• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Nets GAME 6 (8 PM Eastern Tip!)

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

Recap:

1. MVTeague was BIG for us without scoring a single point. His control, pace and aggressiveness of the entire game was on point.13 assists, 1 turnover, 2 steals, 1 block.

2. DMC is the MVP of the series. The refs tried to cool him off but to no avail. (I think Nets might have complained that DMC didn't have a foul in G5 so they tried to make it up tonight with 5 fouls)

3. Horford's midrange stroke is back.

4. Millsap with the bounce back game - inside, outside, assisting, rebounding

5. Kyle was on fya, plus he messed around and had 8 rebounds.

6. Speaking of rebounds - Hawks were monsters on the boards the last 3 games.

Bench:

7. Dennis had a bounce back game(sort of): 12 points, 4 assists and only 2 turnovers

8. Bazemore finally hit a 3, now 2-25. He made a nice DMC-esque cut to the basket for an easy layup. His defense was much better.

9. Pero - meet the refs.

10. It was nice to see the end of benchers get a lil run.

11. Great coaching by Bud to limit the bench.

12. GO HAWKS - BRING ON THE POINTY HATTERS!!!

I would like to echo all those with another strong acknowledgment.

Coach Bud's strategy.  I think the main thing that we did was take advantage of our schedule and have a 9 man rotation.  Hollins is old school and he worked his team through a 6-7 man rotation.  That was their death blow.  When they needed to match our energy, they couldn't on 1 day rest.  Honestly, we're not that deep.  I wouldn't trust Mack, Scott, and Pero as starters but they have gotten to the place where they can spell our guys for big chunks of time and not give away the game.   Would love to have Sefolosha but Baze is doing good work.

Coach also did a good job of motivating everybody to get rebounds.  Everybody on the team was BBQ chicken for Lopez but Lopez is not able to dominate the boards.  It's not in him.  Coach Bud recognized that and you saw increased effort especially by DMC-THEalltimegreat and Korver.  We became the team we needed to be to beat them.

Give the COY more credit.

• Like 1

RE:  Paul Pierce VS our own DMC.

Paul Pierce has always had the uncanny ability to have a lot of those "and one"

chances.  He draws fouls like honey draws flies.  Especially when he hits his

shots.  DMC was called for a lot of fouls in the latest Nets game.  Wait until the

refs catch him trying to guard the Holy One.  PP is not "The King" from

Cleveland but he is close.