• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Bud traded A. Payne

Wurider05

15 minutes ago, AHF said:

You know I'm not blaming Wilcox for that pick and am blaming Ferry right?  You saw that I listed Payne with the other Ferry picks, right?

I am praising Budcox on this thread for turning a turd of a pick into some residual value and crapping on Ferry for putting us in a position where in less than a year we had to pull the rip cord and try to recover some diluted value for that bust of a pick.  For the Hawks organization, the combination of the two is a failure.

That's your attitude, but it's also not what you wrote in the thread until your stance shockingly changed after I mocked it. Well, someone else mocked it before I did but whatever. You did list Payne with Ferry, but also cast blanket blame on turning the #15 into 2nd rounders to then craft up a "sunk cost" example where you clearly were casting blame on bad draft picks .... of which Wilcox wasn't the boss of. Was your example of a financial adviser not meant to be a story of how poor drafting makes you worse off? Of which, that doesn't make much sense in the context of Adreian Payne. Gee, I wonder why that'd be an important distinction in this thread?

Eh, this is enough internetting for today. I'm going to go back to just posting butthurt memes or something.

tumblr_mabkesjEmf1roxskao1_400.gif

17 hours ago, MaceCase said:

Oh look, it's the Simon Cowell of the Squawk. 

You can kindly direct your opinions here:

zIb676w.gif

But be sure to make room by getting your head out of there first

anigif_enhanced-buzz-5432-1408462444-22.

Ho hum ... another average poast and that's being kind.  You're off your game lately.  Are you back on the wagon?  Or is it off the wagon?

Either way, try harder next time, Brosephine.

• Moderators
On 4/8/2016 at 4:23 PM, AHF said:

The pick still looks like crap.

The trade looks fine.

In totality, it is a terrible waste of a #15 overall pick to get an uncertain future pick which at best will be #15 and could be much worse.

So....you think I was blaming Budcox for a bad trade when I spelled out from the beginning that the pick looked like crap and the trade looked fine waaay earlier than your entry on this thread.  

This distinction has been clear even way before this thread:

You've tried to make this distinction without a difference for months now and I've called out a clear line between the trade and draft repeatedly:

On 2/18/2016 at 0:00 PM, AHF said:

Personally, I think it was a disaster of a pick followed by a decent trade of damaged goods.

On 2/18/2016 at 1:10 PM, AHF said:

I agree it is a sunk cost and you know that.  I said it was a disastrous pick and a decent trade.  The reason the trade was decent is because Payne is a sunk cost and we pulled the trigger in time to collect some value while there was still the notion that he could possibly be a good player (unlike Jenkins who we couldn't deal for value after we realized he was never going to contribute).  If we had just flipped the #15 pick directly for a  pick that will fall between #15 and #60 sometime years in the future that would have been a straight disaster (without anything decent).

And now you are back to pretending I am saying that there was no decent trade every time this subject comes up.  I guess enjoy feeling butthurt and ignoring the substance of my posts?  How much clearer can you be than recognizing the trade looks fine because of sunk costs but when you look at the issue in its totality, we lost out on this?

Payne was a craptastic waste of assets by Ferry.  Budcox pulled the toaster out of that dumpster fire.  Well done Budcox.  Don't let that cycle happen again.

• Like 1

Why is this being talked about still?  The organization made a pick on a great college player.  The Hawks never gave  him a chance to succeed and shipped him off to Minnesota.  Where he is in another bad situation.  

Just move on from this.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Alex said:

Why is this being talked about still?  The organization made a pick on a great college player.  The Hawks never gave  him a chance to succeed and shipped him off to Minnesota.  Where he is in another bad situation.  

Just move on from this.

Adreian Payne sucks. He makes Shelden Williams look like Hakeem Olajuwon. He has some of the worst statistics of any PF in the league (perhaps the worst... heck, perhaps the worst stats out of any player in any position in the NBA) and can't crack minutes on a 30 win team. The pick was a fail, and the trade was a fantastic idea, not sure why he is still in the league, but he won't last another year or two. 

Edited by Atlantaholic
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Just move on from this.

Exactly..........lmao..........