• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Forget ceiling and floor... what do you consider to be a REALISTIC potential comparable SG, past or present, to Hardaway Jr?

sturt

I'm gonna go with Dan Majerle. Both around 6'6", both shoot the ball well from distance but are athletic enough to have some fancy dunks. Neither can create many shots for themselves. Majerle has the edge overall, but THJr is only entering his 3rd year in the league, so he's got many years ahead of him to develop. That's the best comparison I could come up with.

I'm gonna go with Dan Majerle. Both around 6'6", both shoot the ball well from distance but are athletic enough to have some fancy dunks. Neither can create many shots for themselves. Majerle has the edge overall, but THJr is only entering his 3rd year in the league, so he's got many years ahead of him to develop. That's the best comparison I could come up with.

I'd be happy with Thunder Dan 2.0!

I think the change in the NBA scouting changed the game for Majerle, Finley types. With scouting reports being so advanced, you can really gameplan for these players. 

• Like 1

I've always been a big fan of THJ. I think he has a chance to be an All-Star in the right system which is us. Not this year but in a few years. I like his mentality. If people want to judge him from playing on a terrible Knicks team then so be it. He has the skill and the talent to get better. I believe that Bud knows exactly what he is doing.

• Moderators

I am astounded by the multiple All-Star comparisons on here.  Thunder Dan, Michael Finley??  Wow.  I would be thrilled with this trade if I saw them as comparables.

Marco Belinelli is my comparison.  Around 10 points a game, 40% from 3pt range, and questionable defense with subpar rebounding.

• Admin

If he can hit the three with some consistency and play some D then I will be happy ... I think Marco Belinelli is a pretty good comparison right now but maybe down the road it can be a Danny Green

Edited by capstone21

• Moderators

Cuttino Mobley. Think I spelled his name correctly, been a minute since he last played.

I'd be thrilled if he was that good.  Mobley averaged around 20 ppg at a near .540TS% for a few years.

I haven't seen him play except the few times he played the Hawks, and I didn't pay his actual game much attention, so hard for me to say.

Have you guys really seen his game or followed him that closely or are you guys doing a Jalen comparison special? Lol.

Speaking of Jalen he was horrible, he tries too hard.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

I'd be thrilled if he was that good.  Mobley averaged around 20 ppg at a near .540TS% for a few years.

He also gave up just as much if not more on defense. Hence why Barkley infamously called him "instant offense for both teams" and that stuck for his entire career.