right now.

I really hope that the victims of this incident are okay and justice is served to the guy responsible. As for our two guys, Bud will probably have them write 200 times on notebook paper...

'I will not appear at nightclubs after 2 in the morning. I will not appear at nightclubs after 2 in the morning. I will not appear at nightclubs after 2 in the morning. I will not app...'

• Like 1