• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Game 1 thoughts

Alex

• Moderators

The saddest thing about the booing, is that he's going to be more appreciated in Phoenix and Brooklyn, than he'll be in Atlanta, when he retires.

I doubt it.  He will just be forgotten in those cities.  He will have absolutely no legacy and will be overshadowed by other things (Nash & Stat; Russian owner and King's destruction of the team).  Here he will be remembered.  I think people are going at him because they cared about him and now he is on the opposing team.  Even if it was a trade there is a bit of "ex" to the relationship that brings the booing because people still are attached.  When he is done, people in Phoenix and Brooklyn will have to scratch their heads to remember him.

• Premium Member

No booing on Wednesday.  Anyone caught booing will have to answer to me.  

Same goes for the silly "A.T.L." chant.  

In my section there were 3 guys who chanted M-V-P whenever ANY hawks went to the free throw line.   I guess it was a joke or something but i wasn't getting it.   But like others said, glad we've got an arena full of hawks fans no matter how random (or drunk) they may be.   Now if only 8,000 of us weren't trapped in the upper deck with only two slow escalators to get us to safety.  But i digress. 

I discovered on Sunday that there's actually a stairwell next to the escalator. I've never seen it open before, but it was nice cruising down the stairs and getting outside immediately at the bottom. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

I discovered on Sunday that there's actually a stairwell next to the escalator. I've never seen it open before, but it was nice cruising down the stairs and getting outside immediately at the bottom. 

Yeah i thought i saw that too but swept up in the lava flow to the escalator.   

• Moderators

So I guess this was posted already but i didn't see it.   We should have gotten these cool shirts except for one problem.

b9d0d230-e7b3-11e4-b28c-a3acb8ad1c8a_Som'

They left Jeff Teague's name off.  So they put them all out on the seats and then pulled them and we got car flags instead.  Sorry if this was already posted.   

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/the-hawks-pulled-their-game-1-giveaway-t-shirts-because-they-didn-t-have-jeff-teague-s-name-232241181.html

• Like 1

I agree. Which makes the booing so curious. That comment was made 5 years ago. And JJ played in Atlanta for 2 more years after he made that comment. And JJ never asked to be traded. He got pushed out by the new regime.

Yup. I don't think he deserves the booing at all. BUT...its playoff time and anyone not wearing a Hawks uni needs to be booed. I will always love Joe and Zaza...(sorry Smoove but anytime I think of you, I cringe)

So I guess this was posted already but i didn't see it.   We should have gotten these cool shirts except for one problem.

They left Jeff Teague's name off.  So they put them all out on the seats and then pulled them and we got car flags instead.  Sorry if this was already posted.   

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/the-hawks-pulled-their-game-1-giveaway-t-shirts-because-they-didn-t-have-jeff-teague-s-name-232241181.html

Damn! Someone posted Jessica Taylor's tweet about those shirts, but then she took it down soon after. I thought maybe it was just supposed to be a secret or something and was disappointed when they weren't there. Makes sense now. What a blunder.

So I guess this was posted already but i didn't see it. We should have gotten these cool shirts except for one problem.

They left Jeff Teague's name off. So they put them all out on the seats and then pulled them and we got car flags instead. Sorry if this was already posted.

Sweet tshirt!!!

They do not do it the entire game so I'm not sure hat you mean - they do it jyst as you pointed out on bad/borderline calls.

Our crowd didn't do it the whole game either. They may not have been justified but they weren't over-the-top moreso than any other crowd IMHO.

You might be right and to be honest I am probably seeming more perturbed than I actually am. But there were multiple times this occurred and I had no clue what the crowd was referencing. And this wasn't the first time this season that this was the case for me. That's all I'm saying.

The Nets will have Teletovic for game 2. The Hawks will need to be ready defensively as this will add another shooter to the Net's lineup.

Who hasn't played in 3 months. Expect little.

I booed JJ everytime he touched the ball loudly, proudly and drunkly...and you know what...It felt awesome.  What was even more awesome, were the other thousands of people doing it with me, and even awesome(er) than that is his 0-6 from three, which I like to think the booing contributed to.  So, I say boo on my friends, boo on.