• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

love hurts

I should have said *was* a better 3rd option.

I don't think Love has been very valuable to the Cavs this season. That's the point.

He was actually making a tremendous difference in the Celtics series.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/loveke01/on-off/2015/

Their offense was below average with Love off the court and elite with him on the court. 

• Premium Member

He was actually making a tremendous difference in the Celtics series.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/l/loveke01/on-off/2015/

Their offense was below average with Love off the court and elite with him on the court. 

Anyone could see this if they actually watched the series.  Kevin Love is essential in that he can space the floor AND rebound, a rare combination of talents that Cleveland really needs.  With JR Smith out for possibly a number of games and Kevin Love out, Cleveland is going to STRUGGLE to space the floor, which will make scoring tough, especially against a huge front court like Gasol/Noah.  

Who's going to guard the 4 now?  Lebron?  He's going to be EXHAUSTED guarding Pau Gasol.  Perkins?  He clogs the lane on offense without the ability to contribute on that end.  TT is really only good at offensive rebounding, AKA he clogs the paint.  

Cleveland should be scared about the Chicago series right about now.  If JR Smith gets 5 games like many predict, it might be too late by the time he comes back.  

Anyone could see this if they actually watched the series.  Kevin Love is essential in that he can space the floor AND rebound, a rare combination of talents that Cleveland really needs.  With JR Smith out for possibly a number of games and Kevin Love out, Cleveland is going to STRUGGLE to space the floor, which will make scoring tough, especially against a huge front court like Gasol/Noah.  

Who's going to guard the 4 now?  Lebron?  He's going to be EXHAUSTED guarding Pau Gasol.  Perkins?  He clogs the lane on offense without the ability to contribute on that end.  TT is really only good at offensive rebounding, AKA he clogs the paint.  

Cleveland should be scared about the Chicago series right about now.  If JR Smith gets 5 games like many predict, it might be too late by the time he comes back.  

I'm eager to see what Silver does with Smith.  I say anything under 3 games is a disgrace and clear favoritism towards Cleveland.

I'm eager to see what Silver does with Smith.  I say anything under 3 games is a disgrace and clear favoritism towards Cleveland.

Artest got 7 for elbowing Harden and he was claiming it was inadvertent.  JR Smith is a repeat offender and his was clearly purposeful and a closed fist.  I'd say they should be working from a 7-game baseline at worst.  As you said, anything less and my tinfoil hat is on.

Whats with these sissy injuries, getting star athletes in the prime of their lives, during the last and most important bit of the season getting these lenghty breaks?

I told about me having a broken toe and not even noticing it(adrenaline - yes it hurt a bit) for 5 hours of soccer practice, and coming back practicing kicking a few days later. Well I also seen many such shoulder popping out injuries, including an instance where one guy who popped someones shoulder out, locked it back in by himself on the guy he did it to. After some painful smirks on the sideline, he went right on playing.

And I always thought Europeans and their sports are the sissy's. Well surely, a guy like Love needs a smooth stroke, but 2 weeks vs Chicago playofftime?

Edited by DS17Fanboy

• Moderators

Whats with these sissy injuries, getting star athletes in the prime of their lives, during the last and most important bit of the season getting these lenghty breaks?

I told about me having a broken toe and not even noticing it(adrenaline - yes it hurt a bit) for 5 hours of soccer practice, and coming back practicing kicking a few days later. Well I also seen many such shoulder popping out injuries, including an instance where one guy who popped someones shoulder out, locked it back in by himself on the guy he did it to. After some painful smirks on the sideline, he went right on playing.

And I always thought Europeans and their sports are the sissy's. Well surely, a guy like Love needs a smooth stroke, but 2 weeks vs Chicago playofftime?

There is huge money on the line.   Coming back early if you are risking a more serious injury could screw up these guys long term and their potential income.     Plus there is a difference between just playing and actually performing.   If you can't perform you're just hurting the team.   

There's just a little bit of difference between a shoulder injury for a soccer player vs a basketball player.

• Moderators

AFTER THE LOVE IS GONE... WHAT USED TO BE RIGHT IS WRONG...

(also... poor Milwaukee...)

~lw3

Automatic message

This topic has been moved from "HomeCourt" to "Around The NBA".

• Moderators

~lw3

Shameful. There was a clear intend. And the way he went about it, it could have ended allot more severe. Not to mention, kids watch this getting a waiver.

And its one thing when two guys go brawling at each other, another when heavy suckerpunches are being thrown. But the NBA these days would prolly punish the brawling much more.

Edited by DS17Fanboy