• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Why is Bazemore receiving Hate on the Squawk?

JTB

People are just overreacting. Yesterday I was cursing the front office for their lack of aggression in pursing free agents but after seeing teams like the Lakers and the Knicks crash and burn, I appreciate what having a competent front office means for a franchise.

• Like 3

I love Baze. Ideally though I only want him playing the 2. It just seems at the moment we are going to be content letting him be an undersized BU 3 and thats not his fault. I expect him to be a positive contribitor on offense but I think we are going to hurt defensively against the bigger 3s if he is in there. I dont blame him for his circumstances I just wish there was a better fit for him

I love Baze. Ideally though I only want him playing the 2. It just seems at the moment we are going to be content letting him be an undersized BU 3 and thats not his fault. I expect him to be a positive contribitor on offense but I think we are going to hurt defensively against the bigger 3s if he is in there. I dont blame him for his circumstances I just wish there was a better fit for him

Well we can play him against the more athletic 3s in the league and use Millsap against bigger 3s like Lebron or Melo. Once Thabo is 100% he can take on the more difficult match ups.

It's because the haters no longer have Pero to kick around. They have to find a new whipping boy to dump their hatred of life on.

lol... this ^

Baze has a lot of potential and I see great things for him in the future

I love Bazemore as a 10-12th man. In fact, I think he could become an average backup who can give you 15 good mins potentially but he's no starter nor is he a reliable 20-25 MPG guy which some on this board like to push which gets responses like he's a scrub from me because that is what he would be in that role.

• Like 1

If you have never started a game before, you can never start one in the future (sarcasm)

What I saw from Bazemore in the CLE series was very promising in my eyes.  He was outplaying a lot of players deemed better than him.  He has a lot of heart and is always at Atlanta Hawks events.  I think he could play some spot minutes at SF, but he is too small to play it full time.  If he can work on his shot and handles, he could be a very good player for us.  Remember, this will be his first full off season with our team.  I expect good things from him next season. 

• Like 1

If you have never started a game before, you can never start one in the future (sarcasm)

What I saw from Bazemore in the CLE series was very promising in my eyes. He was outplaying a lot of players deemed better than him. He has a lot of heart and is always at Atlanta Hawks events. I think he could play some spot minutes at SF, but he is too small to play it full time. If he can work on his shot and handles, he could be a very good player for us. Remember, this will be his first full off season with our team. I expect good things from him next season.

This, I fully expect Baze to make a Carroll type leap in his game next season. He is younger more athletic and just as hungry. My only worries are his fit. He has the length but he is undersized for SF. I dont want us to mis-use him ans put him at a defensive disadvantage just because we failled to pick up a real SF.

Bazemore is a perfect 9th man.

He is the kinda of player that is just atheletic and skilled enough to contribute in different ways in a few games... He can get some steals, block a big shot... Or some games he will hit some 3's... But many games he will give you next to nothing, and his shooting isn't that great. As a 9th or 10th man you can play him if he is having a good game, but you can afford to sit him if he is having one of his many ineffective games.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

What I saw from Bazemore in the CLE series was very promising in my eyes. He was outplaying a lot of players deemed better than him. He has a lot of heart and is always at Atlanta Hawks events. I think he could play some spot minutes at SF, but he is too small to play it full time. If he can work on his shot and handles, he could be a very good player for us. Remember, this will be his first full off season with our team. I expect good things from him next season.

I agree with this. I remember he showed up and played well in the game that Horford got ejected. He has his moments but I love his enthusiasm and athleticism. His shot was awful towards the end of the season but I think he started trying too hard.

Give the guy another year to learn his limits in our system. He will learn when to drive and shoot, when to give up on offense and play solid D. I remember many times during DMC's first year I gave him the "Josh Smith nooo" when he shot or tried to drive to the hoop as well.

After watching all 4 of those videos, I'm ready for some freaking NBA season and Bob Rathbun already! Four more months is too long to wait. At least football will be here soon.

Edited by RandomFan
  • Like 1

Bazemore is a perfect 9th man.

He is the kinda of player that is just atheletic and skilled enough to contribute in different ways in a few games... He can get some steals, block a big shot... Or some games he will hit some 3's... But many games he will give you next to nothing, and his shooting isn't that great. As a 9th or 10th man you can play him if he is having a good game, but you can afford to sit him if he is having one of his many ineffective games.

This. Look at his advanced analytics.

He's a decent spot sub. But for the more part, he's our fit and the least impactful of all of our players outside of Daye and Jenkins who barely played. He brings energy off the bench and he plays hard but it's 4 on 5 anytime he enters the game. He is the prime example of a 10th man.

http://www.82games.com/1415/1415ATL.HTM

This idea that we should start him or give him more minutes is nonsense. That's why the Tim Hardaway Jr deal was necessary.

Edited by NBASupes