• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Biggest shot in Atlanta Hawks History?

Diesel

• Premium Member

Just thinking about this greatest season in our history and here's the question...

Is the Horford game winning putback against the Wizards the biggest shot in Atlanta Hawks history?

We were expected to beat the Wiz by the majority I guess, so I gotta go with Joe's step-back three in the first round loss against Boston. Rich tradition we have.

The prettiest has got to be Jamal's bomb from three to win in Phoenix. High arc art.

• Like 1

I think it has to be.

Without that shot, we go to Washington down 3 - 2, and are in great jeopardy to lose that series. The Horford put back gave us cushion going into Game 6, and relaxed that team a little.

Although you could make a HUGE CASE for DeMarre's layup to put us up 4 in Game 6. His 2 layups in the final minute of that game were arguably the 2 most important offensive sequences in franchise history. We needed execution on BOTH of those possessions, and Jeff and DeMarre delivered.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises
  • Like 1

We were expected to beat the Wiz by the majority I guess, so I gotta go with Joe's step-back three in the first round loss against Boston. Rich tradition we have.

The prettiest has got to be Jamal's bomb from three to win in Phoenix. High arc art.

Jamal had a more important shot that people forget about. Game 3 vs Orlando ... Hawks up by 1 ... Jamal get the ball up top and has to shoot before the shot clock runs down.

God KNOWS that I'm not a fan of this dude and his horrible shot selection, but I was at this game and if it wasn't the biggest shot in franchise history, it was one of the more dramatic shots in Hawks playoff history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opiM8cXZN8s

I specifically remember how the crowd felt as we left our seats and headed for the exits. There was glee everywhere. People were high fiving strangers. After what Orlando did to us a season earlier, winning that game was a huge moment for that team.

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises

• Premium Member

I don't think we had the crowd participation this year like we had when Joe and the guys played Boston.

Jamal had a more important shot that people forget about. Game 3 vs Orlando ... Hawks up by 1 ... Jamal get the ball up top and has to shoot before the shot clock runs down.

God KNOWS that I'm not a fan of this dude and his horrible shot selection, but I was at this game and if it wasn't the biggest shot in franchise history, it was one of the more dramatic shots in Hawks playoff history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opiM8cXZN8s

I specifically remember how the crowd felt as we left our seats and headed for the exits. There was glee everywhere. People were high fiving strangers. After what Orlando did to us a season earlier, winning that game was a huge moment for that team.

I don't even remember much about that series besides it was boring and we controlled it. The media didn't want any parts of us beating Dwight at the height of his popularity starting Gayson Collins.

People sleep on the job Drew did that year to come back after the debacle the year before against Orlando and push all the right buttons after Woodrow pulled all the wrong ones. The rosters weren't terribly different were they?

I would hope Bud, who's a great historian, would go back and watch some film from those two series to see the adjustments he could possibly make next time around with LeBron. Same concept really besides LeBron's IQ and passing is infinitely greater, no biggie.

Edited by benhillboy