• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks looking for a new GM

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

.......according to the AJC it assumes DF not coming back. Wonder how that changes things in regard to the players in FA and the draft?

I don't think it will affect the draft much. But I do think it will play into free agency. Bud remains steadfast that he wants the exact same team back. But will the new ownership, Grant Hill (rumored to be team president) and the new GM have the same vision?

As long as the new GM and Bud are on the same wavelength, I don't care who it is. Keeping Bud happy needs to be the main goal.

It would also be nice if the new GM is better with drafting in the first round.

• Like 4

And the Atlanta sports curse comes around. This season was too good to have it end right. This ownership group is listening too much to Gearon Jr it appears. God i hate that guy...

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Letting Ferry go always seemed like the likely outcome. I don't think anybody shells out $850 million on a franchise and wants the kind of controversy that would surely come with keeping Ferry. I don't like the fact that Ferry is likely done in the ATL, but him being gone essentially ensures Gearon is silenced as I think the only reason they let him have a small percentage was to ensure he didn't run to the media again with Danny Ferry dirt.

Anyone have a subscription to AJC?  (If not, I can't really blame you.)  Copy and paste?

Letting Ferry go always seemed like the likely outcome. I don't think anybody shells out $850 million on a franchise and wants the kind of controversy that would surely come with keeping Ferry. I don't like the fact that Ferry is likely done in the ATL, but him being gone essentially ensures Gearon is silenced as I think the only reason they let him have a small percentage was to ensure he didn't run to the media again with Danny Ferry dirt.

Why not just buy the moron out?

• Like 1

Regarding Ferry, the only way I'd be okay with him coming back is if they gauged free agent opinion before rehiring him. I wouldn't want this team's free agent situation to get worse. Because that is exactly what would happen if players aren't a fan of a potential rehire.  This team pigeon holding itself would be incredibly stupid given the momentum this franchise has at the moment.

Edited by Guard
  • Like 3

My fear with this is that whenever Coach Bud's contract expires, he may want to leave this team as well. I think the decision to bring back Ferry should not just rest with the front office, it should involve the players and coaches as well.

• Like 1