• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Forget ceiling and floor... what do you consider to be a REALISTIC potential comparable SG, past or present, to Hardaway Jr?

sturt

No, in Atlanta we play a lot of 2 handle guards set....problem being that when Korver was at the 2, he couldn't really fill that role.

Yup, I think people even forget that Bud would use Thabo as a poing forward. I remember this clearly because I don't think I ever saw him dribble the ball in OKC for anything more than .0004 seconds before Durant was demanding it or Russy stealing it from him Carlton style. Watching him display such an advance handle and initiating the O off of a rebound or dribble drive really surprised me.

Also, part of Bazemore's appeal was that Golden State attempted to groom him into a backup PG as a means to find anyway they could get his defensive intensity on the court with their stacked wing rotation. I can't remember if he was the starter or a backup in that one emergency game but it's always good to have multiple weapons on a roster that can handle the ball even if it doesn't result in a shot opportunity for themselves. It definitely isn't cause to say "good bye, player X" any time a guy can even moderately duplicate their ability or position.

I believe THJ ceiling is Aaron Afflalo. A borderline starter whom even if he's starting your always looking to upgrade him. His floor is what he is now; it's like we bought a run down starter home at full price and now we are trying to flip it. Budcox needs to pay more attention when they are watching A&E; the point of the show is to buy low, fix using minimal funds, then sell high. I know that show has a hard plot line to follow, so I thought I would break it down.

• Moderators

I believe THJ ceiling is Aaron Afflalo. A borderline starter whom even if he's starting your always looking to upgrade him. His floor is what he is now; it's like we bought a run down starter home at full price and now we are trying to flip it. Budcox needs to pay more attention when they are watching A&E; the point of the show is to buy low, fix using minimal funds, then sell high. I know that show has a hard plot line to follow, so I thought I would break it down.

I hope you are right that last season was his floor.

I think the important piece of missing information here is the guy is only 23. Most players don't even begin to peak until 25-28.  Consider Teague who is 4 years older than THjr. Teague's first year in the league he shot 39.6%, played 10 minutes a game and averaged 3.2 points.

Both THjr and Teague entered the league at the same age and Hardaway's numbers are far and away better during the first 2 years. I'm more than willing to wait and see the player he is in 2 years.

• Premium Member

Otoh, I think we have to concede that it's not a good sign when a player regresses in his sophomore year.

Truly, though, I think it's hard for him to be in a better situation in terms of his long-term development. Yeah, I'm drunk on Bud that way. ;)