• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This team has reached it's ceiling

NBASupes

Moves will have to be made in the off-season. 

We need to upgrade the talent level. Teague has high trade value. If he can get us the 6 pick/McLemore, we need to do it. 

I rather max out Monroe than Sap. Sap is too small and Horford is too small at C. Move him to PF and Monroe to center and go from that. 

Edy Tavares is a must have. We need a very good rim protector and rebounder who can give us great size.

Korver isn't a playoff player. He's fine for 2015-16 as a starter but McLemore or Hezonja/Winslow needs to take his minutes in the playoffs. 

DMC is a goner. We can afford what teams are willing to pay for him. We are all about cap management and paying him more than 10 mil is bad for our cap. 

We must upgrade our wing depth. 

Dennis isn't ready to start but he's a 3rd year player and he has more talent than anyone on this team. It might be his time if we can get the value we need for Teague. Honestly, Teague needs to stay but we should get the value in a trade to get rid of Teague. 

If we can't sign Monroe, we need to sign Brook Lopez or resign Sap. We can't leave this off-season with no all star level bigs. Then we run the risk of losing Horford in FA for 2016. 

• Like 1

I don't know if I'd completely blow it up yet but I would definitely consider options.  

But I do agree, if you look at our players preseason and tell me they are going to the ECF I wouldn't have bought it.  We do need more talent and it's obvious that we aren't winning it all with this group.

Korver would be great as a 6th/7th man, he doesn't need to be starting.  We need to go hard after Gasol/Aldridge/Monroe/Jordan, etc.

I'm not sure if Tavares is ready but hopefully we give him a shot.

Pero needs to go.

I don't know if I'd completely blow it up yet but I would definitely consider options.  

But I do agree, if you look at our players preseason and tell me they are going to the ECF I wouldn't have bought it.  We do need more talent and it's obvious that we aren't winning it all with this group.

Korver would be great as a 6th/7th man, he doesn't need to be starting.  We need to go hard after Gasol/Aldridge/Monroe/Jordan, etc.

I'm not sure if Tavares is ready but hopefully we give him a shot.

Pero needs to go.

We aren't blowing it up. We are getting young and adding a lot more young talent infused with veterans in our system. 

We are still keeping Korver/Thabo/Horford/Dennis. It's everyone else who might have a new home in 2015-16. 

Pero is a FA, he's most likely in the middle. Who knows. It depends. I don't see why we wouldn't bring him back but I can see why we wouldn't. 

• Like 1

You're talking about trading/losing of 3 out of 5 starters on a 60 win team that went to the ECF in their first full year together.  I'd say that's blowing it up.

Again, I'm OK trading them or not re-signing them if we get an Aldridge/Gasol, but I'm not just quietly letting them go.  And, Teague is on one of the best contracts in the NBA, I'm not sold on McLemore at all, and who knows what the 6th pick will be.

We are not far away.  A few tweaks here or there cut catapult us to a true contender.  A bunch of high risk moves could throw us back into the treadmill.

The team is far past its ceiling. They shouldn't be playing still. They got past Washington because Wall was hurt. Right now they are playing with house money.

• Like 1

You're talking about trading/losing of 3 out of 5 starters on a 60 win team that went to the ECF in their first full year together.  I'd say that's blowing it up.

Again, I'm OK trading them or not re-signing them if we get an Aldridge/Gasol, but I'm not just quietly letting them go.  And, Teague is on one of the best contracts in the NBA, I'm not sold on McLemore at all, and who knows what the 6th pick will be.

We are not far away.  A few tweaks here or there cut catapult us to a true contender.  A bunch of high risk moves could throw us back into the treadmill.

We will have a lot of cap room. Who knows, we can sign Monroe and someone decent. You have a vet team in place. I see this like Indy. You are in danger of being capped as an ECF, get younger, more talented and it will give you more potential to contender in the future. 

This team won games on their system. Monroe can replace Sap and we get better. We can't replace DMC. It is what it is. If we are going to lose him, getting two quality young assets is the way to go. 

I believe in McLemore for our system and as a backup SG next year. We can develop him. I believe in Winslow or Hezonja. 

Despite the losses, I've never felt better about this team going into the summer than I do now. They have the 15th pick, cap room, a new owner, no more Notorious A.S.G. And for the first time in over 20 years, free agents of worth will actually consider coming here. I can't wait to see what transactions come about...

• Like 3

The reason you make moves this off season is if you don't you'll be stuck with Sap and Carroll for x amount of years more. I like Carroll but I think he is the product of the system, Analyst  were saying what a good job he has done on Lebron but even when not injured Lebron is getting his points in the 1st playoff game. Sap is a nice player but as we see the team is getting badly outrebounded and the only way to improve it get another power forward or center and put Horford at pf. Sure we had 4 all stars but as we see they are good for the regular season. The playoffs re an entirely different story where defenses get much tougher and what was successful in the reg season isn't successful in the playoffs. The Hawks remind me alot of the Atlanta Braves. Always good in the regular season but the playoffs just didn't have the team to win it all.

