• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Uniforms have been leaked!

ATLHawks3

I have mixed feelings about these.  I just wish they had gone with a day-glow yellow instead of that weird yellow-ish green-ish color.

The triangles are a bit busy and would have been better if they were kept to only part of the jersey, like they are on the shorts.

• Like 1

With the addition of the Volt coloring, ATL goes from the Highlight Factory to the HIGHLIGHTER Factory.

Ok, I see what you did there, gave me a good sensible chuckle.

himZD0M.gif

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Moderators

I think they'll regret that color in a couple years.   So what are our colors now?  Red, black, and highlighter?  Can't wait to see the border of the court redone in neon.

(all and all i don't mind the unis so much but i'm more of a traditionalist)

Which players are around town to show off the unveiled jerseys? The Tour De Baze is underway in town, so Baze seems like a no-brainer, but who else? Sap's still floating around, but he and the other free agents aren't likely to be there. Safe to assume Thabo won't be walking the runway. Is Dennis still in town? Scottie? Jeff? Al? Moose?

~lw3

Dennis is in Germany. He attended the German Finals.

• Like 1

Which players are around town to show off the unveiled jerseys? The Tour De Baze is underway in town, so Baze seems like a no-brainer, but who else? Sap's still floating around, but he and the other free agents aren't likely to be there. Safe to assume Thabo won't be walking the runway. Is Dennis still in town? Scottie? Jeff? Al? Moose?

~lw3

A bottomless Koonin? I don't know what's wrong with me :-(

I'm 44 and have always liked minimalism/tradition. Still like the new unis. They symbolize a new direction, forward thinking, trend-setting. They snap/pop/zing. They do all this why still incorporating the old colors (white, red, black) and the redesigned Pacman logo, a nod to Hawks history. They do look a bit "International", a direction the NBA is taking anyway. My 16 year old son loves them. If you think Koonin doesn't know marketing, look into millennials and specifically their sheer numbers and buying trends/preferences. As well as the international players trend. Multi millions of fans. With Hartsfield/Jackson, the Olympics, global biz headquarters, etc Atlanta coins itself an "International City." See Porsche, Mercedes, Phillips, so forth. Koonin's a frikkin' genius, glad he's at the helm instead of some of us. These will be a huge success...

Boiled down/summarized: Forward (from perennial 2nd round losses, no free agents, dysfunctional ownership, GM controversy, etc), not backward. Millennial (larger numbers than baby boomers) appeal. International feel. New, with nod to old.  

• Premium Member

So no one's caught on yet? Clearly the franchise is moving to Seattle now.

The lime green is included so as to tie in with the other Hawks' identity.

Kidding, kidding. I don't mind them I guess. Waiting for the all-volt version although that might be ... re-volt-ing.

I'm here all week folks. Tip your waiters.

Yikes. Hadn't thought of that yet.

• Premium Member

I don't like any of those at all.

That Mountain Dew color is nasty.

clint-eastwood-disgusted-gif.gif

Jennifer-Lawrence-Makes-Gross-Face.gif

Like the legendary Ms. Molly Hatchet once said as she was flirtin with disaster... "It ain't for everybody."

I don't like any of those at all.

That Mountain Dew color is nasty.

clint-eastwood-disgusted-gif.gif

Jennifer-Lawrence-Makes-Gross-Face.gif

Adding the gif of Cuba jr when he see's Simon's face in the hospital in "as good as it gets" might fit well with these 2 as well.

• Moderators

I'm just glad the common person would be able to tell us apart from the Washington Wizards in a series now. Because watching that series from a jerseys standpoint was the real travesty

And this was my biggest issue with being red, white, and navy. We blended in instead of standing out. Wizards, Sixers, Clippers, Pistons... All red, white, and blue. Now we are the only team with our color scheme of red, black, and volt. Very original.
  • Like 2