• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Official Hawks Summer League Thread

NBASupes

I don't get thediscrepancy. This just came straight off the nba.com website.

I just assumed you were ridin dirty in the west coast with PAC n Dre

I've noticed Moser's barely played... and he was a stats king last year for the SL Celtics, or so I thought.

He's a scrub without a position for us. Think about this, Spurs fans are happy about Bogan signing when he played for our SL team a couple years ago sucks.

Hadn't seen this before now and thought it was interesting.

I think we all assumed we've been poking around for another wing player, but interesting to see comfirmation from a player that we actually were involved with. Shows that perhaps we aren't content to go into the season with what we currently have. At least not if there is a moderate upgrade available for the right price - yeah, I guess we could always say that about every position. But he ended up signing for more than our $2.8m Room exception.

Edited by RandomFan

• Premium Member

General observation... of the guys accumulating minutes, I'm thinking they're all showing progress as of today's game... at least, no one's going backwards.

And for all my grousing about the lack of a point guard retarding the team's performance, there's a sense in which it's good to see Patterson getting minutes playing PG--I can imagine that they'd like to see him develop enough to replace Mack at some point.

I thought Edy blowing the dunk may have been a positive in disguise... I think being able to smile about it and laugh at himself almost immediately loosened him up.

Depends, Random... that contact may or may not have occurred before Holiday signed, right? Anderson doesn't say.

It looks like Anderson agreed to sign with WAS on the 7th, then Holiday agreed to sign with us on the 8th. That suggests Holiday was the fallback option for us, however that is just speculation. 

Of course it could have been that we wanted both, who knows.

And for all my grousing about the lack of a point guard retarding the team's performance, there's a sense in which it's good to see Patterson getting minutes playing PG--I can imagine that they'd like to see him develop enough to replace Mack at some point.

That is an interesting thought. He could work himself into that combo-guard position we've been speculating about, which would allow us to part with Mack. And use that salary and roster spot on a true wing player.

This is a high quality and informative thread. I was gonna say it's a "good ass thread" but that's like setting up a tee for you-know-who.

Really wished we could've snagged Anderson for that one year even though he's more 2 than 3. He would've had his best season for sure with us, but playing next to Wall ain't a bad consolation.

Anyway, even though I seen the score and stat line 20 times I'm still gonna check out the 4:00 am telecast. I'm loving Gottleib calling the games almost as much as D'Angelo Russell stinking up the joint.

Edited by benhillboy