• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This team has reached it's ceiling

NBASupes

I think there are teams on Cleveland level in a playoff level like San Antonio, Memphis, LAC and Houston. We are closer to the Portland's, Dallas's and Chicago's of the world. We are great in the regular season but talent matters in the playoffs.

Good point nbasupe! The west is loaded with quality teams.

Muscala isn't going to get better? Bazemore isn't going to get better? Tavares isn't going to come over and get better? Everyone on the team isn't going to continue improving under this coaching staff?

That is laughable at best when you consider alone just how much the 27 year old Demarre Carroll improved in his two years' time here to the age of 29.

I am talking all star level. Do you really think Tavaras,Baz,Muscala will be all stars in the future. DMC has improved a great deal but that isn't to say the others will do the same. Whose going to be Lebron,Curry,Durant in the future? Those players probably will be JAGs (role players ) You need role players but most of all you need a superstar to lead you down the stretch.

I don't think they reached their limit because Thabo didn't play in the playoffs. Imagine if Thabo was playing, Hawks might have more opportunities and chances to win games in a series. Next season for Hawks will be really interesting! and i can't actually wait what moves will Hawks make in the offseason.

• Like 1

I don't think they reached their limit because Thabo didn't play in the playoffs. Imagine if Thabo was playing, Hawks might have more opportunities and chances to win games in a series. Next season for Hawks will be really interesting! and i can't actually wait what moves will Hawks make in the offseason.

Not really. Thabo isn't that much of a difference maker. He would help to some degree but in this series using the Thabo excuse doesn't play like it did v. Washington or Brooklyn. 

Not really. Thabo isn't that much of a difference maker. He would help to some degree but in this series using the Thabo excuse doesn't play like it did v. Washington or Brooklyn. 

Well you never know, We didn't get a chance to  watch Thabo to play with the hawks in this year Playoffs. I've seen him many times in Western Playoffs  against my Spurs when he was still with OKC. His defense and versatility was giving my spurs a lot of problems.

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker

• Premium Member

This team reached its ceiling in January, and we were the best team in all of Basketball during that time. If we were healthy we would be steamrolling through the conference like GS is doing in the West. We haven't had much luck in the playoffs and have been playing vs the refs' whistles in every game and we still made it all the way to the Conference finals. We need to add more depth and fix our rebounding problems, but the team is good enough to beat anyone when healthy.

Edited by Atlantaholic
  • Like 1

So you believe that regardless of coach, our team as constructed would have won 19 in a row, 60 overall, and made it to the ECF??

KneeJerk

We're talking about the playoffs here. Bobby Cox won a lot of regular games also... But he was a mediocre playoff coach and so is coach Bud.

This team only made the 3rd round because Washington and the Nets sucked.

• Like 1

This team reached its ceiling in January, and we were the best team in all of Basketball during that time. If we were healthy we would be steamrolling through the conference like GS is doing in the West. We haven't had much luck in the playoffs and have been playing vs the refs' whistles in every game and we still made it all the way to the Conference finals. We need to add more depth and fix our rebounding problems, but the team is good enough to beat anyone when healthy.

The playoffs are a different animal unlike the reg season. Those lanes to pass in get eliminated,rebounding becomes more important, and closers at the end of the game are essential since alot of close games will be played IF your team is competitive enough. Some of those plays drawn up by Bud like tonight's end of the game were not good. It's great to have won so many games in the reg season but the playoffs is when you find out how good your team is. Don't forget many of the other teams had injuries also.   

• Like 1

Given the fact that ATL is about to be swept without Irving and Love needing to contribute 15 points a game should say everything. We need more talent. This shouldn't be an option or really an opinion anymore. We should be punishing Cleveland because Irving isn't contributing. You think that would fly against Golden State? Nah. If Irving isn't 90%, they won't have a chance at beating them.

Given the inconsistency of our All Stars outside of Carroll and our lack of bench play, something needs to be done. This team needs to have one goal in the offseason. Add talent, because guess what? Golden State, Cleveland and OKC aren't going anywhere. Teams with true elite talent  The east is not going to be this bad next season. Indy and Miami should be healthier and the other squads (like the Bulls) aren't going to remain stagnant. The Hawks can't rest on their laurels. Especially given their playoff showing.

Faried wants out of Denver it appears. He and Lawson threatened to request a trade. I think he would be a great fit here as 4/5. I think Korver just got cold at the wrong time. He can still be effective at his role. I think Bazemore can offer more than he has been given opportunity to show. He has filled in nicely for Demarre when needed. Another shooting wing off the bench and rebounding,Shotblocking Big and we will be set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Faried wants out of Denver it appears. He and Lawson threatened to request a trade. I think he would be a great fit here as 4/5. I think Korver just got cold at the wrong time. He can still be effective at his role. I think Bazemore can offer more than he has been given opportunity to show. He has filled in nicely for Demarre when needed. Another shooting wing off the bench and rebounding,Shotblocking Big and we will be set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Faried is due to make $11 mil starting next season which means we'll have to trade for him. What/who are we trading? Edited by JayBirdHawk

I don't follow the Nuggets closely, but I haven't heard anything about Faried and Lawson wanting out.

That being said, I'd love to have Faried on this team. But with no legit center to speak of it just creates another logjam at the 4.

I don't follow the Nuggets closely, but I haven't heard anything about Faried and Lawson wanting out.

That being said, I'd love to have Faried on this team. But with no legit center to speak of it just creates another logjam at the 4.

I read that Nuggets were interested in moving Lawson and Faried.

I read that Nuggets were interested in moving Lawson and Faried.

Same here. Google is wonderful. :)

If we are taking some players from Denver I would like Wilson Chandler and Gary Harris.

• Like 1

Don't understand the Monroe love. You simply don't win much with bigs who aren't defenders. Almost all championship teams (or all) have had a dominant interior defender, of course unless you have Lebron or Jordan. Monroe ain't getting you anywhere.