• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks looking for a new GM

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

hehe... guys, fwiw, the argumentative side of me still perceives some gaps... like that the Campanis thing almost certainly informs this conversation and GMs' contracts ever since... but the prudent side of me is saying, the original point AHF made is well-taken and it's time for me to move on to something else to argue about... :D

I recall clearly???? that there was a Hawks Team meeting about Ferry and many of the guys felt "betrayed"... I don't know if that's the right word but they didn't feel comfortable.  The real question that should be at hand is not about Ferry's relationship with the fans (we have had asshole GMs before and Ferry was one) but how do the players feel about Ferry.  

Proof???  At least cite what you are referencing.

Carroll was also asked about general manager Danny Ferry, who took a leave absence from the team in September. Ferry, 48, made inflammatory comments about Luol Deng during a conference call, saying he “has a little African in him,” and that he’s “like a guy who would have a nice store out front and sell you counterfeit stuff out of the back.”

Carroll said the team does not have any ill-will toward Ferry. The comments he made was not good comments, but at the same time, everybody makes mistakes. I think the team will welcome him back with open arms.

Baller Mind Frame: How did you feel after you heard the tape of Danny Ferry? Did hearing him describe a player like that affect you and your feelings about staying on with the team any and do you think it will stop players from wanting to come here to play?

Paul Millsap: It didn’t effect my decision because I’m on the inside. I know the guys who are here. People on the outside looking in, they may base their decision off that. I hope not, because it’s a great group of guys here. Anyone should love playing here. For myself, I love these guys and I love being here.Danny has treated me with nothing but respect. We all know, he knows that he made a mistake. Whether he said it or not, I’m sure he regrets it. It’s not up to me to dictate another guys’ punishment. We all make mistakes. We all say some things that we’re not supposed to say.