• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Strange context of Delly and Korver incident

Saw this recently from the Cleveland.com Cavs beat writer, Chris Haynes:

FWIW, anytime I have read an actual article from Haynes I have been thoroughly unimpressed. He's the kind of guy who frequently misuses cliches and is rife with typos and grammatical mistakes. So in other words, I worry about the guys ability to correctly assess the context at which Dellavedova was speaking on.

• Moderators

The Korver one was pretty blatant.   I think it's hard to look at that and say it was a clean play.   Ernie Johnson made a big deal about how no one on the broadcast team mentioned it being a questionable play when it happened but that's such a horrible standard.  It was toward the end of the game and they were so busy gushing over Lebron they hardly had time to mention anything else.   Plus Korver didn't stay on the floor (even though he should have), he got up and gamely tried to stay in the play.   So no one realized that he was hurt this bad at the time.   

Korver doesn't seem like the type to hold a grudge though.  Hopefully he just explained the difference between hustle and spaz.

I don't know if Dellevedova is dirty or if he's one of those guys we've all seen playing ball who's really not that talented so he goes too far on hustle plays to compensate. Bad part is that as he gets cheered on by the fans at home, his teammates, and the media for his "tough" play it's only going to encourage him to do even more. If it weren't for Lebron nobody would even know who this guy is either.

• Like 2

What is worse is that the CLASSLESS Cleveland fans gave the guy a standing ovation when he came into the game.  Sickening at best. 

• Like 2

HeWhoShallNotBeNamed: "Uh, hello?  Kyle? Gosh mate, I never meant ..."

Kyle: "Yo, how tha f*ck you get this number?"

HWSNBN: "Uhm, the team gav --"

Kyle: {to his entourage} "Yo, which onea you muthaf*ckas gave this clown my private number?"

Assemblage: "Man, I don't even know .."

HWSNBN: "But, I jus' called to say --"

Kyle: {still to his entourage} "Eh, I told y'all that number was for business only.  Now I got this clown a** muthaf*cka, callin' me whinin' n' sh*t."

HWSNBN: "Uh, hello?"

Kyle: "What the f*ck you want?  You wanna tell me how sorry you are?  I'm s'posed to be all forgiving n' sh*t?"

HWSNBN: "Bu-"

Kyle: "Well, it don't work like that.  Yeah, after I get this surgery I'mma findjo little a**.  So you have fun while it lasts, but your days numbed, man.  Numbrd!"

HWSNBN: {whispers to LeeBrughn} "Oh, sh*t.  Big Broun, what ... what do I do now?" {inaudible} "But he's not ..."  {inaudible} "But, I did." {inaudible} ...

Kyle: click

Riiiiiing

Kyle: "Who dis?"

LiiBrughn: "Yo, Kyle.  It's me Big Bronne.  Hey, you think you can do me a solid an' ---"

**ring**ring**

Kyle; Hello

Delly; derka derka

Kyle; umm hello

Delly; derka derka

Kyle; hello? Who is this?

Delly; derka derka Muhammed jihad!

Kyle; click

FWIW, anytime I have read an actual article from Haynes I have been thoroughly unimpressed. He's the kind of guy who frequently misuses cliches and is rife with typos and grammatical mistakes. So in other words, I worry about the guys ability to correctly assess the context at which Dellavedova was speaking on.

Yeah true. Haynes seems like the type to write stuff just to get clicks.

I don't know if Dellevedova is dirty or if he's one of those guys we've all seen playing ball who's really not that talented so he goes too far on hustle plays to compensate. Bad part is that as he gets cheered on by the fans at home, his teammates, and the media for his "tough" play it's only going to encourage him to do even more. If it weren't for Lebron nobody would even know who this guy is either.

I just don't buy that. If that were truly the case wouldn't it be more common? Dellavedova isn't the only guy isn't "talented and tries to compensate." 

