• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

NYT > An Architect of Hawks’ Success, in Purgatory as Playoffs Begin

sturt

• Premium Member

Nothing to see here my ass the future of the franchise rides on whether Ferry says to hell with the Hawks and goes back to San Antonio and waits for Budenholzer to join him after Pop retires.

I agree, the Ferry and Bud connection is something a lot of people seem to ignore or forget. Bud only came here to coach because he wanted to work with Ferry.

I agree, the Ferry and Bud connection is something a lot of people seem to ignore or forget. Bud only came here to coach because he wanted to work with Ferry.

No he didn't.  He came here because he wanted to be a head coach of a team that wasn't in a total rebuilding situation.  Out of all of the jobs available that summer, the Hawks job was one of the best ones, because we already had at least a lower level playoff team.

Ya'll talk like Bud and the "exiled one" have been buddies for decades.  They worked together for a total of 2 years, before Ferry took the Hawks GM job.  People forget that it was actually Quin Snyder ( who is doing well in Utah ), that was Ferry's initial 1st choice.

• Like 1

No he didn't. He came here because he wanted to be a head coach of a team that wasn't in a total rebuilding situation. Out of all of the jobs available that summer, the Hawks job was one of the best ones, because we already had at least a lower level playoff team.

Ya'll talk like Bud and the "exiled one" have been buddies for decades. They worked together for a total of 2 years, before Ferry took the Hawks GM job. People forget that it was actually Quin Snyder ( who is doing well in Utah ), that was Ferry's initial 1st choice.

1. We had 3 players under contract - Al, Lou and Jenkins

2. Ferry also played for Coach Bud, so he's had a relatinship with him for a long time.

3. Show me where Quin was 1st choice. He was the fall back if Bud declined

4. Don't take my word for it, read the many Bud articles on why he's here.

5. No Ferry, No Bud

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

No he didn't. He came here because he wanted to be a head coach of a team that wasn't in a total rebuilding situation. Out of all of the jobs available that summer, the Hawks job was one of the best ones, because we already had at least a lower level playoff team.

Ya'll talk like Bud and the "exiled one" have been buddies for decades. They worked together for a total of 2 years, before Ferry took the Hawks GM job. People forget that it was actually Quin Snyder ( who is doing well in Utah ), that was Ferry's initial 1st choice.

Quin was one of the first names brought up, it wasn't his first choice. He wound up being part of our coaching staff. It's not like Ferry missed out on him and settled for Bud...

JayBird pretty much said it all but I think we were still rebuilding, albeit not a situation like the 76ers. Ferry wouldn't have gone to a team like that in the first place. Ferry came here, did a lot of cleaning up and gave us some flexibility by getting rid of bad contracts.

Bud said during his first press conference that he had been approached before about coaching but was waiting for the right time. Even if he wasn't working with Ferry every single year that doesn't mean they didn't have a solid relationship. I'm sure both guys have similar ideas in what they want and expect out of a team.

• Like 1