• Moderators

Congrats to South Gwinnett's Finest!

~lw3

• Like 1

• Moderators

~lw3

• Like 1

• Moderators

I see you, Schro! Dennis got himself a third-place vote as well!

http://www.nba.com/2015/news/04/20/lou-williams-wins-2014-14-kia-sixth-man-award/

The Toronto Raptors' Lou Williams, who averaged a career-high 15.5 points this season and helped Toronto win a franchise-record 49 games, is the winner of the 2014-15 Kia NBA Sixth Man Award as the league's best player in a reserve role, the NBA announced today. The 6-1 guard becomes the first Raptors player to earn the honor.

Williams, in his 10th NBA season and first with the Raptors, amassed 78 first-place votes and 502 total points from a panel of 130 sportswriters and broadcasters throughout the United States and Canada. Isaiah Thomas of the Boston Celtics finished second with 324 points (33 first-place votes), and two-time winner Jamal Crawford of the Los Angeles Clippers was third with 131 points (eight first-place votes)...

Williams came off the bench in all 80 of his appearances and averaged 25.2 minutes. He led or tied for the team lead in scoring 18 times, second most in the league for a reserve, and the Raptors went 14-4 in those games. The 28-year-old also led the Raptors in free throw percentage (86.1) and made a career-high 152 three-pointers, nearly double his previous high of 88 set with the 76ers in 2010-11. On March 4, Williams set a Toronto record for points in a quarter with 21 in the fourth period against the Cleveland Cavaliers.

~lw3

Congrats Lou and couldn't be happier that u r on a different team

Lol. I could see Cap getting into a fight with a smaller 2 guard. Just swinging at him while yelling..I HATE SMALL BACKCOURTS...lol

Can't stand Isaiah Thomas ol' hatin' a**.

“It’s alright,” Thomas said when asked about not winning the award. “Congrats to Lou Will. I can’t say too much about it. All I can say is numbers don’t lie. Congrats to him; he deserves it.”

That's why they ran your punka** outta PHX after half a year.  It's 6th man of the year, not 6th man of the last coupla months.

• Admin

To be honest, this is the Lou we thought we were getting but never got. I think shipping him out of his home town lit a spark in him.

it was the same lou ... Scored a lot ... Bad shot selection ... Doesn't defend ... ISO game

Can't stand Isaiah Thomas ol' hatin' a**.

That's why they ran your punka** outta PHX after half a year.  It's 6th man of the year, not 6th man of the last coupla months.

That dude can ball though, and maybe the biggest reason why the Celtics played so we'll in the 2nd half of the year and made the playoffs.

• Moderators

To be honest, this is the Lou we thought we were getting but never got. I think shipping him out of his home town lit a spark in him.

We would have seen him if he hadn't gotten injured.  This season was almost the same as his last season before joining us.  He played a pretty good half season for us and then got hurt.  We then saw an injury recovery season and gave him away for nothing when he was healthy.  While I'm happy to see Dennis and Thabo with those minutes, we definitely did not optimize our return on him.  Toronto used us in that trade like we used Chicago in the trade for Korver.