• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Who wants to question Al Horford now?

bumpyphish1

FROM MONDAY:

TheNorthCydeRises, on 10 May 2015 - 02:18 AM, said:snapback.png

On another note, a guy like Al Horford better start thinking about what he wants his legacy as a basketball player to be. And for a guy whose contract is up next summer, you'd hope he would be trying to become as good of a player as possible, if jus for the simple reason on of getting paid. 

But I think he is content with being just good, and not great. We need someone who wants to be great on this team.

Me:
"Oh, that's just silly. Horford is our cornerstone and most effective player. He's versatile and efficient. He's worth every penny and really a bargain at 12 per. He will be worth whatever we pay him on his next deal and make no mistake, he is the one guy on the roster mgmt would not let walk. He's worth a max deal but he's also a guy I could see accepting a little less to help sign other players." 

Northcyde's reply:

"I love Horford as a player. But he ( and Jeff Teague ) suffers from the same thing that fans criticized Joe Johnson of, for the last 3 to 4 years he was a Hawk. And that is the inability, or UNWILLINGNESS to do everything in your power to win a game. 

And when the going gets REALLY tough, all 3 of those guys play SOFT, instead of playing TOUGHER. You can't play SOFT and expect to achieve big things. Just ask the Houston Rockets, who looks ultra soft right now and got ran out the arena tonight. And the leader of the softness is not Harden, it's that goofy playful Mo Fo playing center."

Edited by bumpyphish1

So we're back to calling out other posters now? We are ALL Hawks fans. Can we win an amazing Playoff game without turning on each other? When the Hawks win we all(fans) win.

Seriously! Great game from Horford! Unlike how Lopez was a match up problem for Horford, Horford has owned Gortat.

• Premium Member

So we're back to calling out other posters now? We are ALL Hawks fans. Can we win an amazing Playoff game without turning on each other? When the Hawks win we all(fans) win.

You must not have been in the Chat room during the game

• Premium Member

That's actually my first thought when I read this. I also can't help but look up at the sticky thread on this forum warning about attacking other posters. There's no need for this.

• Like 3

That's actually my first thought when I read this. I also can't help but look up at the sticky thread on this forum warning about attacking other posters. There's no need for this.

I didn't mean attack anyone personally.  Do we have the right to tell other posters they are wrong, though?

When people post asinine stuff unsupported by FACTS, I feel like I'm well within my right to say...."Um, no" and to do so with panache.

Imagine how much damage he could do if the hawks brought in a true center, OR, let Moose START at center, and move Horford over where he suppose to be at power forward. I like the Horford/Moose combination over the Horford/Milsap combination. Horford would dominate........

Edited by atlhawks1

I didn't mean attack anyone personally. Do we have the right to tell other posters they are wrong, though?

When people post asinine stuff unsupported by FACTS, I feel like I'm well within my right to say...."Um, no" and to do so with panache.

You're outside of your rights when you create a topic specifically to mock someone. Replying to his original post you disagreed with would have been more than enough.