• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Tim Hardaway Jr is a Hawk

ATLHawks3

• Moderators

Well he scored 23 points against us second to last game of the season. I hope the reasoning behind this transaction is more than that :laugh:

http://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400579497

THJ pumping in 23 points on 17 shots on a night where Langston Galloway scored 26 on 12 shots is our ray of sunshine.

Faith No More- Land of Sunshine - YouTube

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n3TrvhsrYs

http://youtu.be/9n3TrvhsrYs

Edited by AHF

Sigh. Well the overall opinion by all the very vocal dissenters that have not liked any draft pick, signing or trade made in the last 3 years only gives me hope because the team has just coincidentally always exceeded their expectations.

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Conventional wisdom trumpeted the depth of this draft.

Well, kinda both. From what I read, it was deep in terms of anticipated contributors, but then, shallow in terms of impact players. Methinks when we couldn't decipher a way to get up to the impact players, the decision was made to leverage #15 into something we could be certain would be an asset next season.

• Moderators

Well, kinda both. From what I read, it was deep in terms of anticipated contributors, but then, shallow in terms of impact players. Methinks when we couldn't decipher a way to get up to the impact players, the decision was made to leverage #15 into something we could be certain would be an asset next season.

Ooh! We got something more than no D, struggled scoring THJ?

And this is the best we could get? I would rather have Tim Hardaway Sr!

• Like 3

• Premium Member

From NBC Sports:

As for Hardaway, he could be a nice young rotation piece for Atlanta — he’s a capable defender who averaged 11.5 points in 24 minutes per contest for the Knicks last season, and while his shooting percentage took a dip to just 38.9 percent in his second season, he could very well have much more open looks while playing in Atlanta’s motion-heavy, equal opportunity offense.

Not a bad haul for Atlanta, especially when considering how desperately they lacked consistent scoring from their bench unit all season long. And, Hardaway’s salary for next season ($1.3 million) is less than what the Hawks would have had to pay the 15th overall pick ($1.54 million), so the deal winds up looking pretty shrewd from Atlanta’s standpoint, as the team will need as much cap space as possible to attempt to re-sign Paul Millsap and DeMarre Carroll in free agency this summer.

If the Hawks said, 15 is for sale, give us your best offer, does anyone here actually think THJ would have been our best option? 

And this is the best we could get? I would rather have Tim Hardaway Sr!

Kill me. 

• Premium Member

Ooh! We got something more than no D, struggled scoring THJ?

Not going to get me to oversell this. I did think the pick would probably merit something better. But there's little question that THjr will go into the season as part of the rotation. Can't say that with near the same certainty for anyone we would have drafted... particularly given Bud's seeming heartburn with playing rookies at all. How this pick looks in 2017 is the bigger question mark to me.

Brown, Brooks, Bud. Which of those 3 has the most rings? Which of those 3 has the highest winning percentage? Which of those 3 won COY in only their 2nd year? Which of those 3 convinced Pop to trade his favorite player George Hill for Kawhi Leonard? Just stop, you're making yourself look silly...

How many titles has Bud won as a head coach again?

Just as many as Brown and Brooks... Yeah, I know... He has only been a head coach for two years. But you just had to mention Bud's "rings".

Woodson also won a "ring".

Yeah, we get it... He got Pop to trade Hill.

Who is going to get Bud to get rid of his favorite players that aren't that great (*cough* Pero)?

He's young, has never been on a playoff team, and obviously has room for improvement. There's no reason why Bud would trade the 19th pick of he didn't think THJ couldn't improve in our system. During the course of my fandom of Basketball, I've learned that no player is perfect. However, I've also learned that great coaching can improve a players skill set. Give it time folks. Let's see this guy suit up for us before we can judge.

Cavs got 31,36, and a 2nd for 24. 

Thats better than what we got. 

Hawks would have stashed slightly better players. Same stuff different numbers. Hawks clearly only wanted booker as evidence by a c viv tweet. Once he was gone they tanked the draft for FA

Hawks would have stashed slightly better players. Same stuff different numbers. Hawks clearly only wanted booker as evidence by a c viv tweet. Once he was gone they tanked the draft for FA

Yes. Same stuff. Except they traded 24 and we traded 15. 

Would you be okay selling your Lexus for the same price that someone sold their daewoo? lol

Well, I loved the trade back for assets since we had no direct need for a project SF with a higher 1st year pay in a year where we could lose Paul or Carrol because of 1 mil in starting salary. (Stupid early bird)

However, I hate trading the $1.5 mil slot 19th for a $1.5 mil THJ. That being said, Bud sees something he likes, and given his development of some low level salary players in this offense, Baz, Carroll, and Scott most notably, guys who contribute well beyond their contract rates compared to players in the league earning 4-5 times what they do, I will give him some credit here and hold my tongue for 2 years. Let's be real about what we did here though, we traded 4 years of control over Grant or another quality pick for 2 of THJ. If he scores 7-8 per game on 50% shooting or 40% for 3 it will be a big backcourt lift for a playoff team. If not, we just flushed away 2 straight 1st picks.