• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Nets GAME 4 (7 PM Eastern Tip!)

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

The refs were horrible tonight. Watching Lopez travel on almost every possession when he had the ball and get away with it was unreal. Watching him literally elbow Teague to the ground to try and get a rebound and not get called for the obvious foul was even more unreal.

That being said we blew this game. Tie game with six seconds left, Teague has blown past D-Will all game and decides to awkwardly throw it to Millsap at the top of the three point line?? What the hell was that? He could have drove to the basket and either made a basket or gotten a foul.

Exactly.  And we aren't putting enough pressure on the refs to not screw us.   Bud should be getting a $25k fine after this one.   Lopez is indeed traveling all over the friggin place.   He fouled the hell out of teague.  There is no way that's a possession or not a foul.  Millsap foul on a jump ball??? are you kidding me.

And with all that we have Teague showing he can blow by Deron at will but for some reason doesn't do it very often.   A horrible end of regulation play call.   

Still it took a once a decade performance by Deron and referee protection of lopez to win this one.   Deron will go back to sleep walking.   Nets+refs are just a bad matchup for us.   I'm pretty pissed about this one.   It was there for us to take.   Even though Teague is my favorite and he carried us most of the game, i think he could have done more.   Plus he sulked and lost Deron twice in a row.  Anyway.   Suck.

The refs were horrible tonight. Watching Lopez travel on almost every possession when he had the ball and get away with it was unreal. Watching him literally elbow Teague to the ground to try and get a rebound and not get called for the obvious foul was even more unreal.

That being said we blew this game. Tie game with six seconds left, Teague has blown past D-Will all game and decides to awkwardly throw it to Millsap at the top of the three point line?? What the hell was that? He could have drove to the basket and either made a basket or gotten a foul.

The refs' reset of the shot clock claiming Teague had "possession" was just yummy.  If he had possession it was a clear foul, if he didn't have possession it was a shot clock violation.  They literally picked the exact scenario wrong enough to give the Neds the ball back.

On that "play" at the end of the 4th, it's unforgivable to not even get a shot off.  That ball should've been given to Teague.

Millsap foul on a jump ball??? are you kidding me.

OMFG!!!!!!!!!  Not only the fact that they called a foul, did you see the "foul" itself?  sLopez has had gentle caresses from @Dolfan23 that were more severe than that "contact".

You CANNOT call that or you may as well do away with the jumpball.  Here's a newsflash, when you have 2 guys jump for a ball their arms might cross and *gasp* come into contact.

• Moderators

OMFG!!!!!!!!!  Not only the fact that they called a foul, did you see the "foul" itself?  sLopez has had gentle caresses from @Dolfan23 that were more severe than that "contact".

You CANNOT call that or you may as well do away with the jumpball.  Here's a newsflash, when you have 2 guys jump for a ball their arms might cross and *gasp* come into contact.

Honestly I don't believe for one second that these types of calls or non-calls are accidental.   They know how important they are.  It doesn't take a flagrant foul or last second call to shift the course of the game.    Now what the motivation here is I don't know but you don't see nearly as many bogus calls and non-calls in NCAA.   I wish i had a dollar for every time Lopez shifted both his left feet.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member

That wasn't all on Dennis. A lot of things went wrong and things went right for Brooklyn.  

Thabo was assaulted by the NYPD. Thanking him is beyond stupid. You should be banned for a statement like that. 

I'm not even mad at Dennis.   Bud needed to call a timeout whether he was pulling Dennis or not.

If she's not in there tonight I'll throw a female dog fit....:-/

A "female dog fit", commonly known as a @Dolfan23 haha.gif

But yeah, we need all the luck we can get.  As much as it pains me, I had to renew my beef with Dolfan since the truce put the whammy on us.

A "female dog fit", commonly known as a @Dolfan23 haha.gif

But yeah, we need all the luck we can get. As much as it pains me, I had to renew my beef with Dolfan since the truce put the whammy on us.

Ur beef with Dolf keeps my life spicy.

I think I found the exclusive video of your first argument with @Dolfan23

I always get a kick out of @capstone21 and his peeps. 

A "female dog fit", commonly known as a @Dolfan23 haha.gif

But yeah, we need all the luck we can get.  As much as it pains me, I had to renew my beef with Dolfan since the truce put the whammy on us.

You see @JayBirdHawk there's very clearly some type of crush going on here for @kg01 as my name just keeps getting brought up out of nowhere. 

Did it? To us you were like the anti-Norm from Cheers, nobody knew your name. 

How often do you get punched in the face on a daily basis?  Be honest

How often do you get punched in the face on a daily basis? Be honest

What? Never! Stop trying to find things we have in common man! I'm sorry you get punched in the face a lot but damn when you look like an inbred cross between Sloth from the Goonies and Eric Stoltz in Mask it's bound to happen to you! Just blow the rape whistle your gf bought you for Valentines Day the next time you're punched in the face. I'm sure it's coming soon!

Oh and I forgot to add to the above Cheers reference that in addition to nobody knowing your name, nobody is glad you came.

What? Never! Stop trying to find things we have in common man! I'm sorry you get punched in the face a lot but damn when you look like an inbred cross between Sloth from the Goonies and Eric Stoltz in Mask it's bound to happen to you! Just blow the rape whistle your gf bought you for Valentines Day the next time you're punched in the face. I'm sure it's coming soon!

Oh and I forgot to add to the above Cheers reference that in addition to nobody knowing your name, nobody is glad you came.

Lol,

@Dolfan23 @kg01 this back and forth banter needs its own thread. I coukd write a book with this stuff. Lol lol.