• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

The Official Hawks Summer League Thread

NBASupes

• Premium Member

He does answer a need IF it's the conclusion of Budcox to have Korver (and thus, give more minutes to the three other SGs at the 2) and Scott play back-up minutes at the 3. Given the Holiday signing, things seem to be adding up to that, anyhow.

Found this from March: http://articles.philly.com/2015-03-27/sports/60520911_1_minnesota-timberwolves-coach-brett-brown-andrew-wiggins

He's got to be extra hungry at this point.

• Premium Member

Player                         Points      FG%     3point %    Rebounds    Blocks

Bobby Portis                23          9/14         3/4                7                 1

A. Payne                      16           6/12         3/5                9                 0

M Muscala                   8             3/12         0/3               6                  1

E Tavares                     4             2/6           0/0               5                  2

Bobby was my guy; I'm still dumbfounded that we passed on him. I've got to think they liked him, but felt like we had to many developing bigs already. We will regret that decision. I would take him over Muscala and Mike Scott today. I watched an interview with the Bulls GM and they were shocked he was still available; they didn't even need a big but felt like he was too talented to pass up.

• Like 2

As someone who been on to him since last year, he is the perfect developmental SF prospect for us. Been my #1 developmental SF for awhile. It seems like Holiday is either the backup or the starter at SF for us. @sturt, you will get your wish with Thabo. I think it can have a negative stance but I am willing to give it a chance since Wilson just signed for 4 additional years in Denver.

• Premium Member

I've been asking some Philly and Minny fans today why they think their clubs gave up on him seemingly so quickly for a relatively high 2nd round pick... other than the fact that he didn't wow anyone, there's seemingly no startling revelations to be had. I hope he shows us something to like over the next few days. He's maybe a half-inch to an inch shorter than I'd like, but has adequate SF frame/weight, so if he could even just come in and show up as a good defensive asset, I think you've gotta find a way to sign him and start developing him.

Edited by sturt

I've been asking some Philly and Minny fans today why they think their clubs gave up on him seemingly so quickly for a relatively high 2nd round pick... other than the fact that he didn't wow anyone, there's seemingly no startling revelations to be had. I hope he shows us something to like over the next few days. He's maybe a half-inch to an inch shorter than I'd like, but has adequate SF frame/weight, so if he could even just come in and show up as a good defensive asset, I think you've gotta find a way to sign him and start developing him.

As someone who watched him with Philly. I can say that Philly is going in a different direction. They are acquiring assets and seeing who produces at a high level. In all fairness, GRIII is a 12th-15th man at this stage and doesn't really fit teams like Minny or Philly who do not run an offense. I seen quite a few Philly fans who were higher on Robinson than some of there other players who are more consistent like Hollis Thompson.

GRIII is 6'7 with potential to play at 235 and is 225 right now. His height/weight/length/athleticism is great for a SF and always has been. That's not the issue with GRIII. I have high hopes for him. He needs development though.

Edited by NBASupes

Let's keep it real about Summer League though. The ballers and 1st round draft picks are supposed to excel in Summer League. If they don't, that's usually a red flag. ( Acie Law, Shelden Williams, etc )

In Summer League, whatever is your strength, should be showcased without much problem. Even Mike Scott and John Jenkins were able to showcase their strengths as players in Summer League.

So for a guy like Tavares, I'm only looking at if he can rebound and be a rim protector on defense. If he couldn't do this in Summer League, I'll have major concerns of he can contribute this season.

• Like 1