Answering the question why break up 4 all stars well you see now in the playoffs the Hawks are just not one player away. These all stars for the most part are getting shut down and their ceiling isn't going to get much higher.

We will have a lot of cap room. Who knows, we can sign Monroe and someone decent. You have a vet team in place. I see this like Indy. You are in danger of being capped as an ECF, get younger, more talented and it will give you more potential to contender in the future. 

This team won games on their system. Monroe can replace Sap and we get better. We can't replace DMC. It is what it is. If we are going to lose him, getting two quality young assets is the way to go. 

I believe in McLemore for our system and as a backup SG next year. We can develop him. I believe in Winslow or Hezonja. 

I would love to get Monroe or any of the top FA bigs.  I'm not convinced someone is going to offer DMC more than $10 million per so we will see what happens.  Maybe this series will lower his pricetag.  

• Like 1

Upgrade the talent level?  We have four all star players already.\

And noone on any of the 3 All-NBA teams.

Korver will never be an all-star again, and he was a replacement.  This was right around the time of the winning streak and Korver had a great first half of the season shooting so they gave him the nod.  He has come back to earth since.  He really should be our 6th or 7th man.  And this is coming from a huge Korver fan.

All the other guys were borderline all-stars.  It's not like we had anyone starting in the AS game.  If we could add one of the key FA bigs we could keep the same level of offensive/defensive performance while upgrading our biggest weakness, rebounding.  That alone would improve this team.

I don't think we are far away.  

Edited by AtLaS
  • Like 1

I would love to get Monroe or any of the top FA bigs.  I'm not convinced someone is going to offer DMC more than $10 million per so we will see what happens.  Maybe this series will lower his pricetag.  

DMC will get paid. 

We need one of those All-Stars to play at least at a 2nd team All-NBA level. We need an All-Star that also has the ability to play like a superstar at times.

None of our all-stars are on that level.

Seriously, I'll be okay, not happy but okay with nik stauskas and the #6 pick for Teague. I know it's weaker value and Nik sucked last year but Stauskas could do well in our system given time to develop. 

Let's say we do that trade, I wouldn't mind Portis or Kaminsky at #15. 

Edited by nbasupes40retired

Seriously, I'll be okay, not happy but okay with nik stauskas and the #6 pick for Teague. I know it's weaker value and Nik sucked last year but Stauskas could do well in our system given time to develop. 

Let's say we do that trade, I wouldn't mind Portis or Kaminsky at #15. 

Mario Hezonja + Kevon Looney.

We would have an incredible young core...

Mario Hezonja + Kevon Looney.

We would have an incredible young core...

Henzonja+Looney+Stauskas isn't bad at all. 

Starters are

Dennis

Korver

Thabo

Horford

Monroe 

or 

Sap and Horford. 

We have a lot of cap even after paying Monroe. We can sign Mo Williams and a decent SF. 

Edited by nbasupes40retired

Upgrade the talent level?  We have four all star players already.  Do you think we need five?  Six?

Lets be honest.  Horford is probably the only legit all star talent we will have on this roster next year.  We got 4 selections because of December/Jan and if the all star game was held after the playoffs it would of been 2 Horford/Carroll.  I agree with the OP that we need a true center and that should be made priority but hopefully Carroll can be brought back.  I'd definitely be open to trading Dennis because Teagues contract/talent is too good to let go. 

Henzonja+Looney+Stauskas isn't bad at all. 

Starters are

Dennis

Korver

Thabo

Horford

Monroe 

or 

Sap and Horford. 

We have a lot of cap even after paying Monroe. We can sign Mo Williams and a decent SF. 

I think our staff, considering how they have worked, would like Jae Crowder from Boston. He could improve his shoot under Bud, like DMC did.

I also like Jeremy Lin as a back up PG, I think he is underrated right now and has never played in a team like ours...

• Like 1

I'm very happy about our future:

1. We have cap

2. We have the COACH OF THE YEAR

3. Our staff has proved us over the last 2 years that they can improve the roster with under-the-radar moves.

• Like 1

I think our staff, considering how they have worked, would like Jae Crowder from Boston. He could improve his shoot under Bud, like DMC did.

I also like Jeremy Lin as a back up PG, I think he is underrated right now and has never played in a team like ours...

He's a RFA. I know we hate him but Paul Pierce is a FA. Sign him and Mo Williams. Mo as the backup and Pierce starts and splits mins with Thabo and Winslow/Hezonja.