• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Consolidated Discussion of FA SFs / Replacing DMC

capstone21

• Admin

Dorell Wright, Matt Barnes, Richard Jefferson and Wes Johnson are guys we should target. 

I like those options except maybe RJ ... he was really good in his time but he doesn't seem to have any basketball left.  When I watched him play he seemed to be a shell of his former self

Soon as I saw his shoes, I said he doesnt fit our "culture"

Yeah, at this point anyone still pining for that guy just like the way he looks in a suit. Cause he woulda been in line for a season full o' DNP-CD's.

Oubre is a project and years away... he might be good one day but we need contribution from SF now. He would not provide that.

Agree totally. If it was 2013 (hell, last year), I'd be all for drafting a guy like Oubre. But this team is a top contender for the Eastern Conference right now and don't have the time to have a guy find his way as a rookie in the starting lineup...

• Premium Member

Dennis/Thabo for Trevor Ariza.

If Houston loses Beverley, they will be hurting for a PG.

Trevor Ariza is a rich man's DMC.  He's a good defender and he can bury the three.

Teague, Korver, Ariza, Sap, Horf... with all that Bench power.

Trevor Ariza is a rich man's DMC.  He's a good defender and he can bury the three.

Dude just give up on your idea that Dennis will be moved.

• Premium Member

Chandler's a great fit, but of course DEN would have to want something we have, and in turn, something we'd be willing to part with... I think their picture gets clearer once they figure out what's going on with Ty Lawson.

• Admin

Wilson Chandler talk in another thread? Is he a possibility? I'd take him over all these cats.

It is just known that Denver wants to blow things up.

Chandler would be a great get and some combo of guys like Mack/Scott/2nd rounders etc could help get get it done ... as we get our SF and Denver would get pieces they can use with cheap contracts that will help with them starting over

Trevor Ariza is a rich man's DMC. He's a good defender and he can bury the three.

Nope.

• Admin

But would Ariza be worth it though?

No, he is a pretty good sf but he is very similar to a lot of other SFs who could cost a lot less

What about 2 2nd rounders for Shabazz Muhammed using an LRM Exception.

I would do that ... I don't think Minny would based on Shabazz's improvement last year.

Edited by capstone21

D you're overpaying on Ariza and underpaying for Muhammed.

Unlike some I'm willing to move Schröder, he's not untouchable at all as he has some holes in his game/Teague is better now and fits our window better, but it would have to REALLY move the needle and put us in legit championship contention for the next 3 or so years. So either a superstar or an all-star caliber wing.