• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Cavs fan - I come in peace!

CavsFan128

5 on 8. Now you see what we're bitching about?

Not sure what we're complaining about.  Don't they normally call like 8 "moving screens" in a row on one team?  Nothing weird there.

• Premium Member

There used to be a time, up until around mid 90's-early 2000's I think, when it was understood that superstars would "get that call" or "benefit of the doubt" and role players wouldn't "get that call." That was regular commentary in the games I grew up watching and was expected. Nobody really made a fuss about it either that I recall. You don't actually hear it anymore, but the NBA still has a way of catering to their darlings.

One thing that I've noticed is the TIMING of calls/no calls and "make up" calls that affect momentum. I don't stress it to hard though. The refs are gonna do what they do. Teams just gotta play.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Not sure what we're complaining about.  Don't they normally call like 8 "moving screens" in a row on one team?  Nothing weird there.

It's doubly tough when egregious moving screens by the Wiz went uncalled and now they are calling ones on us that Cwebb sees and says, "Wow. That was a good screen by Millsap. I don't know about that."

But at least they threw a T on top just to make sure they got their money's worth.

• Like 1

They called a few moving screens that they shouldn't have, and a few that they should have.

LeBron got fouled a few times and it wasn't called. Kyrie got fouled once and it wasn't called.

LeBron had a bad carry at the beginning of the game that wasn't called.

The Hawks played VERY physical defense in the 4th quarter and didn't get whistled much (saying this as a blanket statement because there were probably three fouls or so that could have been called but weren't).

The Hawks shot more free throws.

Fouls were called on LeBron early enough that he actually had to leave the game.

A potentially missed offensive foul on LeBron.

That was definitely a clean block by Thompson before the half.

This was an evenly officiated game. Missed calls on both sides, and it did not determine the outcome.

• Moderators

They called a few moving screens that they shouldn't have, and a few that they should have.

LeBron got fouled a few times and it wasn't called. Kyrie got fouled once and it wasn't called.

LeBron had a bad carry at the beginning of the game that wasn't called.

The Hawks played VERY physical defense in the 4th quarter and didn't get whistled much (saying this as a blanket statement because there were probably three fouls or so that could have been called but weren't).

The Hawks shot more free throws.

Fouls were called on LeBron early enough that he actually had to leave the game.

A potentially missed offensive foul on LeBron.

That was definitely a clean block by Thompson before the half.

This was an evenly officiated game. Missed calls on both sides, and it did not determine the outcome.

I didn't feel like Lebron got a whole lot of favorable treatment.  Certainly not like he often does.  But the Cavs got a bunch of extra possessions in the 3rd quarter that turned the momentum of the game.   There was a stretch of really bad and strange calls that inexplicably all went the Cavs way.   And can't think of an out of the ordinary call that went the hawks way but there were at least 3 or 4 that went the other way.    And what was up with that backcourt violation?  How do you miss that?   

• Like 1

I didn't feel like Lebron got a whole lot of favorable treatment.  Certainly not like he often does.  But the Cavs got a bunch of extra possessions in the 3rd quarter that turned the momentum of the game.   There was a stretch of really bad and strange calls that inexplicably all went the Cavs way.   And can't think of an out of the ordinary call that went the hawks way but there were at least 3 or 4 that went the other way.    And what was up with that backcourt violation?  How do you miss that?   

Or how about the sequence where we have the ball and Millsap drives down the middle of the lane and gets fouled.  They rule it a non-shooting foul and we take the ball out of bounds and don't score on the possession.  The Cavs get the rebound and Lebron comes down and gets fouled in the exact situation as Millsap's foul and then he continues the play and lays the ball in the hoop a good second or two after the whistle and they give that hoe an And-1. 

Or the bucket they took away from Korver when they said he pushed off on Shumpert. 

If Lebron is so good, he should be able to beat teams without being babied by the refs.  Lebron will never even match Kobe, much less Jordan.  Kobe never needed this much help to win.

• Like 3

I didn't feel like Lebron got a whole lot of favorable treatment. Certainly not like he often does. But the Cavs got a bunch of extra possessions in the 3rd quarter that turned the momentum of the game. There was a stretch of really bad and strange calls that inexplicably all went the Cavs way. And can't think of an out of the ordinary call that went the hawks way but there were at least 3 or 4 that went the other way. And what was up with that backcourt violation? How do you miss that?

Like I pointed out before its not just about James getting calls, it's that the Hawks won't get calls in a similar circumstance or get bogus calls like those horrible moving screen calls.

• Moderators

Or how about the sequence where we have the ball and Millsap drives down the middle of the lane and gets fouled.  They rule it a non-shooting foul and we take the ball out of bounds and don't score on the possession.  The Cavs get the rebound and Lebron comes down and gets fouled in the exact situation as Millsap's foul and then he continues the play and lays the ball in the hoop a good second or two after the whistle and they give that hoe an And-1. 

Or the bucket they took away from Korver when they said he pushed off on Shumpert. 

If Lebron is so good, he should be able to beat teams without being babied by the refs.  Lebron will never even match Kobe, much less Jordan.  Kobe never needed this much help to win.

Lebron > Kobe

Kobe always got this kind of help.  Remember the no-calls and bonus calls like this?