• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Uniforms have been leaked!

ATLHawks3

Which players are around town to show off the unveiled jerseys? The Tour De Baze is underway in town, so Baze seems like a no-brainer, but who else? Sap's still floating around, but he and the other free agents aren't likely to be there. Safe to assume Thabo won't be walking the runway. Is Dennis still in town? Scottie? Jeff? Al? Moose?

~lw3

The new owners can't possibly miss the opportunity to show off their corporate physiques.

owners.jpg

• Like 2

• Moderators

I actually like these and the triangles in particular better than I thought I would.  Granted, I thought the triangles would be a total disaster but my first reaction is that they aren't as bad as I feared.

I'm not a fan of the black uniforms at all or the harvey birdman belt buckles on them.  

Overall I am more positive on them than @Sothron!

• Like 1

• Moderators

The Twitter reactions to Deadspin's reactions (and the reactions to those reactions, in turn) kind of says it all. It's polarizing. And polarizing >>> boring.

Koonin knows exactly what he's doing. I remember one mistaken reaction of mine in particular: "Who TF is this Conan O'Brien? He won't last two weeks! Boo! Bring back Letterman!" "Letterman" folks hate it... and that's part of what sells it.

~lw3

• Like 2

• Moderators

CIQ0jIpWoAA9YiA.jpg

My fuss is with the "ATL" lettering, and not just because the "T" and the "L" do nothing for me: without the volt outline they look like afterthoughts. The "A" looks nothing like the "A' in the new primary wordmark. It ought to be consistent.

The TimeWarner-era "A" at least gave the impression of a hawk beak in the penetrating silhouette. This "A" looks like somebody tried to make a skin-flick out of The Lego Movie. There's some logic that went into picking this "A" for the "ATL," and I'm curious to hear some of it.

~lw3

A lot of hilarious comments in this thread but I want to make sure this one is not overlooked.   I yield to the gentleman from I.T.P.

• Like 1

And last bit of "detective work" on the uniforms. If you notice, the merchandise says that the Hawks were "established 1948" https://cmgajcatlantahawks.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/uniforms.pdf

OK that is fine, that is when the Tri-City Blackhawks formed. But when you look at the Todd Foreman letter to Danny Ferry, you can see that on the Hawks official footer they note "Member since 1968."

post-781-0-21888900-1435155791_thumb.png

(1968 was the move to Atlanta)

It's just odd to me.

"Retro futuristic" is a perfect description, Millennials eat that up. I'm surprised I love them too. Koonin making big waves with this, and no other NBA unis are remotely similar to these.

• Premium Member

I actually like these and the triangles in particular better than I thought I would.  Granted, I thought the triangles would be a total disaster but my first reaction is that they aren't as bad as I feared.

I'm not a fan of the black uniforms at all or the harvey birdman belt buckles on them.  

I don't understand how anyone can like random shapes thrown randomly on a jersey. I guess the Falcons need to add hexagons to their jerseys.

I actually like these and the triangles in particular better than I thought I would. Granted, I thought the triangles would be a total disaster but my first reaction is that they aren't as bad as I feared.

Yeah, ol' @Sothron is on a rampage. Who woulda thought a guy without a cellphone would hate something new? (hehe, just messin' witcha Soth. Don't task me bro)

The new unis are kinda growing on me. Can't wait to see the volt - colored lane in Philips.

Edited by kg01

• Premium Member

Anybody that hates these jerseys are just stuck in the 80's. Why blend in and be normal when you can stand out and be original. The Hawks FINALLY have jerseys to be proud of.

This has to be sarcasm.

Yeah, ol' @Sothron is on a rampage. Who woulda thought a guy without a cellphone would hate something new? (hehe, just messin' withca Soth. Don't task me bro)

The new unis are kinda growing on me. Can't wait to see the volt - colored lane in Philips.

Yeah, ol' @Sothron is on a rampage. Who woulda thought a guy without a cellphone would hate something new? (hehe, just messin' withca Soth. Don't task me bro)

Oh, I can take a dig. I just can't take Atlanta Atlanta Triangles in bright Sharpie colors.

Not joking when I said earlier if I might not be able to watch the team any longer. Those jerseys are that bad.

The more I see them, the more I like them. I do think the triangles are going to be very interesting to see on TV. Given Koonen's background, I strongly suspect, the jerseys are designed for the TV/on-line viewing audience.

Honestly, I like the triangles, its the day-glow/volt that i'm not a fan of. However, volt is the color of the millineals.

• Moderators

I don't understand how anyone can like random shapes thrown randomly on a jersey. I guess the Falcons need to add hexagons to their jerseys.

I don't love it but it is less disruptive than I anticipated.  That makes it much more tolerable for me.  That may be one reason I don't like the black uniforms - they seem all about the triangles to me in a way that the white and red aren't.  

I like the white jersey.

The red jersey has way too much neon yellow for my taste.

The black jersey is just plain hideous..........and I'm a fan black alternate jerseys.

I'm guessing the neon yellow will have a nice effect with black lights during pregame introductions.

Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

I don't love it but it is less disruptive than I anticipated.  That makes it much more tolerable for me.  That may be one reason I don't like the black uniforms - they seem all about the triangles to me in a way that the white and red aren't.  

It is nothing but random triangles. If a new person didn't know our team name they would honestly think we were the Atlanta Atlanta Triangles. There's literally nothing else on the jersey but a needless repeating of the city name and triangles. Because, you know, when you think of Atlanta or Hawks the FIRST THING that leaps to mind is ...triangles.

Edited by Sothron