• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tiago Splitter traded to hawks

GrimeyKidd

• Moderators

Splitter is older and costs a bit more. I'd prefer MP2 with some cap flexibility.

I would have preferred the #15 pick.  Plumlee plus Aminu is probably a good comparison to THJ + Splitter.

Edited by AHF

If you watch Spur games, you know that Splitter is a legit center. Smart, nibble for his size, high character, and champion with Spurs. Also, our first true center since Mutombo.

Splitter is really good, and for me the only scary thing is injuries. He's an absolute steal at 8M, and will be doubly so next year when the cap explodes.

What I like most about this is that it shows me the Hawks are looking at guys who the advanced metrics favor: those who don't make a lot of mistakes, are efficient, and who are worth more than their contracts. No "YAY POINTS" signings, please.

Yup .....they will like splitter a lot come next season and now sap is leaning towards staying in the ATL.

I'm going to love this big man rotation

• Like 1

If you watch Spur games, you know that Splitter is a legit center. Smart, nibble for his size, high character, and champion with Spurs. Also, our first true center since Mutombo.

Exactly.....from some posters responses you can tell they are just general fans. Tiago is a perfect fit! He knows the Spurs system and he knows how to get BIG in the paint!......at only 8m it's a steal for the Hawks

• Like 2

Exactly.....from some posters responses you can tell they are just general fans. Tiago is a perfect fit! He knows the Spurs system and he knows how to get BIG in the paint!......at only 8m it's a steal for the Hawks

I don't blame most posters. They probably haven't seen Tiago play too much and are prolly looking at his numbers on a stat sheet. Pop/Bud/Spur type players are not stat sheet guys, they just produce on the court. Numbers don't always tell you the entire story.

What does Splitter bring as far as skill set? Is he a rim protector? I know he has some range but don't know much else about him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He doesn't have range, he is a big body that fits in a system. He doesn't block at alot of shots. He is just simply in the way. 

He doesn't have range, he is a big body that fits in a system. He doesn't block at alot of shots. He is just simply in the way. 

As far as defense goes, I'd glad take 'being in the way' any day :)

• Like 1

I'm wondering else the Spurs threw in to make this fair.

If Tiago was half the player ya'll thought he was he'd still be a spur.

If we got him for "free" it's a steal for ATL any way you look at it. It's just 10x better if it is a move to get a player with an even higher salary and upside in. We couldn't sign DMC for $15 mil, but we can trade for a $15 mil player. The irony of the system

What does Splitter bring as far as skill set? Is he a rim protector? I know he has some range but don't know much else about him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great defender, rebounder and passer. Finishes at the rim well too. Great role-player for his price. Really just an awesome deal for us all-around. If we resign Sap (and I expect we will) we'll have the best big-man rotation in the league. We were already pretty close.

Now finding a wing will be the tough part.

I don't blame most posters. They probably haven't seen Tiago play too much and are prolly looking at his numbers on a stat sheet. Pop/Bud/Spur type players are not stat sheet guys, they just produce on the court. Numbers don't always tell you the entire story.

My only worry with Splitter is his ability to stay healthy.

A trio PF/C rotation of Millsap/Horf/Split will be deadly if they are all healthy.

• Like 3