• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

We need a scorer!

Wurider05

??????

The Mage is usually spot on , but I am afraid he is way off on this one. If Bud believed Jenkins was an NBA talent he damned sure would have utilized him

Eeeeeeh. I kinda disagree. I still think the Hawks can win a championship by just getting a legit big that can rebound, block shots, and have a decent offensive game. If the Hawks move Horford over to power forward and get a center that can score around 12 points a game, the Hawks would be in good shape.

• Like 1

Aldridge averaged 29 pts a game (2 games) vs the Cavs. He'll cost the max but would be the no1 option on offense. I know the Hawks want to play a style where there is no one man the other team can focus on but despite the injuries even on open shots the Hawks were not good . Aldridge can give the Hawks a crunch time player. I know its pie in the sky but if there was a way to get either Gasol or Aldridge why not? 

• Like 1

Eeeeeeh. I kinda disagree. I still think the Hawks can win a championship by just getting a legit big that can rebound, block shots, and have a decent offensive game. If the Hawks move Horford over to power forward and get a center that can score around 12 points a game, the Hawks would be in good shape.

Why can't we have better rebounding and scoring? Atlanta needs to get better at both. At the very least, they need to be able to score with the best of them to have a shot at winning a title.

Edited by Guard
  • Like 1

unless we are bringing prime bill russell, no amount of defense and rebounding can offset the offensive deficiencies of this team. Looking at our offensive numbers its clear that this team has problems on both sides of the ball.

• Like 1

unless we are bringing prime bill russell, no amount of defense and rebounding can offset the offensive deficiencies of this team. Looking at our offensive numbers its clear that this team has problems on both sides of the ball.

every team has problems on both side of the ball.

I don't think he is and I'm not sure how I feel about it, but he was a pretty hot name for us during the second summer of Ferry.

He has player option this summer. I was wondering whether he would opt out. I have mixed feelings too. He is very talented but can get moody.

• Like 1

This man deserves the max! I would offer him one hell of a deal and do whatever it takes to bring back Carroll! I think ferry and Bud can find some more blue collar players to add to the bench.

That move would put asses in the seats and have media on our tip.

Or Marc....hell one of them just get it done

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I think getting LA is a dream.  But there is a player who fits the way that we play who would make us the cat's meow.

Resign both DMC and Sapp.  But before that...

Draft Montrezl Harrell

Pick up Cole Aldrich or bring up Walter.

Then trade Dennis for Kevin Martin.

Martin no longer fits in Minny.  However, he's a great fit here.  He can replace Korver in the Starting Lineup and while Korver is on the mend, we will not miss a beat.

Depth chart at 2 & 3 will be:

Martin, Korver, Baze

DMC, Thabo

There seems to be some disagreement about our own JJ being a scorer.  Just

because he didn't do other things well doesn't mean he can't score.  Nothing was

said about any other talents or lack thereof, just we need a scorer.

In our last game, in garbage time, JJ hit 4 of 5 and 2 of 3 from down town.  To me,

that means he's a scorer.  Doesn't prove that he is capable of doing anything else.

Kevin Martin would be great here.  He's from WCU in Cullowhee, N.C. 

crazy.gif

Then trade Dennis for Kevin Martin.

Eeeeeeeewwwww...heck NO!

I'm parting with Dennis for a 32 year old who has 2yrs/14.3 million left on contract.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Aldridge averaged 29 pts a game (2 games) vs the Cavs. He'll cost the max but would be the no1 option on offense. I know the Hawks want to play a style where there is no one man the other team can focus on but despite the injuries even on open shots the Hawks were not good . Aldridge can give the Hawks a crunch time player. I know its pie in the sky but if there was a way to get either Gasol or Aldridge why not? 

Gasol is not a good rebounder.  Aldridge is intriguing. 

• Moderators

because he didn't do other things well doesn't mean he can't score.  Nothing was

In our last game, in garbage time, JJ hit 4 of 5 and 2 of 3 from down town.  To me,

that means he's a scorer.  Doesn't prove that he is capable of doing anything else.

crazy.gif

We could have used Kevin Martin in this playoffs for sure.  I don't know that we can afford to pay him what he is making but to me he's very much like JR Smith (but not as crazy).   And we saw what having a guy like Smith can do for you in the playoffs.   

• Moderators

crazy.gif

He can shoot.  He isn't a particularly good scorer.  He can't create offense.  He was assisted on 85% of his made shots this year.

A guy making a couple of shots "in garbage time" in a single game doesn't prove jack.  We aren't even talking about a guy going off for a huge game here ala Tony Delk for 53.  Talk to me about the times he stepped up and scored something other than a shot set up by someone else with the game was tight.  

This shouldn't be interpreted as a slam on Jenkins.  Steve Kerr wasn't a scorer.  There is real value is being a good shooter but just because you are a good shooter doesn't mean you are a good scorer.  That applies in spades for Jenkins.