• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks looking for a new GM

Vol4ever

Man y'all need to relax.  90% of the threads on this board the past few weeks have been about how many holes there were to fill on the roster.  Now we wanna sign the guy who built said roster to a lifetime contract?

Breaking news: There are capable GM candidates out there not named Ferry.  If the new owners go in a different direction it's not the end of life as we know it.

ETA: It's also not necessarily an indication that they caved to supposed PC pressure.

Edited by kg01

Man y'all need to relax.  90% of the threads on this board the past few weeks have been about how many holes there were to fill on the roster.  Now we wanna sign the guy who built said roster to a lifetime contract?

Breaking news: There are capable GM candidates out there not named Ferry.  If the new owners go in a different direction it's not the end of life as we know it.

ETA: It's also not necessarily an indication that they caved to supposed PC pressure.

Let's just say we don't exactly have a stellar track record.  With our luck we'll get Isiah Thomas and Billy Knight as co-GMs.

Let's just say we don't exactly have a stellar track record.  With our luck we'll get Isiah Thomas and Billy Knight as co-GMs.

I got no problem with that statement.  My answer would be that this current regime doesn't have any track record so there's no reason to fret ... yet.

Also (and I'll brace for impact on this one), other than moves that appeared to be motivated by owner pressure, Thomas wasn't a bad GM.  He actually drafted pretty well.

I know, I know I'll go duck and cover right now.

I got no problem with that statement.  My answer would be that this current regime doesn't have any track record so there's no reason to fret ... yet.

Also (and I'll brace for impact on this one), other than moves that appeared to be motivated by owner pressure, Thomas wasn't a bad GM.  He actually drafted pretty well.

I know, I know I'll go duck and cover right now.

No, he wasn't bad.  He was pathetic.

Uhhh where is the link to an actual reference?

I can't stand when someone posts a rumor without actually citing the source. Why the hell should anyone believe an internet message boarder on this?

• Premium Member

Anyone have a subscription to AJC? (If not, I can't really blame you.) Copy and paste?

Why not just buy the moron out?

Apparently with Gearon, it's not that easy. We're talking about someone who was willing to burn down his own investment just to get his way.

I can't stand when someone posts a rumor without actually citing the source. Why the hell should anyone believe an internet message boarder on this?

Many of us object to having to pay money to be able to read AJC articles.  The article is on the AJC website, but as far as I know, no one has access to it.

It's "premium content" on AJC.com, so you only get to read the first paragraph unless you pay.

Thing is - Bradley is notorious for saying something as semi-fact in that 1st paragraph (to get attention) then backing off later in the article.

I'll just wait for the new owner introductory presser and hear what they have to say when asked about DF.

Hey, it's the offseason.  Why miss a chance for a good ol' fashioned freak-out?

{No, not that kind of freak-out, @Spud2Nique.}

Many of us object to having to pay money to be able to read AJC articles. The article is on the AJC website, but as far as I know, no one has access to it.

I'm not even seeing a link to that myajc article. It's not like this is a hard concept, you go to the URL, highlight, control c, and then finish it off with control v.

I'm not picking on any one person in particular. This goes for everyone on the board who makes a reference to some report without linking to the report they saw. About the only time you can't link to it is if it was on the radio, but even then they usually put an audio clip on the website...

Man y'all need to relax. 90% of the threads on this board the past few weeks have been about how many holes there were to fill on the roster. Now we wanna sign the guy who built said roster to a lifetime contract?

Breaking news: There are capable GM candidates out there not named Ferry. If the new owners go in a different direction it's not the end of life as we know it.

So a crappy, hole-filled roster wins 60 games. I guess Bud must be a real life bonafide wizard then huh? How quickly we forget where we were a few years ago. Good GMs are few and far between. Just ask roughly 25 teams every year. In fact, just ask any one of our other GMs for the past 20 years. He wasn't perfect but respect it or not, his vision is a LARGE piece of our team's newfound success. We are not far off from being a major contender actually so no, we don't have major holes to fill. Just a couple of small ones.

• Like 3

Hey, it's the offseason. Why miss a chance for a good ol' fashioned freak-out?

It's along offseason, there'll be more than enough time to have several freakouts, lol.

Hey, it's the offseason. Why miss a chance for a good ol' fashioned freak-out?

I understand your POV but still think you are underestimating the possibility of a culture shift like many teams have when changing GMs. It happens a lot and I hope we don't take a step back.

Ferry did such a good job drafting Payne last year.

I'm more of a big picture kind of guy. I choose to see 60 wins for the first time in our history. You choose to see a failed draft pick. But yes, your statement is true. So it's got that going for it... Which is nice.