• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Forget ceiling and floor... what do you consider to be a REALISTIC potential comparable SG, past or present, to Hardaway Jr?

sturt

• Moderators

He also gave up just as much if not more on defense. Hence why Barkley infamously called him "instant offense for both teams" and that stuck for his entire career.

Agreed.  And I would be thrilled if he was truly instant offense for us of that caliber.  

• Moderators

I hope he can be Wesley Matthews.

He has to work on his defense though.

I would be thrilled with Matthews.

So many comps on this thread would be great.  I have no confidence he will approach those comps but they would be great.

I wish he would be anything close to a poor-man's Finley or Eddie J., I loved both of those guys. I think he's much more athletic than Majerle or Willie Anderson.

Thunder Dan was pretty freakin athletic. Hence, the thunder...lol

I am astounded by the multiple All-Star comparisons on here. Thunder Dan, Michael Finley?? Wow. I would be thrilled with this trade if I saw them as comparables.

Marco Belinelli is my comparison. Around 10 points a game, 40% from 3pt range, and questionable defense with subpar rebounding.

If you look at their size, abilities and stats for the first 2 years..they are pretty similar. Of course, thunder Dan improved each year and was pretty good by 93, when they played the Bulls in the finals. His 5th or 6th season I believe. To me it also seems comparable because neither set their teammates up too well or have great rebounding numbers.

I hope he can be Wesley Matthews.

He has to work on his defense though.

I like this comparison. Neither are uber athletic, but shooting the ball and good fundamental defense do not require that. The Danny Green comparisons are fair too.

• Moderators

I like this comparison. Neither are uber athletic, but shooting the ball and good fundamental defense do not require that. The Danny Green comparisons are fair too.

Lot to live up to in order to bring THJ's career TS% into the .577% range of Matthews, let alone the plus defense Matthews has played.

Edited by AHF
  • Like 1

Lot to live up to in order to bring THJ's career TS% into the .577% range of Matthews, let alone the plus defense Matthews has played.

A rookie who played just as bad against NCAA competition will have a hard time too. There's no guarantees but I trust what we have done so far and I do not like this draft class once Booker and company were gone at 13.

Every time I looked up at a made pick last night I got sadder lol

• Premium Member

You do realize THJ was almost literally the worst defensive shooting guard in the NBA the last two years? As opposed to Matthews who is one of the better?

It is like saying Teague reminds you of Magic Johnson because, you know, reasons.

• Like 2

It is like saying Teague reminds you of Magic Johnson because, you know, reasons.

Saying Teague in his 2nd year reminds me of Magic Johnson is nothing like comparing Hardaway to Wesley or Green. Please man don't go off the deep end here.

Now saying a 2nd year Teague reminds me of Vinnie, The Microwave, Johnson is something I could have said; or even Jet. But never Magic lol

I always thought Teague had the skills to score; he turned into a much better distributor than what I first saw in him when he was drafted.

Edited by Buzzard