• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Wizards GAME 5 (8 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

What a game by Al Horford - we needed that win. This was an ugly a$$ win but I'll take it. Down in the 3rd battle back to take the lead. Down 9 in the 4th with 5 minutes left battle back for the win. Be still my racing heart.

Bud sticking with Dennis (at Teagues behest) - huge. He harassed Beal end to end. Bud switching DMC on Wall worked - not as easy to see over a taller player for easy passes.

Muscala had an efficient offensive game. He really needs some strength added to that frame.

On the flip side: 21 assists, 23 freaking TURNOVERS - 16 FROM 3 STARTERS. And a lot were of the unforced kind. That's irritating.

That was awesome!

Does it look to anyone else that Wall partially blocked Dennis' layup?

What a game by Al Horford - we needed that win. This was an ugly a$$ win but I'll take it. Down in the 3rd battle back to take the lead. Down 9 in the 4th with 5 minutes left battle back for the win. Be still my racing heart.

Bud sticking with Dennis (at Teagues behest) - huge. He harassed Beal end to end. Bud switching DMC on Wall worked - not as easy to see over a taller player for easy passes.

Muscala had an efficient offensive game. He really needs some strength added to that frame.

On the flip side: 21 assists, 23 freaking TURNOVERS - 16 FROM 3 STARTERS. And a lot were of the unforced kind. That's irritating.

I thought at one point late they said we had 25 turnovers?

• Like 1

That was awesome!

Does it look to anyone else that Wall partially blocked Dennis' layup?

I thought at one point late they said we had 25 turnovers?

He did.

I thought 25 but NBA.com boxscore said 23. 23 or 25 still waaaay too many.

He did.

I thought 25 but NBA.com boxscore said 23. 23 or 25 still waaaay too many.

Teague with a season high 7...dang. Between Teague being a turnover machine and Korver a nonfactor offensively (except for that crazy long bomb 3) I think getting a win says a lot. These grind it out wins build character. I mean they might be killing us as fans but they are certainly strengthening the club.

All these playoff games have been ugly for the most part but I'm sure there is no shortage of teaching tools and experiences to draw upon. They're becoming very battle-hardened and tested. I better not hear none of that nonsense next year about "not being there before" from the lazy media. As I type me and Spud posted about the same exact thing. Eerie.

Edited by benhillboy

Right? I downloaded the TNT app and streamed the first 3 quarters since I wasn't home. App has horrible reviews but it worked flawlessly for me.

So how was Magic city anyways? Did you guys eat there too?

A shout out to the Fans at Philips last night. They were LOUD. They rocked The house.

You could barely hear Brent Barry.

Question: were the announcers in the Arena or were they remote. Don't remember seeing any shots of them broadcasting.

My favorite part of that shot was how the SECOND Horford made it, he went to the other end. He wasn't letting them slingshot a pass for an easy point on the other end. He INSTANTLY started playing defense. That's a veteran play. That's a low ego move. THAT is the kind of attitude that this Hawks team was built around.

Noticed that too. No celebration at all. He was the first one trying to get back on defense.

• Premium Member

I bet you were like that both about the score and about the fact that you could have been watching the game streaming with your buddy instead of on gamecast the whole time!

Man....

It was such an insane moment. Before the comeback, I was just sitting there thinking about how my life was over (lol) and how miserable the next 6 hours were gonna be. The update on Horf's shot didn't happen right away...so the last I read was Washington with the rebound.

I was in disbelief when dude told me we won. I was so happy seeing Horf's post game and that we were up 3-2 that I didn't even realize dude had been streaming the game. The thought didn't cross my mind until about 3am. I might have been upset for about one second...then all I could think about was one more win!

• Like 1

A shout out to the Fans at Philips last night. They were LOUD. They rocked The house.

You could barely hear Brent Barry.

Question: were the announcers in the Arena or were they remote. Don't remember seeing any shots of them broadcasting.

Were you able to hear the crowd chanting for Moose? It felt like everyone there were fans of Moose

I can vouch for this. At night, I'm a manager in a manufacturing facility. And whenever I'm away from my computer and out on the floor, I follow games on my phone.

The NBA Gametime app usually works, but the video was lagging big time for some reason. So I followed the gamecast ( which was lagging too, but not as bad ).

I like watching the animation of the ball going toward the rim before they post the score. The play before, when that ball launched a 3, I knew Pierce had shot that and was going to make it. He did, and people could see me cussing at my phone.

On our possession, I went from elation sering the basketball flash at the rim, to despair when they showed that Dennis missed, to ABSOLUTE DESPAIR when it showed Washington get the rebound.

After about 5 seconds, they changed the Washington rebound to a Horford rebound. The animated ball reappears right over the rim, and they showed he made it and it was a final.

82 - 81 ... HAWKS WIN!!!!

I couldn't imagine going through that, my heart isn't strong enough to handle seeing that roller coaster in gamecast form.

Were you able to hear the crowd chanting for Moose? It felt like everyone there were fans of Moose

That was live....Moooooooooooooooooose

• Premium Member

I can vouch for this. At night, I'm a manager in a manufacturing facility. And whenever I'm away from my computer and out on the floor, I follow games on my phone.

The NBA Gametime app usually works, but the video was lagging big time for some reason. So I followed the gamecast ( which was lagging too, but not as bad ).

I like watching the animation of the ball going toward the rim before they post the score. The play before, when that ball launched a 3, I knew Pierce had shot that and was going to make it. He did, and people could see me cussing at my phone.

On our possession, I went from elation sering the basketball flash at the rim, to despair when they showed that Dennis missed, to ABSOLUTE DESPAIR when it showed Washington get the rebound.

After about 5 seconds, they changed the Washington rebound to a Horford rebound. The animated ball reappears right over the rim, and they showed he made it and it was a final.

82 - 81 ... HAWKS WIN!!!!

Yup. Lol. That's exactly how it went down. I saw that PP 3 go up and I just KNEW it. Hell, I knew it was coming before the play started.

Looking back, I'm glad I didn't watch this live. A) I would have broke the TV and B) I would have jinxed us. Lol. No way we win that with me watching!

I made an ingenius decision to only listen in the car. If I had seen one of those late Pierce threes, let alone both, I'd be in the ER right now. My family already thinks I'm turning into the American Wolf of London during these playoff games.

And Steve Holman just captures the longtime jaded Hawks fan so perfectly. You would've thought the Hawks were throwing the game and Kyle had a stroke during the fourth. I felt a voice of reason in my head like "it's not that bad," but it was.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

I love these new Moooose chants. Reminds me of the Luuuuke of the Panthers or Kuuuuhn of the Packers.

Yeah that was cool. Finally Nique and Bob can recognize that as his official nickname.

After all the foolishness this summer, it's great to see the Bulb packed with all creeds and colors rooting for a very diverse team.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

OneManCave.com??????? Who the hell are these people asking these post game questions. Dude asked Al a question last night and the look on Al's face said it all.