• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Goodbye DMC...

Diesel

• Moderators

I am very curious to see if Toronto views him as the best player on their team and goto guy or if he is a very good glue guy who happens to get his contract at a time when contracts are exploding.  If they expect him to be a fourth option on offense, they should get exactly what they expect.  If they view him as the lead guy, they are in for a rude awakening.  I suspect their expectations are more realistic.

It's not right. Joe Johnson and Kobe still exist right?

Being the highest paid Raptors still doesn't look right. What's next? Osh signs a 4-year/$93M deal with the Celtics because they feel left out???

Edited by Dejay

• Premium Member

I'm happy for DMC but I don't think being the highest paid player on the team will be a good for his game.  

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Congrats to DMC. He deserves it. Judging these deals relative to the norm makes no sense. Not saying we should have paid him, but that contract will not look nearly as bad  with the new cap. I wasn't sure which one I preferred TBH, but I think we can afford to lose 1. Biggest thing for me is losing Carroll might make it hard to move Horford to C. I guess you can make the argument that Splitter at C provides better rim protection , but if Sap is at the 3, do we start Korver and sacrifice perimeter D or start Thabo and sacrifice O? It's gets murky.

Not sure. Gilbert Arenas increased the value in his second contract more than sixteen times so by % or ratio he beats DMC. I suspect a lot of non-lottery studs who broke out made some huge % jumps.

For raw numbers, that will be someone more recent given the fact that raw dollars don't adjust for salary cap inflation.

Yeah, but he said "at this point in his career"

Arenas was younger and in an earlier point in career

• Premium Member

not drafting a Wing perimeter defender and trading for tim hardaway looks even worst now and I didnt think that was even possible!

Actually, Signing Thabo last year looks bad until he actually plays a full season.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

not drafting a Wing perimeter defender and trading for tim hardaway looks even worst now and I didnt think that was even possible!

Yep. I was thinking before the draft we would draft either DMC or Millsap replacement and instead we did neither. Now one is gone and the other is about to go.