• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Who will be the Nets MVP

Thad Young- He always seems to play well against the Hawks.
If not Young ,then i think it will be Bogdanovic.

I think we will double Lopez as much as possible on defense and on offense we will have Horford , Moose and Pero
shoot deep 2s and 3s. That  may force the Nets to use a smaller line up , if Lopez is not contesting those shots.

We like to joke about "playoff Joe" after some of his struggles in Atlanta, but he was actually a beast last year in the playoffs. He'll easily be their MVP if he plays at that level again. And the series will be more exciting than it needs to be. I'm axniously waiting to see the defensive intensity the Hawks come out with in game one to hopefully avoid Joe (or Deron) getting on a roll early.

I think Jack will be their most consistent player.

On another note: Mirza Teletovic is cleared for play, might be available from G3.

Ya Jarrett Jerk might go off on us. Crap Mirza is back already? Wtf.

• Moderators

Jack and Young looked the best to me in game #1.   Lopez is going to get a bunch of rebounds and put backs.  He's huge.   He doesn't hurt us in other ways so that's fine.   Joe was just Joe.   He's going to hit some floaters but he had a crappy game. 

Jack and Young looked the best to me in game #1.   Lopez is going to get a bunch of rebounds and put backs.  He's huge.   He doesn't hurt us in other ways so that's fine.   Joe was just Joe.   He's going to hit some floaters but he had a crappy game.

JJ had a bad shooting game, thank goodness. But he actually controlled the game very well. Passed out of double teams and found his teammates. He's not shooting 0 - 6 from 3 in this series again.

On the flip side, how Lopez only got 7 FGA is unbelievable. Even if they want to run offense through JJ, they have to get Lopez more shot attempts.

I seriously hope that the Nets don't start feeding Lopez 15+ shots and continue to let Deron and company chuck away. Brook looks as if he can get whatever he wants in the paint.

Their other JJ (Jarrett Jack) scares me more than their starting JJ. He is mediocre against everyone else but always plays the Hawks as if there is a 12-foot wide basket...

I seriously hope that the Nets don't start feeding Lopez 15+ shots and continue to let Deron and company chuck away. Brook looks as if he can get whatever he wants in the paint.

Their other JJ (Jarrett Jack) scares me more than their starting JJ. He is mediocre against everyone else but always plays the Hawks as if there is a 12-foot wide basket...

Jack's shooting was offset by all those turnovers. He and Dennis basically cancelled each other out, by scoring well, but turning the ball over a ton.

I know but there's something about Jack that concerns me a bit. He has a little of that Charlie Hayes/Lloyd McLendon in the playoffs-virus in him. You know, plays mediocre against everyone else, only to turn into HOFers against the local team...

• Moderators

JJ had a bad shooting game, thank goodness. But he actually controlled the game very well. Passed out of double teams and found his teammates. He's not shooting 0 - 6 from 3 in this series again.

On the flip side, how Lopez only got 7 FGA is unbelievable. Even if they want to run offense through JJ, they have to get Lopez more shot attempts.

But they never do.   Why they weren't going to Lopez i have no idea but there is so much that is dysfunctional about that team.   Joe shot 0-6 from 3 mostly because they weren't good looks.   And then it was just embarrasing how they couldn't even get a 3 off at the end.   Joe holds the ball for like 5 seconds because we'd shut down the 3 point line.   

I think Bud's thing is to shut Joe down at the 3 point line.   Sure he may get into the paint and shoot a floater or fade away but he'll take 15 seconds to do it and keep they're offense from getting any rhythm.   

• Like 1

But they never do.   Why they weren't going to Lopez i have no idea but there is so much that is dysfunctional about that team.   Joe shot 0-6 from 3 mostly because they weren't good looks.   And then it was just embarrasing how they couldn't even get a 3 off at the end.   Joe holds the ball for like 5 seconds because we'd shut down the 3 point line.   

I think Bud's thing is to shut Joe down at the 3 point line.   Sure he may get into the paint and shoot a floater or fade away but he'll take 15 seconds to do it and keep they're offense from getting any rhythm.   

That's a good strategy too.  Make him drive to make him use more energy.  If he starts to get going from 3, that could be a problem for us.

The plan looks like to shut off the Pick and Roll involving the PG and Lopez, and to keep JJ from completely going off.  That means that it may be up to Deron Williams to save them.

• Like 1