He's making Bruce Bowen look like an angel. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I really can't stand that guy. Honestly, the first thing I thought of was Dellabigdumpa thinking "Surgery?! That isn't what I wanted. You mean he will be able to play again"

What is worse is that the CLASSLESS Cleveland fans gave the guy a standing ovation when he came into the game.  Sickening at best. 

So is ot classy to call a fanbase classless for supporting a player they believe is being slandered? I do not know if Delly is dirty. Besides the man himself, no one can say with any certainty what the intent was on the 3 plays people discuss. So it is only natural that Cavs fans will give him the benefit of the doubt and Hawks fans will not.

I will say this. Dirty or not, Delly takes a ridiculous amount of abuse on the court (see the lead up to the Gibson leg lock, the Teague elbows to the face, etc). I have never heard him complain about it to the media, and I have never seen him slow down because of it. If you were to feel there was no ill intent in his style of play (and fandom usually means giving your team's players the benefit of the doubt until proven wrong), can you understand why the Cleveland fanbase would get behind him?

I am hoping for a good matchup next year. It would be great to start working at chipping away at the perceived disparity between the East and West (particularly at the top of the conference).

So is ot classy to call a fanbase classless for supporting a player they believe is being slandered? I do not know if Delly is dirty. Besides the man himself, no one can say with any certainty what the intent was on the 3 plays people discuss. So it is only natural that Cavs fans will give him the benefit of the doubt and Hawks fans will not.

I will say this. Dirty or not, Delly takes a ridiculous amount of abuse on the court (see the lead up to the Gibson leg lock, the Teague elbows to the face, etc). I have never heard him complain about it to the media, and I have never seen him slow down because of it. If you were to feel there was no ill intent in his style of play (and fandom usually means giving your team's players the benefit of the doubt until proven wrong), can you understand why the Cleveland fanbase would get behind him?

I am hoping for a good matchup next year. It would be great to start working at chipping away at the perceived disparity between the East and West (particularly at the top of the conference).

Okay, Cavs fan, go away please.

I am a Cavs fan and said as much in my first post here. In the same thread, a moderator said respectful conversation from opposing fans was welcome.

my apologies. Please leave your Matt Delevedova compliments here.

HeWhoShallNotBeNamed: "Uh, hello?  Kyle? Gosh mate, I never meant ..."

Kyle: "Yo, how tha f*ck you get this number?"

HWSNBN: "Uhm, the team gav --"

Kyle: {to his entourage} "Yo, which onea you muthaf*ckas gave this clown my private number?"

Assemblage: "Man, I don't even know .."

HWSNBN: "But, I jus' called to say --"

Kyle: {still to his entourage} "Eh, I told y'all that number was for business only.  Now I got this clown a** muthaf*cka, callin' me whinin' n' sh*t."

HWSNBN: "Uh, hello?"

Kyle: "What the f*ck you want?  You wanna tell me how sorry you are?  I'm s'posed to be all forgiving n' sh*t?"

HWSNBN: "Bu-"

Kyle: "Well, it don't work like that.  Yeah, after I get this surgery I'mma findjo little a**.  So you have fun while it lasts, but your days numbed, man.  Numbrd!"

HWSNBN: {whispers to LeeBrughn} "Oh, sh*t.  Big Broun, what ... what do I do now?" {inaudible} "But he's not ..."  {inaudible} "But, I did." {inaudible} ...

Riiiiiing

Kyle: "Who dis?"

LiiBrughn: "Yo, Kyle.  It's me Big Bronne.  Hey, you think you can do me a solid an' ---"

Gangsta Kyle

Rich Homie Kyle even

At best he is one of the most reckless players in NBA history. At worst he is dirty. I've watched the NBA for 40 + yrs. and seen a lot of "hustle" players...guys that dive for balls and are always going 100mph. Interestingly, I don't recall Rodman, Mason, Shaq, or any other players blowing out ankles and knees like Della. Simply put, there are right ways and dangerous ways to dive for a ball. To whip your body around onto someone's ankle is dangerous and reckless at best...with his activity in the playoffs he done more damage that can end a career than the men I listed combined.

I don't buy the "hustle" excuse.

• Like 1