• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Trading Teague?

Afro

So apparently we have to dump salary just to fit Millsap. That still leaves us 2 or 3 players down.

Now we can dump Scott and mack, but that just helps us afford Millsap, not add depth.

Teague however makes 12 million. Could this be the plan?

Trade Teague for a starting SF.

Dennis starts

Millsap and Horford start with Thabo rotating in.

Teague makes 8 million and hes going nowhere.

Makes $8m yes. Going nowhere? Not so sure about that. If we want to improve our roster then he's one of the only tradeable pieces that would get us something back. I was expecting us to push our trade of Teague back until next offseason. But the way this free agency period has gone, we may have to do it now and hand the keys to Dennis a year early.

Makes $8m yes. Going nowhere? Not so sure about that. If we want to improve our roster then he's one of the only tradeable pieces that would get us something back. I was expecting us to push our trade of Teague back until next offseason. But the way this free agency period has gone, we may have to do it now and hand the keys to Dennis a year early.

This team will be average without Teague next year. No point in resigning millsap if you are dumping teague. Might as well tank.

This team will be average without Teague next year. No point in resigning millsap if you are dumping teague. Might as well tank.

Methinks you greatly underestimate Schröder and his still growing potential. Remember how much he progressed from year 1 to year 2? It will probably be something similar this year.

Yes, in a perfect world we'd be able to keep Teague and Schro both this season before turning it over to Schro next year. But this free agency has pretty much burned that "perfect world" scenario down to the ground. We need a starting caliber SF.

If we trade any of our point guards, it won't be the all star.

tumblr_mmn4acwedU1rw6m6bo1_400.gif

Keep thinking that if you want too. But salary cap space is the thing we need most, and Teague is taking up by far the most of it. And also has the highest trade value due to said all-star status. I'm not saying I'd like it to happen. I'm just saying it's the only real way to improve the roster at this point.

Methinks you greatly underestimate Schröder and his still growing potential. Remember how much he progressed from year 1 to year 2? It will probably be something similar this year.

Yes, in a perfect world we'd be able to keep Teague and Schro both this season before turning it over to Schro next year. But this free agency has pretty much burned that "perfect world" scenario down to the ground. We need a starting caliber SF.

I think my memory is pretty clear. What I remember is him being terrible for the majority of the playoffs. So bad,that he was benched for Mack. We would have had a much better playoff showing if mack was the #2 throughout the playoffs.

I think dennis has a ton of potential but he is nowhere close to being ready to lead a top team. This team will take a fat step back if they hand the reigns over to dennis this season.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

We keep Teague! I'll trade him for an obvious improvement--just like any player.

You see what DMC signed for? Teague is a huge steal at 8 million.

• Like 3

Thats why Teague Trade rumours have been around forever.

You stop it.

Keep thinking that if you want too. But salary cap space is the thing we need most, and Teague is taking up by far the most of it. And also has the highest trade value due to said all-star status. I'm not saying I'd like it to happen. I'm just saying it's the only real way to improve the roster at this point.

I don't know about the numbers and if the Hawks need to dump salary at this point. I'm speaking only on the basketball aspect and I remember Schröder not really producing much in the playoffs while playing comparable minutes to Teague. He didn't outperform Teague, he even got benched for Mack at one point. A healthy Schröder only played better than a hurt Teague in two games, and you want to trade Teague so he can start?

Thabo is more of a starting caliber SF than dennis is a starting caliber PG

If we were to assume that both players show up to start this season exactly as they ended last season, then you would have a point. But since we know Dennis is going to make another jump in his game, we can't exactly count on that assumption remaining true.

I don't know about the numbers and if the Hawks need to dump salary at this point. I'm speaking only on the basketball aspect and I remember Schröder not really producing much in the playoffs while playing comparable minutes to Teague. He didn't outperform Teague, he even got benched for Mack at one point. A healthy Schröder only played better than a hurt Teague in two games, and you want to trade Teague so he can start?

Want to? No. From a basketball standpoint, most definitely not, and I made that quite clear. However, you can't only speak on the basketball aspect of things as you desire to do, because this is the real world with salary cap ramifications. And in that world, he's the most logical trade assett we have currently that we could use to add a starting quality SF. Trading Dennis and his cheap rookie contract does absolutely nothing to alleviate the pressure we have towards the cap. We don't even have enough salary cap space to fit Splitter and Millsaps contracts right now. Someone is going to have to go just to afford those two guys, much less add a starting SF.

• Like 1

If we were to assume that both players show up to start this season exactly as they ended last season, then you would have a point. But since we know Dennis is going to make another jump in his game, we can't exactly count on that assumption remaining true.

Want to? No. From a basketball standpoint, most definitely not, and I made that quite clear. However, you can't only speak on the basketball aspect of things as you desire to do, because this is the real world with salary cap ramifications. And in that world, he's the most logical trade assett we have currently that we could use to add a starting quality SF. Trading Dennis and his cheap rookie contract does absolutely nothing to alleviate the pressure we have towards the cap. We don't even have enough salary cap space to fit Splitter and Millsaps contracts right now. Someone is going to have to go just to afford those two guys, much less add a starting SF.

Which is why you try to trade Shelvin Mack's $2.4 million deal packaged along with Mike Scott's $3.3 million deal if necessary. If we're trying to shed salary and get a contributor at SF, package Schröder along with Scott.