• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Should we be looking at Howard in the draft?

Admin

Obviously with him being a PF in the pros and Reef being our dominator there, I am wondering what we should do. I think Howard is definitely the guy we should take and probably look to either move Reef to SF or trade him for a player and picks. What do you guys think? I know its early still, but honestly I think we are the worst team in the league and unless the lottery screws us we will have the top overall pick.

• Premium Member

I think Howard could be a Sf. He has doesn't have a strong low post game but his game is perimeter based. It's the mark of these young players. Position variable. Like James playing PG. I think if we get Howard we play him at Sf.

I think the other player we should look at is:

of course Okafur and Ha Seung Jin.

• Premium Member

I agree on Howard..

I like Okafur over Podkolzine.

I have a fear with Podklolzine and Jin because of their feet. Men that big (especially foriegn men) have trouble with their feet...

But get Howard or Okafur.

I'm not shy about Okafur. He's not a great low post scorer yet, but he has awesome timing and will be one of the better shot blockers/positional defenders. In time, he might become Jermaine Oneal like (if he can develop his offense for a season or two).

I would also like to trade a player we have now, for an opportunity at a second pick in the middle of the draft...

I like Ricky Paulding (Stop smiling KB). I think this kid will be a sleeper. He reminds me of Marion in the way that he exhibits his athletic ability. If not him then Jameer Nelson. Another guy who may slip.

In the second round, I like Luke Jackson and Chris Duhon. I think Duhon will go in the first though. I also like Victor Krhypa, I thought we would draft him last year.

Play

You seem to Think Diaw's niche is at 2guard..so ... really, I'm not sure where Diaw would be best, he is so versatile, but we could draft the best PLAYER to fill the 1 or 3 positions, then fill the other one via FA. How about that? and if we have another mid 1st round pick use it to pick up a role player to come off the bench, preferably a backup center.

I wouldn't be so sure about us getting the 1 overall pick just because we are playing bad now. You have to remember our schedule is always rough the first 3months of the season it seems the last 2months are better and we seem to make up ground in those months. You also have to remember that teams like the Orlando Magic and Cleveland will start tanking games when they know they have no legit shot at making the playoffs. Cleveland could have won more games last year but they wanted Lebron so bad the played like us for the last 2months of the season. No one can tell me they didn't try to lose those games because they could have did better. They have a better overall talent than us. This organization wants to be honest but honesty isn't always the best policy. Sometimes winning at any cost is the way to go or in this case losing at any cost.

I'm hearing something about an additional mid-1st pick..do we have another 1st rounder this year? where's it from? i thought the philly pick wasn't for a couple of years..

if we do end up with say a #1or 2 and a mid-1st, i say look at positions of need...

we need a point guard or center(to replace either theo or terry{if traded or moved to sg}) and a SF. so to me it looks like the top pick would probably be the SF cuz that's where the best talent is for that pick/position... the mid-1st could go for the point or center...jameer nelson, padlovine(msspld), mccants, etc..i think one or all of these or comparable players will still be there..

the padlovi*&^%$ guy intrigues me but he also scares me because he shot up the charts so quickly last year when he hadn't played that much.. the yao ming factor came in and everyone bit..could be a manute bol(but better of course)..then again his size and potential strength is tempting. but i'd take him with a mid1st IF he was still there.