• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Nets GAME 5 (7 PM Eastern Tip!)

lethalweapon3

This is one of the more wacky series I've ever seen, no need in trying to make sense out of it. The Nets have only shot 32% from three in the series (33 regular season), why does it feel like 50? Good win, let's finish up. And Tony Allen just hit a three, how I don't know.

Probably because they shot like sub 30 in the first 2 games and have been lit in the last 2.

Pero deserves a huge shout out. Hes shooting around 50% from 3 and his defense has been excellent.

He's the only one on defense who can exert his will out there, everyone else is at a distinct disadvantage with their assignment in some way. Brook can't move him down low, and they don't seem to want to touch his screens. Hollins can't even play Plumlee: if he isn't getting sent to the line he'd get out-muscled and/ or out-smarted by Pero every time down.

He and DeMarre have been most consistent by far. He's such a stabilizing player when he's right, I have yet to forgive him for last postseason and I love the dude.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

And did Lopez deserve a single FT that he took tonight? I'm tired of these refs babying the biggest guy on the court.

Not only are they babying him, they're letting him be a bully on the other end.  And, as if that's not enough, they're giving him continuation on everything and allowing at least 6 steps without a dribble.  That's what's making him unguardable.

He's the only one on defense who can exert his will out there, everyone else is at a distinct disadvantage with their assignment in some way. Brook can't move him down low, and they don't seem to want to touch his screens. Hollins can't even play Plumlee: if he isn't getting sent to the line he'd get out-muscled and/ or out-smarted by Pero every time down.

He and DeMarre have been most consistent by far. He's such a stabilizing player when he's right, I have yet to forgive him for last postseason and I love the dude.

As poorly has he matchup last year due to his mins, this year he is perfect v. BRK. He might struggle v. WAS but we have a lot of advantages v. them.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I'm confused, but the Falcons gave up the biggest lead for an NFC Championship Game so I think the Reverend Bayes told us that we lost???

So confused.

No, it was the Dream choking in the 4th quarter of Game 3 last fall. Ergo!

~lw3

DMC has been absolutely huge this series. He has really stepped up his game

Jeff and Al were big in that 4th quarter. They made clutch baskets when they were needed

Other than Pero, the bench has been awful on both ends. Glad to see coach ride his starters tonight.

The starters need to get as much rest as possible because I think Bud is going to ride them next game too

• Like 2

As poorly has he matchup last year due to his mins, this year he is perfect v. BRK. He might struggle v. WAS but we have a lot of advantages v. them.

We will whoop Washington if we get any contribution from our bench.

I think this tough brooklyn series will work in our favor. We needed time to get back in our groove.

DMC and Pero are Hawks MVPs so far this series. I honestly did not expect this from either.

But I also didn't expect the crappy play from everyone else so their consistency is needed. I hope this close win gives them what they need to finish this off in Brooklyn.

• Like 2