• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Vegas has 6 teams ahead of Hawks to win title

thescout5

I just saw the odds of winning the championship next year. Hawks are 7th on list to win it all. Is this a slap in the face to the Hawks? Doesn't Vegas realize the Hawks were injured in the playoffs? Is Vegas telling the Hawks you don't have enough talent to win it all? 

http://espn.go.com/chalk/story/_/id/13096380/las-vegas-likes-cleveland-cavaliers-winner-2016-finals

A slap in the face?? Vega

I just saw the odds of winning the championship next year. Hawks are 7th on list to win it all. Is this a slap in the face to the Hawks? Doesn't Vegas realize the Hawks were injured in the playoffs? Is Vegas telling the Hawks you don't have enough talent to win it all? 

http://espn.go.com/chalk/story/_/id/13096380/las-vegas-likes-cleveland-cavaliers-winner-2016-finals

Vegas saw Atlanta's small front line get SLAPPED UP during the playoffs.......so.........yes..............

• Like 2

Agreed.Who would have thought the Hawks would have made it to the finals. Then again I am sure there is some team or teams that will do the same as the Hawks and come out of nowhere to be difficult to beat. You cn't assume the Hawks will have the same kind of season. Miami,Indiana,Washington,maybe the Nets or some other team could be the Atlanta Hawks of 2015. This is why its critical to make the right decisions. The teams with staying power know this and add talent and if they feel there is a need to change one of their major parts they find a way. 

• Like 2

Agreed.Who would have thought the Hawks would have made it to the finals. Then again I am sure there is some team or teams that will do the same as the Hawks and come out of nowhere to be difficult to beat. You cn't assume the Hawks will have the same kind of season. Miami,Indiana,Washington,maybe the Nets or some other team could be the Atlanta Hawks of 2015. This is why its critical to make the right decisions. The teams with staying power know this and add talent and if they feel there is a need to change one of their major parts they find a way.

Did you say the Nets?

Did you say the Nets?

Yeah, he may want to edit that one out.  Overall he was making a really valid point until then.

Hope we don't try to stand pat this offseason.  Gotta keep adding talent and upgrading.

Considering that we may lose both Millsap and Carroll, 20 - 1 odds is pretty good. That's 3rd amongst the East teams.

We were a very mediocre team from early March until the end of the playoffs. Blame that on whatever you want, but we were average.

Hawks had a great season, but a very disappointing end to the playoffs. If anything, people should ask why the Bulls are at 12 - 1. Then again, they did play the Cavs tougher than we did in the playoffs.

• Like 4

The only 3 players that have played in 8 consecutive playoff series in the Eastern Conference, are Lebron James, Paul Pierce .... and Joe Johnson.

Can't count those guys out.

That may be true but I think that streak ends next year. The Bets are screwed because of their payroll and lack heart. Seems like D Will and Joe Johnson can't last an entire season. I think the Nets are going to the lottery next year for sure.

The only 3 players that have played in 8 consecutive playoff series in the Eastern Conference, are Lebron James, Paul Pierce .... and Joe Johnson.

I will. That team's best shot barely got in as an 8th seed and that's with the Pacers and the Heat trying desperately to give it them. And they're a year older and won't likely get any help in the draft (they'll be sending Boston draft picks until we are in flying cars) or free agency (paying a ton of luxury tax as is and isn't Thaddeus and Brook Lopez free agents?). They're going to baaaaaaaddddddd..... Edited by Dejay

I ain't mad. They had us winning it all in January, that period report is based on much more information than this one. It is actually a sign of increased respect: NO and Houston both have MVP candidates with the same odds as us. I'll never get the fascination with the Clippers, and the rumors of Wade to Cleveland are heating so there's that.

Catch me on Opening Night when everyone's roster is set and ready to go, we'll creep up a couple spots.

Edited by benhillboy

• Moderators

Ok.  My brain is fried but I'm not understanding what this means.   Hasn't Horford played in more than that?  What am i missing?

Ok. My brain is fried but I'm not understanding what this means. Hasn't Horford played in more than that? What am i missing?

Al's injuries prevented him from doing that.

OK throw the Nets out but you get my point its not a lock with all of Atlanta's starters coming back that they'll be as good and other teams could enter the picture and have an Atlanta type yr next year. Can't stand still but the biggest question is how to get better. Either you bring in a major player or tweek what you have. I just don't get the Hawks at crunch time no one wanted to lead the team and take big shots.Teague finally ended up doing it but wasn't always clutch. Injured or not how is this going to change in the future. Maybe Schröder develops a jump shot,and some other players magically find the clutch gene but I wouldn't count on it.

60 wins in reg season is impressive but how do you take the next step with the same lineup? the Cavs defense smothered the Hawks in the playoffs. How can the Hawks offset this type of defense. They have no low post game and rely on jump shots. Golden State won vs the Cavs but they have better players and a deeper bench.I think even with a healthy Hawks team it will be difficult to get back to the ECF.   Hawks need to find the next Draymond Green, Leonard of the Spurs. Those players are few and far between but they can be found.Sean (Shawn) Livingston seemed to come out of nowhere and play well.Yes I realize Livingston had loads of potential entering the league but the point is he found himself in Golden State. Whoever is the next GM of the Hawks needs to up his game if ever the Hawks hope to get a title.