• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The offseason...how do you see/want things going down?

bumpyphish1

Gotta go get Monroe he makes us a larger team and is a pretty decent passer he's a perfect fit.

In what world is Monroe a perfect fit?  His strengths and weaknesses do not align with what Bud prefers at the C position.

In what world is Monroe a perfect fit?  His strengths and weaknesses do not align with what Bud prefers at the C position.

We signed him last year but couldn't agree on a trade w/ DET and we want him this year. How does he not fit Bud's idea or offense? 

We signed him last year but couldn't agree on a trade w/ DET and we want him this year. How does he not fit Bud's idea or offense?

We DID NOT sign him, so stop saying that.

We DID NOT sign him, so stop saying that.

To me, if you get the trade talks like we did with Joe Johnson. That's signing. It's not official but that's because if he signed, DET would match. 

greg monroe is becoming the new al jefferson on this board.

There is a clear difference. One fit, the other doesn't. We showed great interest in one and northcyde showed interest in the other. 

This is the most realistic plan and it's what I hope we do.  No need to overreact to a bad ECFs when we weren't 100%.  Regroup and refocus, keep the core in tact, keep Ferry, produce another great season and put the league on notice that the Hawks are here to stay as contenders.  2 straight seasons of 60 wins and ECF appearances will force the bigger names to notice us and we will have plenty of cap to go fishing for a BIG fish in the next 2 seasons.

Although the Hawks were not healthy there was no excuse to miss the open shots the players did.I don't see how the team will be better bringing the same players back. Your not going to see the high quality defense the Hawks faced in Cleveland vs rest of the league thus its easy to win in the regular season than the playoffs. Next years free agent crop won't be as good as this year altohugh Durant will be the guy everyone wants.  

Why do you insist on posting outright lies?  This comment is about as truthful as your posts stating that we will be capped out in the future if we resign DMC and Millsap this year. 

Why do you insist on posting outright lies?  This comment is about as truthful as your posts stating that we will be capped out in the future if we resign DMC and Millsap this year. 

Don't accuse me of lies kid. Don't even do it again. 

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/17/report-pistons-asked-for-kyle-korver-and-jeff-teague-in-discussing-greg-monroe-trade-with-hawks/

Atlanta is limited in cap room considering the cost of Millsap and Carroll. That's been stated by hawksfanatic as well who is our cap expect. In fact ask @MaceCase

Edited by nbasupes40retired

Don't accuse me of lies kid. Don't even do it again. 

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/17/report-pistons-asked-for-kyle-korver-and-jeff-teague-in-discussing-greg-monroe-trade-with-hawks/

Atlanta is limited in cap room considering the cost of Millsap and Carroll. That's been stated by hawksfanatic as well who is our cap expect. In fact ask @MaceCase

You saying that we signed Greg Monroe last year is an outright LIE. 

No IFs, ANDs or BUTs about it.

Atlanta is limited in cap room this year.  They will not be in the next two years when the cap is projected to increase by almost 40 million and we have full bird rights to Horford which will allow us to use our cap and then resign him if the new owners are willing to foot the bill.

You lack common sense and the ability of foresight.

Why is it when you see things different then others , you reach deep in the bag of insults? It is common with you.

Although the Hawks were not healthy there was no excuse to miss the open shots the players did.I don't see how the team will be better bringing the same players back. Your not going to see the high quality defense the Hawks faced in Cleveland vs rest of the league thus its easy to win in the regular season than the playoffs. Next years free agent crop won't be as good as this year altohugh Durant will be the guy everyone wants.  

I just looked at the 2016 FA list, for the first time, and I have to agree with your statement that it's slim pickings after Durant.  I'm not sure what the correct answer is when it comes to free agency.  I just see us remaining as a top 2 seed in the East if we retain Millsap and Carroll.  Trading Teague or letting both Millsap and Carroll go seems too risky when we are closer than we have ever been to representing the East in the Finals.  I'm usually a risk taker but I prefer a safer approach on this one.  Bud and Ferry's ability to find diamonds in the rough lead me to believe that they can get this group to that next level with a tweak or two and better health in the playoffs.

You lack common sense and the ability of foresight. 

LOL.  Ohhh really. 

Says the guy who brainwashes himself in to believing things that are commonly known to be false.  I would love to see you find one other person on this board that will attest to us signing Monroe last year.

LOL.  Ohhh really. 

Says the guy who brainwashes himself in to believing things that are commonly known to be false.  I would love to see you find one other person on this board that will attest to us signing Monroe last year.

We have threads on Monroe. Most quotes and articles have NOTHING to do with me. 

The Hawks were the guys who showed interest in Monroe before I did. 

Once again, get out of your emotions and read. 

Not everybody want to see this same squad next year like you. 

Edited by nbasupes40retired

We have threads on Monroe. Most quotes and articles have NOTHING to do with me. 

The Hawks were the guys who showed interest in Monroe before I did. 

Once again, get out of your emotions and read. 

Not everybody want to see this same squad next year like you. 

No emotions here.  I'm just used to living in reality and am bewildered by your attempted fairy tales.

To me, if you get the trade talks like we did with Joe Johnson. That's signing. It's not official but that's because if he signed, DET would match. 

tumblr_m70vbsTdrB1rropv0.gif?t=134266414

No one is denying they might have had an interest but flat out saying we signed him is... how do I put this....SOOOOOOO WRONG!!!!

tumblr_m70vbsTdrB1rropv0.gif?t=134266414

No one is denying they might have had an interest but flat out saying we signed him is... how do I put this....SOOOOOOO WRONG!!!!

If we signed him officially he would be matched. 

No emotions here.  I'm just used to living in reality and am bewildered by your attempted fairy tales.

Where's the fairies?