• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Trading Teague?

Afro

Nope. That's why I'm not a NBA GM. But even I know you look for alternatives instead of panicking and trading young all stars.

Then submit a suitable alternative. Otherwise, stop dumping on legitimate ideas others are coming up with when you don't have another path to go down.

Then submit a suitable alternative. Otherwise, stop dumping on legitimate ideas others are coming up with when you don't have another path to go down.

These are the only two alternatives I see. I already posted them but maybe you didn't see. Although you may be right about Teague, it seems the Hawks are still wanting to meet with Monta Ellis.

Which is why you try to trade Shelvin Mack's $2.4 million deal packaged along with Mike Scott's $3.3 million deal if necessary. If we're trying to shed salary and get a contributor at SF, package Schröder along with Scott.

Salary cap is going to be 67-70 million this year. I read some rumor that it could be even higher, but let's say we've got (rounded roughly):

Horford-12

Splitter-8?

Teague-8

Korver-5.5

Thabo-4

Scott-3.3

Mack-2.5

Dennis-2

THjr-1.5

Muscala-minimum(not sure if it counts towards cap)

Daye-minimum

We're looking around 47-48 before signing sap. If we sign sap to a back loaded deal we've probably got 3-4 million left to work with. If we trade Scott and Mack that puts us around 8-9 to work with. I think the MLE is around 5.5, so let's say we sign Milsap (which I think we've come to an agreement), and use the MLE to sign someone like Gerald Green or Jae crowder, and then use the bi-annual exception to sign a 3rd PG. that leaves us about 8 million to go after 1 more really solid piece or a couple of decent pieces to fill in the bench. Sign me up Hawks. I'm ready to be assistant GM.

• Premium Member

While I feel Dennis can handle starting at PG now, Teague has now probably the best contract in the NBA on a non rookie scale. An All Star PG is now making less than our slightly better than scrub back up center.

Unless we get something that is a huge step up trading Teague would be insanity.

There is no reason to trade Teague at the moment unless the SF you are getting will make up for the strength of having a strong 2 PG rotation.

No sense in getting weaker at PG to get marginally better at SF, it has to be an impactful player and I cant think of one that's available.

Beside, if you are trading Teague, the best time would be at the trade deadline.

While I feel Dennis can handle starting at PG now, Teague has now probably the best contract in the NBA on a non rookie scale. An All Star PG is now making less than our slightly better than scrub back up center.

Unless we get something that is a huge step up trading Teague would be insanity.

Well of course, that should be obvious. But it should also be obvious that Teague's trade value is probably the highest right now that it will ever be. You don't trade him unless the deal makes sense; but the iron is definitely hot right now. And we have a need to not only shed salary, but also aqcuire a legit starting SF. I'm all open for alternatives because I would like to keep Teague at least one more year if possible. But right now, I'm just not seeing anything.

I mean, I guess we could always just dump Scott and/or Mack and go with some combination of Thabo, Baze, Millsap, and Hardaway filling the SF position this season. We aren't getting a decent player in return for Scott/Mack, and there is no way in hell I would trade Schröder and all of his potential, especially when he's still on a cheap rookie contract.

Hopefully BudCox work some salary cap magic that we don't see right now. But otherwise...

• Premium Member

Well of course, that should be obvious. But it should also be obvious that Teague's trade value is probably the highest right now that it will ever be. You don't trade him unless the deal makes sense; but the iron is definitely hot right now. And we have a need to not only shed salary, but also aqcuire a legit starting SF. I'm all open for alternatives because I would like to keep Teague at least one more year if possible. But right now, I'm just not seeing anything.

I mean, I guess we could always just dump Scott and/or Mack and go with some combination of Thabo, Baze, Millsap, and Hardaway filling the SF position this season. We aren't getting a decent player in return for Scott/Mack, and there is no way in hell I would trade Schröder and all of his potential, especially when he's still on a cheap rookie contract.

Hopefully BudCox work some salary cap magic that we don't see right now. But otherwise...

Who exactly are you wanting to trade him for exactly?

And that leaves us with dennis being the only person who can break down a defense. He falls 4-5 times a game when playing limited minutes as a reserve. What are we going to do when dennis gets hurt or goes to the bench?

And those terms don't exist in the modern day nba.

I wish we could get shumpert under buds wing

We'll see. Free agency ain't over yet.

• Premium Member

Another trade Teague Thread...You boys don't even understand our offense if you want Teaque who is our engine to the offense traded for a Small forward.  The position that was played by the only non all star on our team last year.  The Small Forward position is just not critical in our offensive attack but point guard is!  Some day some of y'all will understand that simple fact.

Edited by Peoriabird
  • Like 3

Another trade Teague Thread...You boys don't even understand our offense if you want Teaque who is our engine to the offense traded for a Small forward. The position that was played by the only non all star on our team last year. Small Forward just not critical in our offensive attack but point guard is! Some day some of y'all will understand that simple fact.

Did you watch the playoffs?

Who exactly are you wanting to trade him for exactly?

That's the big question, isn't it. Off the top of my head I can think of Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. I would think we'd have to get some sweetener in that deal sent back to us in that one. Crowder might be an option, but he's also an RFA. But my main guess would be an under the radar player like Hardaway in his 2nd or 3rd year that Bud has had his eye on, that we have no idea about. In most cases it would be us sending out Teague for the SF + more to make it worth the trade for us. And it could concievably be a 3-team trade.

Forgot about Rudy Gay from Sacramento, especially since they need a PG. Yes, he's on a $12m contract and wouldn't get us the salary cap space we need. But doing this deal and sending Scott along, or in a seperate deal elsewhere would get us where we need to be. I'm not sure on how this exact cap situation works, but if we trade out Teague, I think we may be able to take back a greater amount of salary which wouldn't matter if it put us over the cap? 

Edited by RandomFan

• Premium Member

Did you watch the playoffs?

let us look at the stats then shall we

Leading scorer  Jeff Teague

Leading rebounder  Paul Millsap

Assist leader  Jeff Teague

Steals leader Paul Millsap

Leader in block Shots  Al Horford

So yes I did watch the playoffs

let us look at the stats then shall we

Leading scorer Jeff Teague