• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

ESPN's Arnovitz > Hawks need to shed Scott and Mack to keep Sap and DMC

sturt

• Premium Member

I don't get the love affair with Sap.  I don't get it.  I really really don't get it.  What am I missing?  Please fill me in.

I don't get the love affair with Sap.  I don't get it.  I really really don't get it.  What am I missing?  Please fill me in.

He's one of the most well-rounded PFs in the league. 

He does nothing great but he can do it all. Solid defender, rebounder, decent ballhandler and he's a versatile scorer.  He is also a team first player which you should not take for granted in this league.

Am I crazy for thinking Mack would be a perfect trade target for the Calfs in terms of getting a competent backup PG for when Kyme goes out with his yearly bruised vag injuries?

Too bad they don't have anything we want and we probably won't be looking to help them improve anyways.

• Moderators

If it boils down to it, DMC needs to be retained over Sap.

Am I crazy for thinking Mack would be a perfect trade target for the Calfs in terms of getting a competent backup PG for when Kyme goes out with his yearly bruised vag injuries?

Too bad they don't have anything we want and we probably won't be looking to help them improve anyways.

lmao I'd want Dirtydova in return so we can send him away to play in a Russian basement basketball league as payback.

• Premium Member

The Hawks would be absolutely out of their minds to gut the team to keep Millsap and DMC!  LA/Gasol are certainly better players than Millsap and possibly Monroe. While DMC is just a 3 and D player worth less than 8 mil per year

Edited by Peoriabird

• Premium Member

He's one of the most well-rounded PFs in the league. 

He does nothing great but he can do it all. Solid defender, rebounder, decent ballhandler and he's a versatile scorer.  He is also a team first player which you should not take for granted in this league.

I think everyone talks about his having added the 3 to his offense, but just as significantly, he has really lifted his defensive game into the statosphere of PFs in the league by most measures I've looked at.

• Like 1

I think everyone talks about his having added the 3 to his offense, but just as significantly, he has really lifted his defensive game into the statosphere of PFs in the league by most measures I've looked at.

He was top 3 in the league in defensive win shares for most of last season.

I don't agree with the original author. I think he's mistaken. However, moving Scott and Mack would free up about 6 Million.

However, my thing is

4 year 42 for DMC - NonBird.

4 year Max Early Bird for Sap.

In between, there's still enough room to make one more significant signing without moving Scott or Mack.

I'm missing something! Why doesn't DMC have early bird rights like Sap when they came to Atlanta the same year?

The Hawks would be absolutely out of their minds to gut the team to keep Millsap and DMC! LA/Gasol are certainly better players than Millsap and possibly Monroe. While DMC is just a 3 and D player worth less than 8 mil per year

3&D players are officially expensive in today's NBA

The CAVs are shopping Haywood's non guranteed contract ad the 24th pick for backup pg. maybe we can send them Mack??

We need to trade them Scott and Mack so we can free up that cap space! That way we can go after a top free agent and resign DMC and Sap using their early bird rights

Mack is no longer needed and I'm fine with going with moose as our back up 4 or 5