• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks trademark new logo

devilwentdown2GA

• Moderators

I don't mind that at all.  Interesting that they use the word "club."  Kind of a European soccer thing going there.  

I hope the new uniforms are better than what is above but if they aren't the problem won't be the primary logo.

• Like 1

I like the idea of "Basketball Club" too. Kinda distinguishes the Hawk from the rest of the league.

Wait, am I missing something.  The link in that tweet literally takes you to the enrollment form for the Atlanta Hawks Fan Membership Club or w/e.  That's not our new logo.  It's just the logo used by that specific 'club', no?

I hope I'm wrong (for once, hehe).

• Moderators

http://www.nba.com/hawks/welcome-club

New uni's to be unveiled before draft (June 25th).

The "club" is a bit strange to me.  They could have just gone with "Atlanta Hawks Basketball".

Yeah.  That's a little weird.  Basketball club doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.   The concept of the secondary logo is ok but the execution on that is not so great.  It's so cartoonish and I don't think it meshes well with the pac logo.   Plus no one would ever associate with the hawks.   Oh well, at least we have the best primary logo in the league.   

Just use either the ORIGINAL team logo and colors of the Tri-Cities Blackhawks or Milwaukee/St. Louis Hawks as the alternate and be done with it. The Celtics, Lakers, etc. teams with championships, dont go thru all that change. They keep it

Thanks but I prefer to not see Pero in those short shorts.

Edited by Ruckus

The Atlanta Hawks Basketball Club moniker expands on the idea that we are more than just a team of 15 players. Our Basketball Club recognizes the contributions of the entire staff to our success. It respects and honors past players and coaches and their significance. Ultimately, the new Basketball Club designation reflects our commitment to building an emotional connection with our fans and maintaining an inclusive environment that welcomes all people. In the Atlanta Hawks Basketball Club, “everyone matters” and all are welcome.

The Hawks also unveiled a completely new secondary logo that pays tribute to the history of the city of Atlanta. The wings of a Hawk lift a basketball engulfed in flames, symbolizing how the city of Atlanta rose from the ashes to become one of the nation’s leading international cities.

Stay tuned, as the Hawks also announced Monday that new uniforms, the most modern and cutting-edge in the NBA, will be unveiled before the 2015 NBA Draft.

I actually like the reason behind changing it to club. It's more inclusive than just the players and coaches. That has Koonin written all over it.

Edited by RandomFan

Wait, am I missing something.  The link in that tweet literally takes you to the enrollment form for the Atlanta Hawks Fan Membership Club or w/e.  That's not our new logo.  It's just the logo used by that specific 'club', no?

I hope I'm wrong (for once, hehe).

Looks like I was wrong (for the 1st time ever).

http://www.nba.com/hawks/pac-man-here-stay-iconic-logo-officially-primary-once-again

• Premium Member

I don't mind the lime green as long as it is paired with a good contrasting color (I think with the red it looks horrible). I was always a huge fan of the old school Pistol Pete Jersey. The lime green with an updated Navy would look awesome (Sort of like the Seahawks color scheme). 

nba-131829.jpg?width=535&height=535&qual

We have a ton of old color combos to get creative with, if we want to go the throwback route. I found this awesome timeline, a bit dated but shows what we have had in the past.

I love that uni, but truthfully, only b/c it was the uni being used when I first became a fan as a kid, and b/c, at that time, the vertical stripes made it an interesting contrast from most others'.

• Premium Member

One thing that seems pretty clear... the color scheme...

1. Blue is gone... replaced by black. I recall when the current logo came out, many of us had hoped that would eventually happen... so, all good.

2. Yellow probably isn't going to be making a comeback... woulda liked to have seen some yellow accents, but oh well.

Edited by sturt

• Premium Member
"Stay tuned, as the Hawks also announced Monday that new uniforms, the most modern and cutting-edge in the NBA, will be unveiled before the 2015 NBA Draft."

This part in the press release makes me think those conceptual unis are probably... unfortunately, to my mind... what we're going to be looking at for a few years, at least.

This part in the press release makes me think those conceptual unis are probably... unfortunately, to my mind... what we're going to be looking at for a few years, at least.

I have seen the uniforms. The conceptual uniforms are not accurate. I would say it's the right "idea" but not even close to the final execution. The uniforms are so badass...I can't wait until the reveal

• Like 3

I actually like the reason behind changing it to club. It's more inclusive than just the players and coaches. That has Koonin written all over it.

Yeah it do, Stevie K never sleeps. I'm loving them distinguishing themselves with the "club" tag.

We all got our wish with Pacman back on deck, now the captions around it will make the brand more recognizable abroad. There had to be done roadblock to adding yellow back to the scheme or Koonin would've definitely done it.

Edited by benhillboy