• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tiago Splitter traded to hawks

GrimeyKidd

Yeah....of course he had the luxury of playing by Duncan his whole career and without any doubt Duncan made his life easy but with two all star power forwards by his side though they aren't hall of famers like Timmy, I can see Tiago being able to succeed at the same level.

I watched this dude go from a nba scrub to a legit threat in the post. San Antonio didn't give up on the dude. He's not every game starter quality but for the games against bigger centers he's perfect and he's also playoff perfect. I think the Hawks have an advantage having a starting caliber center sitting on the bench when they need him along with two all star powerforwards.

This move makes us so much stronger but many just don't see it right now but they will realize once the season starts. Tiago is going to be huge for this franchise going forward. Hopefully Edy will be as good as many say he will be also

• Like 1

Stop it guys.

In no particular order

Al Horford

Brook Lopez

Al Jefferson

Nikola Vucevic

Greg Monroe

Andre Drummond

Joakim Noah

Hassan Whiteside

Jonas Valuncinuas (sp)

Marcin Gortat

Timofey Mozgov

And there are probably some backup centers that I'm forgetting about.

Splitter is decent. A good backup center. But please, let's temper expectations for him and not overhyped him.

You are reaching with Lopez, Gortat and Mozgov imo

You are reaching with Lopez, Gortat and Mozgov imo

I would say he was reaching with a lot of players except for the fact that I realized he was comparing them with Splitter. Let's be honest teams aren't waiting in line to woo Splitter to any team. He is more valuable to us because he fits a glaring need with or without Pero and he is familiar with our system so he should fit in seemlessly. DeMarre was nothing to get excited about until after being in our system but let's not go overboard

I would say he was reaching with a lot of players except for the fact that I realized he was comparing them with Splitter. Let's be honest teams aren't waiting in line to woo Splitter to any team. He is more valuable to us because he fits a glaring need with or without Pero and he is familiar with our system so he should fit in seemlessly. DeMarre was nothing to get excited about until after being in our system but let's not go overboard

I dunno about that. Splitter isn't a big name or have a sexy game but the guy is a legit, solid, smart big man who rarely makes mental errors on the court. I guess we will just wait and see but I'm guessing he quickly becomes a fan favorite.

Trash or treasure?  That seems to be the question about any and all new

players the Hawks sign.  Splitter is no exception.  some believe he's the

low man on the totum pole among centers in the east.  Others see him

in the top ten.

This is nothing new.  Check out any and all players signed.  Same reaction.

to_keep_order.gif

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Splitter brings championship experience and Bud knows him. It isn't about where he ranks statistically necessarily, it is about how he will help to allow the team rotation avert lapses defensively and offensively during 48 minutes of each game

• Like 4

Splitter brings championship experience and Bud knows him. It isn't about where he ranks statistically necessarily, it is about how he will help to allow the team rotation avert lapses defensively and offensively during 48 minutes of each game

Yes sir, system guy on a system team.

GDammit Vucevic averaging $12 mil for the next 4 years. Forgive me if I want to find some better alternatives to maxing Al next year.

I'm not excited about Splitter by any stretch, but I do realize the chain-link mentality of how the squad is built and plays. He's just a slight pressure release for the whole team in terms of depth, rim protection, and guys playing out of position. If he and Thabo stay healthy I have no doubt our defense will maintain dominance all year.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

OP is on crack or just trolling? Not sure. Splitter is a little better than a scrub. He is nothing but an expensive backup center that does nothing well and can not stay healthy.

I'd much rather have Zaza back if Budcox was that crazy to get a backup center.

OP is on crack or just trolling? Not sure. Splitter is a little better than a scrub. He is nothing but an expensive backup center that does nothing well and can not stay healthy.

You would rather have Zaza over Splitter? I hope you see the irony of your trolling comment.

One of the better defensive centers in the entire NBA does nothing well? Umm, ok then. Who is on crack?

• Premium Member

You would rather have Zaza over Splitter? I hope you see the irony of your trolling comment.

Zaza shoots on the pick and pop at the same level that Dirk does. Go ask Cuban, he specifically mentioned that as one of the main reasons they got him. He also plays hard and is an active body. None of that applies to Splitter.

Zaza shoots on the pick and pop at the same level that Dirk does. Go ask Cuban, he specifically mentioned that as one of the main reasons they got him. He also plays hard and is an active body. None of that applies to Splitter.

Hmmmm....not quite. Comparing Zaza's jumper to Dirk...kinda crazy. Zaza's is good, Dirk is excellent.

• Moderators

For goodness sakes...we lost DMC and have basically FLOODED our roster with potential replacements.

We are in great shape.

Guards: Jeff, Dennis, Mack

Tweeners: Kyle Korver, Thabo, Jr., Holiday, Baze

Inside guys: Horford, Paul Milsap, Splitter, Moose

That is 12 players....yes.gif

I don't see any high % DMC replacements. I see some 2s and some 4s and some low % sf gambles. I am hoping there is another shoe to fall. We've got room for a 2.8M contract with the room exception.