• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Where did you think we would be at the start of this season?

Blazemore

I thought we make the playoffs. 5th, maybe 6th seed. Probably get knocked out in the first round and if we made it past the first round we would certainly get destroyed in the second round. I remember thinking "If we made it past the first round I would be happy with this season".

I'm seriously, curious what everyone expected at the start of this year. I never DREAMED of a championship at the start of this year. I did later, but really, the team never changed. We were humiliated in this series and it was painful to watch. I was disappointed at this series. But let's seriously look at this in context. I remember a LONG time we had a thread when we first reached the #1 seed. Very, VERY few of us expected us to keep it. Remember? We thought the Raptors would take it from us shortly, but this team overcame our low expectations and held onto it.

What I'm trying to say is, this isn't the end of the world. This team was more or less constructed in 2 1/2 years. We didn't use the draft. We failed to attract super-stars. We just made due with what we got. And the fact that we made it this far, no matter how horrible the ending was, is something to, maybe not be proud of, but something we can look at in a positive light.

Anyway, where did y'all think we would be at the start of season?

• Like 3

Super enthusiastic!  To have thought we would end up here, second place

in the east had to have been a wonderful dream before the season.

I still find it unbelieveable that we won the east and coasted to the best record!

My thoughts to begin the season?  "I hope we're good enough to make the playoffs

this season.  Please don't tank and hope for success."  I remember that, in a recent

draft, there were four of five "Super Star" players available, any and all which came

with a "guarantee" that his team would win everything.  I still haven't figured out how

this was supposed to work.  Five different teams winning it all every season?

I am very sad with our demise in the finals BUT I'm so happy we made it to this point.

It's been a great learning experience and we now know what we need to improve and

have a greater team, beginning this fall when the new season begins.

Edited by Gray Mule

I had them at 46-36 and maybe the second round if I recall. Not in my wildest dreams did I see them winning 60, beating on the league in epic fashion in January, taking the division, the top seed, and going to the ECFs. Expectations exceeded...

• Moderators

I had the East and our division being much better than it was... I had us at about 45 wins, 3rd-6th seed, and I felt the ECF was a possibility, but felt we'd see another second round exit. Had the Heat being way better than they were.

I'm happy the Hawks won the division, was the number 1 seed, and made it to the ECF. Getting swept is disappointing, but it shouldn't make us forget the season as a whole. Our future is still very bright and my feeling is that there are a few West coast players that would like having an easier road to the Finals. All in all, it was a very successful year.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I'm too lazy to dig up our preseason prediction thread, but while I recollect having the Hawks finally winning the Southeast and getting as far as Game 7 of the Conference Semis, I was way off on the regular-season win tally. Maybe 46 wins?

~lw3

• Premium Member

I don't know if I posted it, but most people I talked to I said 46-52 wins and barely passing Toronto as the third best team in the East by the end of the season (behind Chicago and Cleveland). I didn't think we would advance past the second round.