• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Trading Teague?

Afro

Because that's not the argument? The argument is we need a couple of mill AND a starting SF. We can agree to disagree if you don't think we need another SF on the roster. But I for one, do. But you're right about one thing, if Bud doesn't think we need a starting SF, then there is no need to make a move other than dumping Scott's salary, hope that gives us enough to bring Tavares over too, and use our $2.8m exception to add the best player we can for that price.

Just consider this as our current options at SF and SG:

We could start Korver and Baze together, with Baze defending the best scoring option. Leaving Hardaway and Thabo to sub in with Thabo on the best scoring option.

Korver and Thabo together with Thabo on the best scoring option. Leaving Hardaway and Baze to sub in with Baze on the top scoring option.

Or swap Korver and Hardaway in each scenario above. We want to have one of Thabo or Baze on the court at all times to play defense. This also probably means we would need some salary cap room to bring Patterson over as a 5th wing player on the bench, unless we spend our exception on another wing player.

We'll see.

Just saying, if there was an impetus to get a "starting SF" by trading Jeffrey for cap, don't you think DeMarre would still be in play?  Patterson isn't an issue at all, if he is even looked at as a viable option then the minimum salary exception would cover him, the team can use eleventy billions of those.  So you just detailed a scenario where the wing rotation is covered and any nobody can be found off the street to add depth to it now through training camp, again when 10 days become eligible and when vets from losing teams are being dropped after the deadline.  Unless you expect All Star production out of Dennis and/or to get a return of a All Star caliber SF for Jeffrey (while simultaneously being cheaper so as to create space for Paul and Tiago too) this scenario doesn't hold much water nor make much sense. 

• Like 1

What if the possible trade isn't Teague, but someone that plays the positions of the 2 guys we just got, and his contract year is coming and we might not want to either lose him to FA or pay the price of the big contract coming?

Would a desperate Lakers give up Randle+ for him?

Cap to fit Sap and Splitter, get a young potential star, and some wiggle room to fill that SF void.

Edited by RWF
  • Like 1

What if the possible trade isn't Teague, but someone that plays the positions of the 2 guys we just got, and his contract year is coming and we might not want to either lose him to FA or pay the price of the big contract coming?

Would a desperate Lakers give up Randle+ for him?

Cap to fit Sap and Splitter, get a young potential star, and some wiggle room to fill that SF void.

Trade Splitter? It's possible, but then we'd need another backup big man, those aren't cheap.

And if your question is trade Horford? bwahahahahahahahahaahhahah

No.

I'm no Teague fan but I have to love his contract for the same reasons I hated Joe's.

JJ was one of the worst values way before Bill Simmons made an infamous list. There are 27 teams not named the Grizzlies or Warriors who would (or should) kill for the bang we get for our buck at PG. Now that we're good with the C depth I can't see a worthy trade at all.

He's an average jump-shooter and defender with average intangibles and strength, but the Spur System doesn't work without super-quick PGs who manipulate spaces and begrudgingly buy in to the weird coaching demands. Posters and fans calling for him to possibly be moved is nothing new or without basis. Like Tony Parker, rumblings will surface twice a year from the front office whenever that quickness isn't enough to offset everything else slumping.

Most think Tiago and Edy were brought to relieve pressure off Al. Al is a championship-pedigree type role player IMO, I never worried about him being out of position, and apparently all his NBA coaches don't either. I think the staff is doing everything they can to supplement and de-pressurize Jeff (and Kyle to an extent) so he can reach maximum efficiency without going through those dreaded and infamous slumps he has. A little more paint deterrence and rim protection for the drives he, Timmy Jr, and Kyle will allow, a few more dump-ins late in the clock when he's walled off and Kyle well-covered.

He's safe for now, but I think his feet will definately be held to the fire and on the block if he doesn't fulfill the staff's expectations this upcoming playoffs.

Edited by benhillboy