• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Goodbye DMC...

Diesel

Oubre starting for the Hawks? Gitdafuqouttheeya!!! That would not have even happened by 2017. Oubre netted the Hawks two 2nds and a 19th, their 19th netted them THJr. Who will contribute much more THIS season than either Oubre or whoever else was available at 19th (Portis) was going to.

Edited by hazer

I liked DMC a whole lot while he was here, his grit and fight and energy and improvement. Good for him, can't blame him for taking that big money, most of us would do the same. Sadly, as the Raptors highest paid player, DMC will not translate as well with the Raptors in a system and under a coach that isn't the Hawks/Bud.

Tobias Harris. Tobias Harris. Tobias Harris. Oh please Tobias Harris...

Magic fan here..joined for Millsap talk ect ect.

Tobias wouldn't be a bad idea for hawks if millsap leaves. However magic could still re-sign tobias if they felt like it due to the Bird rule. 

Questions for hawks fans here.. Did magic offer of 4 year 80 mil come as a surprise? What was the expectations for the hawks to resign/what money and year figures? 

• Premium Member

I tweeted a big *beep* you to him.

I love DMC and I'm happy for him but the way he handled his free agency kind of pissed me off. Show some loyalty man, we helped make you into the player you are today.

• Moderators

Tobias wouldn't be a bad idea for hawks if millsap leaves. However magic could still re-sign tobias if they felt like it due to the Bird rule. 

Questions for hawks fans here.. Did magic offer of 4 year 80 mil come as a surprise? What was the expectations for the hawks to resign/what money and year figures? 

Yes.  I think most people thought the early bird exception was where he would land (starting at about $16.5M and totally $74M over 4 years).  There are a substantial number of people here who don't think he is worth 4 years/80M.  Personally, I think the Hawks need to resign him to try to grow last year's team which is worth the gamble.

It's done. I hope he likes those taxes.

But that is why they paid him so stinking much. Any normal market offer would net him less.

DMC said he needed this contract to be for his family. I'm happy for him and his family. It stinks for us, but I wouldn't have wanted us to pay him that amount.

I love DMC and I'm happy for him but the way he handled his free agency kind of pissed me off. Show some loyalty man, we helped make you into the player you are today.

I don't hate on DMC or think he is not loyal. He has played for peanuts his whole career. This is his only big money opportunity and I am glad he cashed it in.
  • Like 1

I don't hate on DMC or think he is not loyal. He has played for peanuts his whole career. This is his only big money opportunity and I am glad he cashed it in.

Nah man, how are the Hawks "family" and it didn't even take you a full 24 hours to decide to leave us? Dude didn't even sleep on it.

I feel betrayed after all we been through with him

I totally agree but now that he's sleeping with the enemy it's okay to dislike the guy, if only a little.

• Like 1

Nah man, how are the Hawks "family" and it didn't even take you a full 24 hours to decide to leave us? Dude didn't even sleep on it.

I feel betrayed after all we been through with him

I'll never knock my African American brothern for cashing in on some of that capitalism.

I can't speak for anyone else, but no, I did not see that one coming.  Hard to say whether Orlando did it to screw up our cap situation or if they really want Millsap that bad.  In any event, someone is apparently going to be grossly overpaying for his services.  For that much money, I hope they make him work on making layups.  He missed dozens of them in the playoffs.

The Hawks are really going to miss DMC and I hate to see him go. He is one of my favorite players and I was a big fan early in his first season here when many people thought he was not very good. I watched him continue to improve and really help this team and now he goes to freakin Toronto. UGH!

• Premium Member

I don't hate him either. I just think his whole free agency was a huge marketing compain. I respect some sort of loyalty and I didn't see much from him. It's all about the money for him and his family, but it makes me angry when you don't see any type of remorse or respect, "I'll miss my hawks teammates and the organization that made me a 15 million dollar player."

I wonder what the Hawks offered him. Listening to him it sounds like they low balled him because they wanted to keep Milsap and we couldn't pay both of them what they are getting.

I would rather have DMC for $13 -$14million instead of Milsap for $20 million and we might not even get Milsap. No way anyone can blame DMC for leaving if we didn't offer anything close to what he got.

I wonder what the Hawks offered him. Listening to him it sounds like they low balled him because they wanted to keep Milsap and we couldn't pay both of them what they are getting.

I would rather have DMC for $13 -$14million instead of Milsap for $20 million and we might not even get Milsap. No way anyone can blame DMC for leaving if we didn't offer anything close to what he got.

$13-$14 million is way too much money for DMC.  As is $20 million for Millsap.

• Like 2

Now he can actually afford those suits. Good for him. We got the max out of him and so did he, while Toronto is footing that bill. Only hope we get a good replacement.

Sorry as I like Millsap, but I hope we pass on 20 mil a year at age 30, and he has obviously reached his peak in statistics. We got the best of Millsap, don't see any improvement in 4 years time.

Edited by RWF
  • Like 1