• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Wizards GAME 2 (8 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

Do NOT waste possessions trying to get Kyle going. If he can't get his shots within the natural flow of the offense, get the ball to the people who can score.

Yeah it almost seems forced.  None of his shots feel like they're in the flow of things.

I can buy the "we're injured" excuse because I think we do need some rest and our guys are aching.

I won't buy the "we're tired" excuse though.  These guys have been conditioned to play in Bud's system all season long and he has gone at major lengths to rest them during the regular season.  No excuses for being tired at this point.  We need to continue pushing it and get these guys gasping like Brook Lopez.

Nene looking turrible out there.  Please keep it up.

1st Nets game 5/12 17p

2nd Nets game 1/8 2p

Oh true, I forgot those. Listening to NBATV throw out stats, but close. Those games seem so long ago, he's been killing it ever since.

I don't buy too much into the injury talk either. Demarre said so very eloquently "ain't no injuries in playoffs", the Dog has spoken. I don't even want to hear about Teagues ankle again, it's 100% just like when Beal, Wall, Al, Sap, CP3, and Conley all played outstanding with debilitating ailments. Kyle came back into the game and made two plays after he leaked all over the arena. All DeMarre's done is shoot the bulbs out of Phillips with a bum hand. That's a lot of damn lights, man.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

Awesome game thread as usual lw3!!! Love the pic!!! Lol. I can look at that all day. GO HAWKS!!!!

Hawks 109

Wiz 92

An utter a$$ kicking if u will...

My prediction was pretty damn close. No love? Final score was:

Hawks 106

Wiz 90

I think if pero is gonna shoot 3s, he seems to be better in the corners.

Because it's a shorter distance.

The top of the key and wing 25 foot threes are out of his range.  The 22 foot threes in the corner aren't.  I've long said that he should take long 2s ( 18 - 21 ft ) because those are the shots that are in his range.  The corner 3 is also within his range.  But you can tell that those wing and top of the circle 3s are out of his range, because those shots routinely hit the front rim or are way long.

To drive the point home even further, here is how he is shooting the 3 ball.

Corner 3s:  6 - 7 FG . . ( 18 pts )

Wing 3s:  3 - 13 FG . .  ( 9 pts )

Top of circle 3s: 1 - 3 FG . . ( 3 pts ) 

• Like 1

Because it's a shorter distance.

The top of the key and wing 25 foot threes are out of his range. The 22 foot threes in the corner aren't. I've long said that he should take long 2s ( 18 - 21 ft ) because those are the shots that are in his range. The corner 3 is also within his range. But you can tell that those wing and top of the circle 3s are out of his range, because those shots routinely hit the front rim or are way long.

To drive the point home even further, here is how he is shooting the 3 ball.

Corner 3s: 6 - 7 FG . . ( 18 pts )

Wing 3s: 3 - 13 FG . . ( 9 pts )

Top of circle 3s: 1 - 3 FG . . ( 3 pts )

That's some good digging.

Makes sense. He can even hesitate and pump in the corner and still hit. He does that anywhere else the results are ugly.

Edited by benhillboy