• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Wizards GAME 4 (7 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Biggest game of the year.   I fully expect them to come out smoking and we just need to up the defensive pressure.  I'd still like to see Brand in there but i guess it ain't happening.   Anyway, let's tie this thing 2-2 and get homecourt back.   

I would rather read Lethal's write-ups for our games than anything on CBS, ESPN or NBA.com

Great insight as usual...There is a very simple bottom line to this game tonight...The starters better come to work end of story. Enough with the injury talk, the lack of heart, poor defense et. al...It is time to show this town some damn mettle! 

I am a True Believer but even my head is filled with confusion. I have been watching professional basketball for over thirty years and I have never seen a game like Game 3...Bud was clearly so disgusted with our All-Star starting line-up (Sans DMC who has been our most consistent playoff performer) that he pulled the Coach Norman Dale from Hoosiers and said..."My Team is On the Floor!"

Going to cheer them on over a few cold frosty Miller Lites and hope for the best! 

They are more than capable but they gotta WANT IT! 

Exactly. Time to put up or shut up. The injuries in particular just don't explain everything we are seeing IMO.

• Like 1

Great thread as usual lw3!!! I thought when you typed Jordan Crawford it turned to "he who shall not be mentioned" lol..... Speaking of Crawford, no Joey tonight thank god. Also, I miss Cindy Crawford, since we on Crawford's. I miss her more than Jamal that's for damn sure. LETS GO HAWKS.

Hawks 105

Wizards 89

Hey, you said we have a standing invitation. So whattcha got on the grill?

I'm guessing for a fella like yourself, Quinoa and Tofu with some yummy squash....

Game thread had the usual awesomeness lethal.  "Anno Dominique" loved that reference!

To steal the words from another coaches mouth who finds his #1 team in the same predicament, this is a "moment of truth."

Let's see what the Hawks have.  I want to see that fire!

• Like 1

This Hawk ship:

Will it be "The Queen Mary?"

Will it be :The Titanic?"

Are the four players who made the all star team ready to step up and play?

The one player who didn't make the all star roster has himself played like one.

Will the NBA coach of the year really coach and make wise decisions?

Will all the fans here on Hawksquawk be proud of our team tonight or will

we be sick over the outcome of this game?

Finally, can we hit our free throws?  Please !!

GO REAL TEAM ATL !!

• Like 2

• Moderators

I"m really hoping we throw something different at the Wiz defensively.  To me they are getting too many open looks.   The bench guys put pressure on the ball and it threw the wiz off in the fourth.   Hell, defense on that last play was excellent but PP obviously made a deal with the devil coupled with the fact that Dennis is 6 inches shorter than him.  

If we don't get physical in this game we'll be in trouble.   Nene and Gortat aren't going to beat us.  We need to get after them on the perimeter.  Force them to make tough passes and shots.   

• Like 2

Our Allstar starters are shrinking in the moment instead of stepping up their games.

I get it that Teague's ankle is as big as Steve Koonin's thigh (he said that on Friday) but he has to find other ways to affect the game is one thing isn't working, Al if your jump shot is off get to the rim, be more active on defense, get some rebounds, I applaud Sap for playing with the flu and his bum shoulder but we are getting nothing consistent from him or Korver.

It's gut check time: you either want it or you don't.

Our Allstar starters are shrinking in the moment instead of stepping up their games.

I get it that Teague's ankle is as big as Steve Koonin's thigh (he said that on Friday) but he has to find other ways to affect the game is one thing isn't working, Al if your jump shot is off get to the rim, be more active on defense, get some rebounds, I applaud Sap for playing with the flu and his bum shoulder but we are getting nothing consistent from him or Korver.

It's gut check time: you either want it or you don't.

I WANT IT!!!!!