• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Bud traded A. Payne

Wurider05

• Moderators

Man it sure would be nice if we had him right now. Remind me again what exactly did we get for him. He put up 8 and 5 after the all-star break in limited minutes. 

He sucked for the T-Wolves too.  Negative WS/48, 7.8 PER and a .448 TS% (garbage Daye was a .484% and Pero was a .508%).  I can't see how we could count on anything from him in the near term.  He has a lot of work to do to get to the level of bad.  Then he has to keep going to get to competent.  He is  young enough to do it, but nothing he did last year should make you regret his loss sitting here today.

• Like 4

• 9 months later...
  • Moderators

The pick still looks like crap.

The trade looks fine.

In totality, it is a terrible waste of a #15 overall pick to get an uncertain future pick which at best will be #15 and could be much worse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AHF said:

The pick still looks like crap.

The trade looks fine.

In totality, it is a terrible waste of a #15 overall pick to get an uncertain future pick which at best will be #15 and could be much worse.

I wanted Hood badly...I liked him a Duke a lot. Not sure how he dropped so far I thought he would be lottery like 11th pick.

He's still in a bad situation. I don't necessarily think he's a bad player, but he does need a situation he can display himself with...

Yeah OK he's a bust.

1 hour ago, hawksfanatic said:

He's still in a bad situation. I don't necessarily think he's a bad player, but he does need a situation he can display himself with...

Yeah OK he's a bust.

You tried.  Was commendable.

On 7/1/2015 at 4:09 PM, BackForThe2ndTime said:

From 2017-2020.  Did we ever hear what happens T'Wolves miss the playoffs every one of those years? 

On 7/1/2015 at 4:10 PM, Sothron said:

At some point I think it becomes a second rounder or nothing.

If we don't get a first round pick by 2020, we get their 2020 and 2021 2nd round picks.  #Truth  

Edited by bumpyphish1

3 hours ago, hawksfanatic said:

Yeah OK he's a bust.

I was scratching my head at first. 

Then the last line of logic came in.

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 4/9/2016 at 0:17 AM, bumpyphish1 said:

If we don't get a first round pick by 2020, we get their 2020 and 2021 2nd round picks.  #Truth  

Yep.  And what a crappy outcome that would be.

You can trade the #15 overall pick for...drum roll...second round picks 5 and 6 years in the future!

In reality, I think the Wiggins / Towns combo is too good to miss the playoffs all those years.  

15 hours ago, AHF said:

Yep.  And what a crappy outcome that would be.

You can trade the #15 overall pick for...drum roll...second round picks 5 and 6 years in the future!

In reality, I think the Wiggins / Towns combo is too good to miss the playoffs all those years.  

That is the wrong way to look at it.  You spent the pick.  You traded AP for 2 2nd rounders.  The wolves couldn't even get that now.  He is a depreciating asset.  Just forget about the #15 pick.    

• Like 1